Mad Max Furiosa

Mr Webber

Master Member
Production of this has been bubbling away in the background so thought it deserved a thread. Searched for an existing one but nothing came up.

Here is the third part of a series of update videos on the production so far. Witness.

I'm keeping my expectations firmly in check.

'Fury Road' dates back to the late 1990s & early 2000s in the creative sense. They had very extensive storyboards & production design work done way back then.

George Miller has creatively aged very well. But you're never quite the same person after such a long time.

1657048143315.png

Chris (Thor) on the set of Furiosa;)

I kinda feel like Fury Road already told Furiosa's story, but I really dig that movie, so what the hell. I'm game for more.
Yeah. its kinda hard to follow up on Theron's performance in the first movie you would think. I'm just excited to see an expansion of the incredible universe Miller created with Fury Road. Still scratching my head as to why you would make a follow up movie that is without Max, especially after all the litigation Miller went through with the studio after Fury Road. I can only assume he had a better and more complete story involving Furiosa.

There are two more update videos released from the creator including one just released 10 minutes ago from the time of this post for those interested.

Okay.....

That looks.... amazing.

I love Fury Road and it's balls out insane apocolyptic action. I'm not typically for more sequels, prequels, from long standing franchises because they often get boring, but something about the visuals and world building in George Miller's stuff just brings out the kid in me. Seriously this looks so fresh and distinct that a high voltage action with stunning cinematography is something to look forward to next summer.

I am in for this!

Count me in, too. Fury Road was the best thing I'd seen at the theater in the last decade, and though I'm not all that thrilled about seeing baby Immortan Joe and those characters, more insanity from Miller at Fury Road's scale is a real privilege.

1st trailer for George Miller's 'Fury Road' prequel just dropped...

'Fury Road', in my opinion, is an absolute cinematic masterpiece and in my top 5 movies of all time. So I'm praying that Miller can capture that same sweep, scale, raw energay and sheer adrenaline rush all over again. It certainly looks promising...

Looks great. I love the premise of a literal Odyssey.

George Miller proves it is possible to rebrand even the most masculine of franchises with a female protagonist if you only write the character with the same nuance and power.

Where other folks fail is when they don't bother to give more than your basic flawless "girl-boss" treatment. I'm talking to you, Disney. It's not sexist when fans demand more. This is what we are talking about.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back