Klingon Battlecruiser scratchbuild

This is what I'm going with, the red just didn't work out.

ri_ktinga54.jpg

WHAAATTT?!?!? Noooo1!!!!!!:cry Darn it, it's your model - I liked the toned down red, the previous pic was perfect :cry

I liked the toned down red too, it looked like the Qo'noS One scheme. Excellent work on this, it looks much bigger than it is.

Rich,
I'm with you on the change. The red was a little much. I could see why they added it to Q"onos One to make it look more "royal" , but for the run of the mill fleet, greens and greys are the way to go

I'm liking the current paint scheme. But instead of red accents behind the bridge like you have currently, I'd put the grey/green color there like what is on the "wings"

Once again, don't change a thing. I think this latest color scheme is great. The faded red striping is just enough to keep your eye moving around the surface, but not too bright.(y)thumbsup

Scott

Really, really amazing....I think it's just such a fantastic project and IMO really gives an artist like you an outlet to really show off your own creativity...
mike

Absolutely stunning work.

After looking at it for a while now, the only thing I would change (if it were mine) would be the bluish lighting - it seems to me like that would be a lot brighter and better lit than what you normally see in Klingon ships. The red bridge lighting looks perfect.

This is totally awesome. I'm hoping my kitbash/scratchbuild of the U.S.S. Cavalier [blatant plug] comes out as well.

I'm wondering what you did for the greeblies in items #1, 2, 3 and 4 as marked on this picture (see my previous post). There's a level of detail that says "kit part," not "scratchbuilt" - and yet - I wonder. Any hints?

This would look so great on film. I'd love to see it in a shot with a Federation shuttle docking with it so you could get a real sense of scale.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back