Klingon Battlecruiser scratchbuild

REL

Sr Member
This is something of my own design that I've been working on when I have the chance. I'm basically wanting to incorporate all the design features of the K'tinga as well as the D7 from the original series, but with a more sleek and tougher design. It's 1/350 scale and basically has the same proportions as the K'tinga.

It's just something I'm doing for my own amusement to keep me sane, it's a one off and isn't going to be a kit.

Thanks for looking.

ri_ktinga.jpg

ri_ktinga3.jpg

ri_ktinga4.jpg

ri_ktinga5.jpg

ri_ktinga6.jpg

ri_ktinga7.jpg

ri_ktinga8.jpg

I'm trying to keep the feel of the original D7/K'tinga, so it's upper structure looks sort of the same. Notice the gun emplacements on the top of the wing.

ri_ktinga9.jpg

ri_ktinga10.jpg

ri_ktinga11.jpg

I put some primer on the top superstructure.

ri_ktinga12.jpg

I know the design right now looks sort of Federation'ish, but I plan on adding hull plating and the nacelles will look pretty vicious.

I reworked the top structure a little, lengthened it and added more detail. It has two shuttlebay doors. I also removed the blended rear, straight wing and extended it to compensate.

ri_ktinga13.jpg

ri_ktinga14.jpg

ri_ktinga15.jpg

A little more on this, I'm working out the nacelles. I originally had in mind they would be longer, but it didn't look right on a Klingon ship so they were shortened. A few things might change, I'm not too happy with the greebles on the inboard side nose.

ri_ktinga26.jpg

ri_ktinga27.jpg

I'm doing some lighting tests on the nacelles. In my opinion most of the time the warp lighting is way too bright on the ships using LED for lighting so I'm varying the intensity of the LED's to see how it looks with the room lighting up, and in near darkness.

ri_ktinga28.jpg

ri_ktinga29.jpg

A little more on this, I'm working out the nacelles. I originally had in mind they would be longer, but it didn't look right on a Klingon ship so they were shortened. A few things might change, I'm not too happy with the greebles on the inboard side nose.

ri_ktinga26.jpg

ri_ktinga27.jpg

I agree, you"ll just have to start all over. Just send it to me and I"ll get rid of what you got so far.:rolleyes

Seriously, That is a FANTASTIC looking ship.:love:love:love
Would love to see your take on a redisgned Enterprise NCC-1701.

This is quite a design! I love how your work is always so clean and precise...how do you do it?????

This would have looked lovely as the Klingon Warbirds in the 2009 Star Trek flick...with more screen time of course!

Rich

Beautiful design. I can't wait to see it painted and lit. If you're going to be doing more like this, I vote for a BoP.

I also hope at some point you'll reconsider kitting it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back