MasterLe IRON MAN sales issue thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another MasterLe Victim..

I left a little message on cosplay.com saying Le was basically a CROOK & LIAR..

i'm a cross forum-er personally.
i feel RPF is abit more mature, but that comes with it being part of the replica community, and cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious.

i enjoy both communities.. for different reasons

i feel RPF is abit more mature, but that comes with it being part of the replica community, and cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious.

Same here. That's the nice thing about anime costumes: they're fairly inexpensive (unless it's armor or something) and are usually kinda silly.

if anyone has started a similar thread on here, can you plz post the link in here? maybe we can make this a hub of the bad business hes had and link everyone to all of the threads that explain the situations. i added this link in to my reply on the cosplay.com link, but i think that if there are tons of links to show how bad Le is at EVERYTHING then we can perhaps get something rolling.

I remember a new member about the time Le joined up that his first post was slamming Le. He was banned, but so far, it looks like he was right.

the opening post as a rage post probably was not the best way of bringing things like this to peoples attention, they have a point.

I left a little message on cosplay.com saying Le was basically a CROOK & LIAR..

Anthony Le (aka MasterLe247) is a CROOK & LIAR!! - Cosplay.com

really? if you want to spread the word about how much of a thief le is, i suggest you dont go about like an angry 9 year old, especially on a website that holds him so highly.

goosebot saved the day. thats how it should have been approached.

i understand being screwed over is rough, but acting like a child over it doesnt help you any.

Also "cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious. "
I know which forum I won't be joining.

Wow, that's pretty funny, way to get offended for no reason, I make both, and anime costumes are more simple and less serious, I made a Cloud costume in less then an hour with old halloween costumes and it looked pretty good.

A really ham handed approach, Clayton. They do have a point, and it was raised in this thread. We would all like to see photos of this travesty. Show emails he sent about fixing it and you having to pay to get it back again. Don't go in like a bull in a China shop, man.

I am not getting offended over nothing. It is just a little frustrating to be considered a less serious costumer due to my limited funds. It's hard to explain the longing I have to start my borg queen costume. Off topic though.

I am completely unaware who this user is. Can anyone link me to other forums of people who have been ripped off? Preferably ones with pictures. Are there any people who have received items and have been satisfied? Are any of them active members or just obvious sock puppets?

And holy crap, you actually joined o_O /\

as to what you said, I'm pretty sure most of them are fairly active, anyone else know?

Rawr!!!!
Death to ML!!!!
Etc.

It's a bad approach, people respond to negativity with more negativity, you gotta go in, keep a level head, etc. Think attorney like, you know, compile all the facts and then release them to the general public, then see the worms crawl out from under their rocks.

I am not getting offended over nothing. It is just a little frustrating to be considered a less serious costumer due to my limited funds. It's hard to explain the longing I have to start my borg queen costume. Off topic though.

I am completely unaware who this user is. Can anyone link me to other forums of people who have been ripped off? Preferably ones with pictures. Are there any people who have received items and have been satisfied? Are any of them active members or just obvious sock puppets?

all the ones i know right off hand are active posters with good standings in the community.

heres my item.

photo-3-5.jpg

and the shipping box

photo-3-4.jpg

the box just barely fit the helmet inside even without packing materials.

It's more of a age-range issue. The RPF is ran and mostly occupied by mature people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. Most of these people have professional jobs, families, served in the military, fought wars, and some are, even, retired. This place is far from being a child-care center.

Cosplay.com, on the other hand, is occupied by a majority of Jr. High school, High School and College kids who spend too much time online, typing funny. I like Anime, but you will NEVER see me in an Anime forum, again.

I've seen some very good cosplayers from Cosplay.com, and I've seen some ****ty props from some RPFers, so the budget and quality isn't the issue. Who the members are, who runs what, and what the age-range is what separates both communities.

Ah i see, i tried to explain in the other forum, but heres good too,
i think there was a misunderstanding, i'm not saying people are more, or less serious costumers, though, the more serious one becomes, the higher priorities costuming takes, which means a bigger budget usually, there are exceptions however.
it's more to the point that in comparison to other costumes, most animated characters are low on detail, which makes them easier to make.

when i have done animated characters as costumes, because of the lower detail, i see them as more casual costumes, less over all work to build, less costs (which not necessarily a bad thing)
less stress involved in crafting them.
less stress means less serious in my book, so that was my bad in choice of words.

It's more of a age-range issue. The RPF is ran and mostly occupied by mature people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. Most of these people have professional jobs, families, served in the military, fought wars, and some are, even, retired. This place is far from being a child-care center.

Cosplay.com, on the other hand, is occupied by a majority of Jr. High school, High School and College kids who spend too much time online, typing funny. I like Anime, but you will NEVER see me in an Anime forum, again.

I've seen some very good cosplayers from Cosplay.com, and I've seen some ****ty props from some RPFers, so the budget and quality isn't the issue. Who the members are, who runs what, and what the age-range is what separates both communities.

That's a good way of putting it.

it doesnt matter how serious you are about propping or costuming, it matters that people spent money with the man for goods and services, didnt receive those goods or services, and are trying to finish out the business one way or another. toes have been stepped on here and at cosplay.com because of this, but its all because of the frustrations everyone is having. no one should be pointing guns at each other, we should be pointing them at the actual guilty party. im on cosplay.com every day checking out the new costumes people post up. i have absolutely no problem with any specific person or the community as a whole. i have a problem with being ripped off.

Darth Clayton, you might want to go back and re-word the original post on cosplay.com just as an act of good faith. some of them are being helpful, so we might as well return the respect so that it doesnt stray off course.

Well I didn't take any pictures because I thought I could trust the guy (my mistake and won't make it again) but here is a copy of the email he sent me on 7/16.. This is the last I heard from him..

RE: IM Helmet..‏

To sl_5804@hotmail.com
From:Anthony Le (anthony_q_le@hotmail.com) Sent:Fri 7/16/10 2:34 AM

A new helmet is being made, i saw more imperfections and getting it done asap. please send me your address again. also i need payment for the shipping.

To: anthony_q_le@hotmail.com
Subject: IM Helmet..
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:15:33 -0400

Anthony,

What's the status on my helmet?

Jeff

*jump on Bandwagon* I've had already banned him from Section Sixteen due to his behavior. I wont go into crass words but the man is not to be trusted on any level, and most of his work BTW is done by other people, not by him.

It is unfortunate that people have spent money on products that were sub par. After looking at the pictures of his costumes obviously a low quality helmet is not what you were expecting.
It is also unfortunate that essentially the only thing that can be done is to compile the evidence and warn others. I also think it would be a good idea for the people who have been ripped off to confront him with any transactions and emails printed out.
I kind of have a personal chip on my shoulder about these sorts of people so if you could get some more links together I can pass them around to the costuming communities I'm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back