LOST- Charlie Pace acoustic guitar Stickers

gpalkaline

Hi All,
I would like to try to replicate Charlie pace guitar from LOST TV series, but I cannot find any information about make/model, but most importantly stickers
which are on the guitar.
I have tried to find something similar in google images but it is just impossible.
Is there any chance that one of you guys recognise any of those stickers ?
Those to on ther ight(as you can see) are quite well visible
Red Oval with K( thought it may be something from "KTM" but no luck there)
Secon Rectangle Black $ sign with "ZERO"
But those two on the left are impossible to find.
I spent hourrs on google images, ETSY and LOST fandom websites etc but no luck there.

Charlie Pace guitar.JPG

Not sure about the stickers, but the guitar he plays is an Ovation. The one he plays on the island, that is. The closest I could find in the Ovation line was an Ovation Legend 2077AX... It has the same pattern around the soundhole and the same dots on the fretboard.

Here is the original that was displayed at comic con one year…
DD120987-657A-4904-9383-950ACB07E232.jpeg

However, I’m not sure this is any help, as it is important to note that the guitar seen in your photo was from a flashback, and was a different model. It is a flat bottom guitar, with a Martin style headstock, as opposed to the rounded back and headstock on an Ovation.

If you or anybody can figure out this brand….
278791C1-A9FD-4970-86D8-0FC1C25360ED.png

As far as the stickers, the one on top is this…
E319183D-55AE-4CC7-84D7-BFAF5BC18FAD.jpeg

Perhaps an old Alvarez?
4FB76AC6-C3EA-4A61-87C3-64AB8286CC4F.jpeg

32AC8036-D3D1-450D-A7C0-C0EE1DEFBC15.png

But looking at the flat headstock and the size of the name on Charlie’s guitar, if it is Alvarez, it might be a prop department fabrication. The logo looks a little too small. They may have found an old cheap unknown brand guitar abs slapped the Alvarez logo on it.

Last edited:
Not sure about the stickers, but the guitar he plays is an Ovation. The one he plays on the island, that is. The closest I could find in the Ovation line was an Ovation Legend 2077AX... It has the same pattern around the soundhole and the same dots on the fretboard.

Here is the original that was displayed at comic con one year…

However, I’m not sure this is any help, as it is important to note that the guitar seen in your photo was from a flashback, and was a different model. It is a flat bottom guitar, with a Martin style headstock, as opposed to the rounded back and headstock on an Ovation.

If you or anybody can figure out this brand….

As far as the stickers, the one on top is this…

Hi, Thansk for that,
I am looking for the second guitar, the one he played in "London" rather the one he had on th island.
Although when I am checking your photo it is possible that his is older version of Ovation guitar. It looks like ther is something at the beginning of the name on th neck

PS. Even if I do not find exact guitar I can "fabricate" something from othe generic guitars, but these stickers are mystery to me.

Attachments

• ovation logo.JPG
    ovation logo.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hi, Thansk for that,
I am looking for the second guitar, the one he played in "London" rather the one he had on th island.
Although when I am checking your photo it is possible that his is older version of Ovation guitar. It looks like ther is something at the beginning of the name on th neck
I thought about that too, but the logo on his guitar doesn’t have the first letter go that high. So I am thinking it is the A in Alvarez. Also, ovation headstocks were never flat.

I am really leaning in the direction of this being a cheap no name 60’s or 70’s Japanese or Korean guitar.

You can see this type of headstock that they may have slapped a logo on. Plus, these old ones don’t have a truss rod cover, and neither did Charlie’s.
AA2FDDF8-0537-41BD-BE96-10B6D882FD5F.jpeg

Plus if you look at where the pick guard sits, most makers have the guard fit to the outer edge of the circle binding, but Charlie’s guitar overlaps the binding. These cheap makers did that all the time…
19316549-E72B-4323-8C35-FDE03E985878.jpeg

F6ED80EE-C940-42FC-B99C-45F4F01CB6C7.jpeg

Here is this make model number, if you want to search for it in a red color to research more…
82F7ABEF-A084-4CF3-8631-958FF4F431DF.jpeg

I am really leaning in the direction of this being a cheap no name 60’s or 70’s Japanese or Korean guitar.

You can see this type of headstock that they may have slapped a logo on. Plus, these old ones don’t have a truss rod cover, and neither did Charlie’s.
View attachment 1543221

Plus if you look at where the pick guard sits, most makers have the guard fit to the outer edge of the circle binding, but Charlie’s guitar overlaps the binding. These cheap makers did that all the time…
View attachment 1543219
View attachment 1543218

Here is this make model number, if you want to search for it in a red color to research more…
View attachment 1543220
Brilliant Job Mate.
I will definitely try to find something like this.
In1,5 month time Dominic Monaghan will be in Wales Comic Con, so I think I will aks him if he remembers anything about that guitar xD
THANKS once again

Brilliant Job Mate.
I will definitely try to find something like this.
In1,5 month time Dominic Monaghan will be in Wales Comic Con, so I think I will aks him if he remembers anything about that guitar xD
THANKS once again

Edit:
I have found Alvarez guitar which has similar head stock to the one in the TV series, although it has "more advanced" tuners.
I will keep digging
1644162016872.png

It may be a 1970’s Alvarez model 5023. It looks pretty close, just in a tobacco burst, or other burst color.
23244838-E5FC-48A0-B5DF-202D87CAF712.jpeg

You might have found this one already... the yellow sticker under Charlie's elbow looks like The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Are You Experienced?" album cover.
Hi ,
MAN THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!!
You are the BOSS.
Somehow I did not figure out that sticker on the guitar may be music related(don't ask me why)

That sticker at the bottom... does it look to you guys like "mushrooms" or to be more specific flybane mushroom. At the beginnig I thought it may be a "carousel" like in the fun park, but that's not it.

1644171685300.png

Last edited:
Here are some high-res photos of the 3 guitars (flashback, island, and island with an arrowhead through it) from the LOST Auction catalog.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Charlie Flashback Guitar.png
    Charlie Flashback Guitar.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • Charlie Island Guitar.png
    Charlie Island Guitar.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • Charlie Arrowhead Guitar.png
    Charlie Arrowhead Guitar.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 86

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back