Young Einstein Violin / Guitar

GeorgiaHyway

Finally making some head way on the violin / guitar from the movie "Young Einstein". As you all know? the props our characters use, have and are remembered by can really set off our cosplay and grab people's attention. I was "gifted" a salvage violin from Atlanta Violins and that's where this has all started.

I will say upfront that this prop is NOT 100% screen accurate and I have been building this instrument from movie stills and guesstimations but? I'm pretty sure it will get the point across. It's still a "work in process" with other parts being completed and attached this coming week. More pics coming as the build progresses.

Attachments

• Violin Work In Process.jpg
    Violin Work In Process.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 100
Finally making some head way on the violin / guitar from the movie "Young Einstein". As you all know? the props our characters use, have and are remembered by can really set off our cosplay and grab people's attention. I was "gifted" a salvage violin from Atlanta Violins and that's where this has all started.

I will say upfront that this prop is NOT 100% screen accurate and I have been building this instrument from movie stills and guesstimations but? I'm pretty sure it will get the point across. It's still a "work in process" with other parts being completed and attached this coming week. More pics coming as the build progresses.
I missed Dragon-Con 2023 but? my Young Einstein violin/electric guitar is almost complete. I will admit that it is NOT 100% screen accurate but? I'm pretty sure if you have seen the movie? this prop will get the point across. I am still looking for particular widgets and do-dads that can be added at a later date...it's been a labor of love.....and frustration.

Attachments

• Violin Prop.jpg
    Violin Prop.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 113
My Young Einstein prop is finally complete! Again it's not 100% screen accurate but? it adds to the character.

Attachments

• Violin Complete.jpg
    Violin Complete.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 67
What a fun and interesting piece from a film that seems to have been lost (perhaps for good reason LOL)
I do remember going to see it when i was young but don't recall much about it.

Nice work!

What a fun and interesting piece from a film that seems to have been lost (perhaps for good reason LOL)
I do remember going to see it when i was young but don't recall much about it.

Nice work!
The "fun" part was doing the research on the movie, the characters and the different props (I also made the glass of beer with bubbles but? it's not complete) I certainly hope that movie doesn't disappear or? is forgotten but? like you? a lot of people kinda remember it or? didn't see it at all.

Somehow, I always pic characters that no one else wants to build....I just don't build what everyone else is doing (if that makes sense?)

It is a shame that Mr. Greg Pead aka Yahoo Serious has fallen into obscurity.....I have tried every avenue to try and get in touch with him and get some guidance and instruction. Even his own website isn't up to date.

Thank you for taking time out and viewing my prop, it was a mixture of Cosplay and Cospain.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back