MasterLe IRON MAN sales issue thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another MasterLe Victim..

Well I didn't take any pictures because I thought I could trust the guy (my mistake and won't make it again) but here is a copy of the email he sent me on 7/16.. This is the last I heard from him..

RE: IM Helmet..‏

To sl_5804@hotmail.com
From:Anthony Le (anthony_q_le@hotmail.com) Sent:Fri 7/16/10 2:34 AM

A new helmet is being made, i saw more imperfections and getting it done asap. please send me your address again. also i need payment for the shipping.

To: anthony_q_le@hotmail.com
Subject: IM Helmet..
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:15:33 -0400

Anthony,

What's the status on my helmet?

Jeff

Having done work for Jeff/Darth Clayton in the past, he is an excellent communicator and very thorough, so I am throwing my hat in the ring if only to vouch for him. I don't see him acting out of turn or jumping the bun here.

Just more proof that this Le character should man up and talk with people.

Crix and I are from Denver, ya know.

Want us to give him the clamps?
200px-clamps.jpg

Last edited:

Having done work for Jeff/Darth Clayton in the past, he is an excellent communicator and very thorough, so I am throwing my hat in the ring if only to vouch for him. I don't see him acting out of turn or jumping the bun here.

Just more proof that this Le character should man up and talk with people.

Ahh shucks...:$

Thanks Chase ;)

*jump on Bandwagon* I've had already banned him from Section Sixteen due to his behavior. I wont go into crass words but the man is not to be trusted on any level, and most of his work BTW is done by other people, not by him.

I have always thought this , from just the way he words things and is so secretive, who is making the suits if not him?

So sorry that you have to deal with this, man. I thank whatever gods may be that so far I have had such good luck in trades and purchases here.

I have always thought this , from just the way he words things and is so secretive, who is making the suits if not him?
Forget about how he words things. The level of workmanship involved in the War Machine costume is damned near astounding when you compare it to his Iron Man. It's night and day.

I think someone else made the War Machine, if you look at the legs too, all his Iron Man costumes, even the ones that can pass off as "Good", the legs always suck and look horrible, making him look like Iron Dwarf, but the War Machine is actually scaled pretty nicely to his body.

well i guess the million dollar questions is WHO is making them?? I mean out that guy and masterle is done

Last edited:

I have no doubt that he makes the armor itself, but the helmets are one of his cronies here in the area, I believe. Crix would know.

The armor is cleverly-made, but it's all just plastic cut by hand and riveted together. His costumes are Hot From Far Away, but you get close and you start to see what else is really going on.

There are usually giant gaps in the armor where you can see his undersuit.
4827134397_7a6f36f8d5_o.jpg

The hands and feet are usually the worst.
4845398560_250ed9c8f5_b.jpg

4844778163_3a0c162168_z.jpg

I think his Mk V is hilarious because he couldn't figure out how to do the leg joints, so Iron Man now wears rubber panties.
YouTube - Master Le Cosplay Iron Man 2 MKVI and War Machine fight scene spoof

The way I look at his work is sort of like... it's styrene origami. It works well for flat surfaces and straight edges, but utterly fails when it comes to curved or spherical objects (see War Machine shoulders). It's clever, and is worthy of praise, but fate somehow smiled upon him and brought the attention of the internet costume world to his doorstep. Instead of going, "Wow, thanks for all the praise, guys. You have no idea how much it means to receive so many compliments, especially since this stuff seems so relatively simple," he immediately developed a god complex and has since been turning everyone off.

Humility, man. That's all it takes. "Gee, thanks for the compliments," would have him in a completely different place than, "IT'S ALL TOP SECRET HEHEHEHE THE SHOULDER GUN CAN FIRE PAINTBALLS."

Oh well. We see this sort of thing all the time.

The best thing to do is get the word out about him at as many cons and places as possible, at worst it will make him clean up his act and at best it'll let folks know what he's like. tell you what i'd rather ask for a majority of help on anime and other costumes on here. I noticed if you're over 23 on cosplay.com they tend to ignore you. I met a few nice people but its more of a place to talk than share ideas.

ok, hey everyone, you guys probably know who i am, may like or dislike me. i take it as a complement, and i will continue to build things. Not just iron man but other things after Iron man 2 and so forth, like Gundam wing, or Metal gear solid. who knows , I really do enjoy art work in many ways. also dont de-rail my thread

Oh god!!! if he tries to ruin Metal Gear or Gundam Wing I swear I may just have to use my money for Scout Trooper armor to go to his next convention and physically hurt him, I'm not sure how yet, But I may just have to.

Please, if you take any offense to this, let me know, I'll remove it:

You don't do a costume where you are supposed to be BIG when you're that small!!!!
You can't touch gundam wing and you are not allowed to even look at, let alone cosplay as Snake, Raiden, Big Boss, Liquid, Gray Fox, or Cambel!!!

But in all seriousness, if he starts any of these after Iron Man dies away Qui-Gonzalez might be wrong! I really hope he is right, I really do, when I was first introduced to this forum, it was because someone wanted to show me, and I quote: "An Arse-Hatt." and he showed me asavage's post to Lee, saying: "The guy he's talking to is an Arse-Hatt"

Well the thread by goosebot 5000 was closed so I couldn't post there so I thought I would start a new one telling of my tale..

Our story begins on 5/16 when I sent Anthony the $ for a finished MKIII helmet with hinged faceplate. Anthony was very prompt and said the helmet would be shipped within 5 days, but having dealt with prop makers in the past the time frame issue is sometimes not always something that happens when it is supposed to happen.

Needless to say I was shocked when 6 days later Anthony sent me a tracking # from UPS, and I had the box 3 days later. As I opened the box waiting to see my new addition to my helmet collection I noticed a strange aroma. As I removed the packing the smell became even stronger, I then noticed red paint on some of the packing material and when I finally got to the helmet there was paint rubbed off in some areas and no paint on others. There was also hot glue all over the inside and hot glue strings everywhere.

Well I can tell you that I was none to happy as this was not what I paid for. I immediately emailed Anthony and told him of the situation and he said to mail it back to him and he would fix it. It looked like it was just thrown together had some paint slapped on it and shipped just to get it out the door.

Well a few days later I shipped it back to him and after 2 weeks he said he received it and would get it fixed ASAP. Fast forward to mid July and again I ask about the status of my helmet. Here is the reply he sent me..

"A new helmet is being made, i saw more imperfections and getting it done asap. please send me your address again. also i need payment for the shipping."

Notice the area I underlined area, he is expecting to me to pay for shipping again on his screw-up. That was on 7/16/10 and since then I have heard nothing from him. I have pm'd 2 of his friends to see if they might be able to have him get in contact with me, but still nothing.

I know since I'm past the 45 day limit on PP that I'll not see my money back, but here is hoping that Anthony will grow a conscience and make it right. If not maybe at least I'll save someone from being another one of his victims..

I JUST WANT WHAT I PAID FOR, AND HAVE IT DONE RIGHT!!

Ok, I'm done ranting..

Awww hell! I had no idea that the prop replica buisiness was so shady! Im the guy making the Terminator arms that are screen accurate, movable, posable, and animatronic capable. Ive been working my ass off to get this kit made and it sickens me to think that people wont order them because of trust issues...VALID trust issues. I joined the Endobuilders Club and there's a notorious fellow named Mike Tait. he ripped a bunch of people off and he deserves his reputation.
I will still make my Terminator arm available to all, but how do I prove myself? Ive sold and bought things on Ebay but p2p business is far less regulated. My kits will be available next month, and I will kindly ask the first few buyers to post their expeirience with dealing with me. I hope many of you will be satisfied buyers. Thanks.
Marty

i did. i didnt see one in there, but at one point i heard that savage said even more about him. but i cant remember where that was. i know CBK fired back once or twice, but not on here.

Hmmm, I could swear there was something about Lee whining that asavage was "Bragging" etc, either which way, though I don't like the guy or his dealings, he did play a primary role in my joining, he was one of the 3, asavage being another, and Sharkhead being the main.

So just remember, If I pissed you off, it is indirectly Sharkhead, Asavage, and Lee's faults, lol

But I'm joking, do pin things on other people, blame where blame is due, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back