M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Well there fainally starting roll out... Here is my preporduction M19 alum castings
Scopes%202_zpsg5jm0avp.jpg

Brass casting would make this too expensive,,, its possible but a 400 to 500 dollar replica would not be helpful LOL
trying to make a top notch product that will be affordable to the higher end builders... Please keep in touch the input is always welcome!!!

Wow - incredible!
Are they going all to be in Aluminium or in their original material (brass/ bronze?)

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, it is a good start to this project,, im glad the casting mold is working this well.. It casts ten at a time !!!!

Brass casting would make this too expensive,,, its possible but a 400 to 500 dollar replica would not be helpful LOL
trying to make a top notch product that will be affordable to the higher end builders... Please keep in touch the input is always welcome!!!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, it is a good start to this project,, im glad the casting mold is working this well.. It casts ten at a time !!!!

Thanks for the info - can't wait until they are ready! They look like amazing casts, very exciting.

Cool! Do you plan on making a non-working version too? Don't really need the optics, depending on price. Your M-38 scopes are right in budget for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Field Marshal -- If I missed it elsewhere in the topic threads, my apologies...

You're working on the M19s, and now the bolts. Do you also plan to make/offer the mounting bracket and/or bracket attachments (spacer and knurled knob for the Bespin, spacer and three-screw disc for the Hoth)?

Thanks.

A.J.

I will eventually get to that,, I do not have the specs on the other parts yet... I have been totally focused on the e11.. I am always looking for the proper dl44 so i can get some dimensions on those parts... If anyone has these screen accurate im very interested!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Aj if you made that chair , it looks great!!!

I will eventually get to that,, I do not have the specs on the other parts yet... I have been totally focused on the e11.. I am always looking for the proper dl44 so i can get some dimensions on those parts... If anyone has these screen accurate im very interested!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Aj if you made that chair , it looks great!!!

At the risk of topic hijacking, yeah, I did make the chair. Here's a shot of the chair under construction, using an original from the 1800s as my guide ---

Chair comparison lo-res.jpg

And the finished chair ---

Camp Chair Beauty Shot lo-res.jpg

I did the chair as one of the projects for my book "Civil War Woodworking, Volume II" and also as a project for Woodworker's Journal Magazine. Making period-authentic reproductions -- especially related to the Civil War -- is my thing. That's why I'm such a noob here. If it's wood I know exactly what I'm doing, but with metal and stuff related to movie props I know next to nothing, and that's why I ask so many dumb questions here.

A.J.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back