Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The AIM theory is interesting, but you have to remember that AIM was something that (in the Marvel Cinematic Universe) Killian started in the 90s. So it's not like they were around long enough to have infiltrated HYDRA the way HYDRA had done with SHIELD.

It is an interesting thought though, and my mind also went straight to the comparison of how it looked like Garrett had just injected himself with Extremis. But that could also have been an effect of the new whatever-the-hell he injected into himself burning out the semi-Extremis engineered serum used for the Centipede program, which had a similar effect on Mike in the last act of the pilot.

That, and AIM wasn't really in the "covert" business. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if AIM was being funded by HYRDRA to run experiments. That would make more sense.

However, regardless of Ward's affiliation, the dude is still NOT in a position of redemption. Or, at least, that's how it would work in a world with some sense of logic and accountability. *shrugs* Just sayin'.

I think Garret probably learned about AIM through SHIELD and used it to try to save himself just as he was looking into Tahiti. Given the movie hint at the end of Winter Soldier, i think there are much larger issues at hand for the remnants of SHIELD and for the Avengers to deal with. When SHIELD fell in the comics, HAMMER came next so i wonder how or if that will be incorporated into the future Marvel universe. The acronym for Hammer was never revealed and some thought that it might bean offshoot of the Hydra agents as well.

That would integrate the Spiderman universe in, which I wonder if Whedon is hoping might happen if Sony gives up the license.

Sony won't do that. They've got plans that go too far with the Spidey side of the Marvel U as far as the film franchise goes.

Same thing with Fox.

I've been working on a spec script for an episode of AoS, and with what I'm wanting to happen in it, it's been an issue, as I want to reference both Spidey's existence and that of mutants, but due to their copyright holdings I literally have to figure out ways around then. Spidey reference is tougher, though regarding mutants I literally just need to go with what they've been doing on the show so far and use the term "gifted" (which, technically, Xavier did way back in the 1960s anyway).

But I agree that, once Extremis was revealed, Garrett would definitely have used his SHIELD/HYDRA connections to get his hands on those involved in efforts to save himself. Of course, that's assuming that IronMan3 and Winter Solder don't happen at basically the same time; their chronology hasn't been explained that well other than being post-Avengers (and, if they happened in tandem, that would explain why the PoTUS was able to get kidnapped and SHIELD did nothing to rescue him).

As for the H.A.M.M.E.R. idea, it's an interesting thought. Though, again because of the copyright holdings, they wouldn't be able to really do it. Osborn was integral in the creation of HAMMER, and that really only came about because the human/superhuman population had Skrulls placed as deep cover agents for decades before revealing their invasion plans. And Victoria Hand was also a part of HAMMER's formation at that point. They've killed off one character, can't mention another, and have yet to reveal a threat big enough to warrant creating a "replacement" for SHIELD that was basically the exact same thing, but with a different name...And, y'know, no post Civil War Tony Stark at the head of it... Still, the story could head that way in the future, but with the Marvel Cinematic U being still in it's toddler years, I doubt they'd jump that far where the existence of SHIELD is concerned.

Last edited:
Garret lied to Ward about his family.
Ward's Christmas Carol moment will come when he finds evidence that his family have been searching for him since he left prison.
He'll confront Garret who will shrug it off and say, "Don't you remember rule #1? Don't trust anyone ... especially me.... now get your ass back on the plane."

Later, at a critical moment, Ward will grab the Emperor Garret while he's zapping Luke Skywalker and flip to the good side.
Garret, in his dying breath, will say, "Now you're a man ... Hail Hydra!"

Ward willl spend the rest of the episode showing sheepish humility to everyone - especially to Skye, the alien.
Ward: "I told you I'm a bad man."
Skye: "You're not without hope." as she puts her arm around him.

Somewhere he'll be with Fitz sharing a bro-moment trying to restore his faith in humanity. (I'm guessing it will be shot from outside the "lab" looking inward with the both of them sitting on the floor. ) Alternate version has Fitz unshakable in his faith saying, "I always knew you were good inside." And Ward saying, "I'm glad one of us knew it."

Colson will tell him something like, "I have every reason to shoot you now ... but the truth is you're the only one with inside info on HYDRA. we really need your help. Trust is a priceless commodity ... from here on you're going to have to earn it."
Ward: "Understood, sir."
Colson: "Call me Phil... Now get your ass back on the plane."

fly off into the sunset.

but I stand by my belief that it'd be a lot stronger if he was unredeemable for the multitude of reasons I stated earlier. After this episode in thinking it's a 0.049% chance that'll happen.
The "your-parents-don't-like-you" schtick clinched it.

Last edited:
I've heard Disney/Marvel has made a road map of films and plots all the way to 2028 as of now. I have also read Disney is interested in working with both the Sony Spiderman Franchise and Fox's X-men. Disney has been told they may have a shot at Sony's holding after 2016, and Sony is hard at work trying to make the license worth more. As for Fox, it's Fox, you never just know how that may turn out. Although Disney having made that road map, I think they are posturing to go on without as well so should the opportunities arise, they have some room for playing in the negotiations.

Meanwhile, with Agent Carter now starting up, wow, what a great opportunity it is for expanding the SHIELD historical background out. Especially after the revelations of Winter Soldier. I am really looking forward to seeing how they fill out that portion of the universe.

As for Ward, The pieces are in place for redemption, I have this nagging feeling since the start he will turn one way or another, more towards the light I think.

I can't wait when Ward plays the lost puppy and gets one in the head and one in the chest. Done.

People can tweet all they want about it, but that's brutal justice for yah :D

Wouldn't it be great if they do all the 'redemption' stuff we have discussed here, it all happens, and then May just blows him away?
I had a thought that Joss and his folks monitor online blogs, vlogs and forums like this to see what people are predicting so that he can make plot reversals that catch most everyone off guard. Perhaps he has a number of plot tracks laid out and eliminates the ones that fans are posting as predictions.

Well, Garrett is a definite non-issue going forward. I loved how just as I was mid-groan about a "aw, come one" Coulson splattered him. My question is will Ward be in next season and how much? I guess that could be two questions.

I need season 2 right now!

Sky's parent?!

What's with all that weird writing? Some sort of Close Encounters memory implant from people who got an injection of that stuff?

More Deathlock please.

Director Coulson?!

WHAT'S UP WITH FITZ?!

I was very pleased with how that finale turned out.

The scenes with Fitz/Simmons were beautifully done. And while I'm not too keen that Ward is still around to eventually "redeem" himself *rolls eyes*, I'm glad he didn't get off with a slap on the wrist, so to speak. And I was about to call bull***t when Garrett got all suited up, but then Coulson totally made my day. :)

I'm wondering if, after the Marvel One-Shot "All Hail The King" revealing that there really is a Mandarin and Seven Rings, if maybe that's who Skye's father is?

Super excited for season two, now! Took a good while for the show to really find it's footing, but I believe they're right where they need to be now.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back