Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This was probably the best episode they've had yet. The acting, fx/budget all look much better. Director Coulson was great, he's almost a completely different person now with the responsibility and heaps of new knowledge he has to have been exposed to by becoming director. Absorbing Man is a great villain choice too. Super sad about Fitz though. It's funny, when the pilot aired, I couldn't stand Fitz/Simmons, but they've developed very well and are my favorite characters now

It might have been the blue alien corpse that they used to extract blood from in order to bring Coulson back.

I'm pretty sure it was.

- - - Updated - - -

This was probably the best episode they've had yet. The acting, fx/budget all look much better. Director Coulson was great, he's almost a completely different person now with the responsibility and heaps of new knowledge he has to have been exposed to by becoming director. Absorbing Man is a great villain choice too. Super sad about Fitz though. It's funny, when the pilot aired, I couldn't stand Fitz/Simmons, but they've developed very well and are my favorite characters now

Snap, the accents were terrible.

I'm more concerned about the fact that it appears to be a rifle with underslung launcher of some kind (albeit kinda modified), but is completely useless in combat scenarios due to having no secondary trigger for the underslung launcher and that the rifle portion has a COMPLETELY BLOCKED OFF BARREL.

Must be a training rifle.

Also, unless she's actively firing at that moment, her trigger discipline sucks.

It's apparently a taser.

It's apparently a taser.

Yeah, I caught that while watching the episode. Still, it's a bit Tacti-Cool for a taser. A standard taser or even a cattle prod would have been just as effective without killing the budget, and it would lend a more realistic vibe to the "we're on our own with no funding and no backup" storyline. After all, when you're in this kind of situation, you need to improvise. Breaking out the big guns, while likely necessary for the threat at hand, would be wasteful otherwise.

I liked the twist with Fitz. You start off saying, "Oh, he is a little messed up but not too bad. He'll bounce back." You get distracted by the action and then, WHAMO!
"Oh crap Fitz is out of his mind and gone around the bend!" :eek

I liked the twist with Fitz. You start off saying, "Oh, he is a little messed up but not too bad. He'll bounce back." You get distracted by the action and then, WHAMO!

I agree. It was a great subplot that was wonderfully directed, written, and portrayed. So much so that I didn't pick up on Simmons' total lack of being flustered around Triplett.

The only thing that I didn't think made sense was that it said she left because she thought he would be better off. It seemed out of character for her.

Guess she didn't take Phil's "We'd hate to lose you" lecture to heart. I can only imagine what her meeting with the show runners was like.

Producers: "Elizabeth, this season is going to be great for Simmons. We'll learn that she left Phil's team for reasons we're not going to film and her appearances will be reduced solely to benefit Fitz character growth because we love his character a lot more than yours. Trust us. When Voyager got rid of Neelix's likable and far more interesting girlfriend instead of Neelix himself, the show got immensely better ratings!"
Elizabeth: Isn't that because the show runners replaced her with that sexy lady who wore a skin tight outfit? I don't think the lack of Neelix having a girlfriend was a ratings factor.
Producers: Wait... Seven wasn't on the show from the start?

I'm wondering if she will be back before or after the hallucinations are cured. If she comes back while they are still happening I really hope the writers do not do something silly and have the hallucination tell him to kill the real one.

Guess she didn't take Phil's "We'd hate to lose you" lecture to heart. I can only imagine what her meeting with the show runners was like.

Producers: "Elizabeth, this season is going to be great for Simmons. We'll learn that she left Phil's team for reasons we're not going to film and her appearances will be reduced solely to benefit Fitz character growth because we love his character a lot more than yours. Trust us. When Voyager got rid of Neelix's likable and far more interesting girlfriend instead of Neelix himself, the show got immensely better ratings!"
Elizabeth: Isn't that because the show runners replaced her with that sexy lady who wore a skin tight outfit? I don't think the lack of Neelix having a girlfriend was a ratings factor.
Producers: Wait... Seven wasn't on the show from the start?

I totally read that hearing her voice in my head... :lol

You do realize their accents are real, right? Or do you just not like hearing those accents?

Exactly, the actor that plays Fitz (Iain deCastecker) is Scottish and the actress that plays Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) is English by Scottish and English I don't just by heritage but by birth, nationality, and citizenship so as Sellsa says, their accents are quite real and for that matter, are probably their real accents from where they were born and raised as opposed to a more generic English-BBC sort of accent that a lot of Brits use when acting.

Finally got around to seeing the season premiere over the weekend. SIGNIFICANT improvement over the pilot season, the episode was actually enjoyable to watch with minimal eye-rolling. The show just seems to have much better direction of where they want to take it and the tone, characters have more weight to them with the cast finally starting to find their respective roles, and thank goodness we're done with the Coulson lives mystery arc. Absorbing Man was actually a legit threat, unlike the other lame super-powered villains in S1. At its root AoS to me was about SHIELD chasing super-powered bad guys and Hydra, so I'm hoping they can keep this up all season.

Same here. I can see him actually going batsh!t supervillian. That would be an interesting twist.

They still need a military advisor though. An Air Force General with a beard? C'mon.

The quality of the shooting was better. They used better lots for the scenes (except for the Carter scene, looked like they quickly put that together) and it did not have the Disney back lot feel as well the interiors are more realistically shot with the lighting. Special effects have been improving throughout the series and that is evident as well with the season opener. The show is maturing quickly, now it is a question of how well the chemistry works out as the actors get more into their roles as they develop.
Picked up the first season to display with the other Marvel Blu-rays. Guardians comes out December 9th for the holidays.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back