Leather wrap lightsaber hilt

nightwolf364

Hey guys,

I have a question about wrapping a lightsaber hilt in leather like a "tennis racket" grip. Any help you can give me would be appreciated: formulas, length-width, etc.

IMG_20150824_182250_954.jpg

its length I need wrapped is 4.616" and width is 1.295"

Thanks and have a great day!

Last edited:
There is a great amount of information on the larger Web about wrapping real-world sword hilts. There are many ways to do it.

Real leather can be soaked in water to become pliable and better mould itself to shapes but it will shrink and harden when it dries - more or less depending on how warm the water was. If you warm leather in water for too long it will shrink in area and become thicker and harder.

The usual adhesive for leather (and fake leather) is contact cement. You could also use fabric glue that is similar but maybe less smelly.

I know how I am going to do it Studio, I just need to make sure I have enough material to do it. I appreciate your advice, it is just the wrong type of wrap I am looking for.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back