Kick-Ass 2 (Post-release)

Yesterday afternoon my wife and I got a chance to see THE movie…. it Kicks ---!!!! (y)cool We drove 40miles to the theater, racing to get there by the 4:40pm showing, and although I don’t generally wear costumes in public (except Halloween) I did don my Big Daddy lid, and my wife borrowed our daughter’s Hit-Girl utility belt.:D On a side note, I got 2 large sodas; large popcorn and a Guinness: $14 plus $12 for both tickets! Not a bad price for such an awesome time. I got carded buying the Guinness, :lol funny thing is, I showed him my ID but never removed my cowl! There were only 3 other people in the theater, a dad with a 13 year old girl and a boy of maybe 8.:confused After the show we talked about it on the way to pick up my daughter and decided to take her to see it. My wife surprised me by saying “I’d go back tonight”. :cool So…we drove 40 miles back home, my daughter did a quick suit-up (no time for wig combing!;)), and we drove another 80 miles round trip to see the late show with her (she insisted on wearing her full costume the whole time even though it was over 80 deg F:love). Its’ the 1st time in my life I’ve ever seen a film in the theater twice in one day!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup (I could have watched it a 3rd time:D) and its’ a good thing the theater was cheap, because the gas for 160 miles in a V8 truck put a big dent in my wallet.:lol
On the film: It was better than I expected and hoped for.:) I made a conscious effort not to get my hopes up, or expect more than some cool action and funny lines. It delivered all that and a whole lot more! The Col was awesome and JC did a great job in the role.:) I loved Dave busting Marty out at the JF meeting! :lol Mother Russia was a bit over the top, but I can live with that (she’s got to earn that 50K a week; plus expenses ;) ). The movie had the “feel” of the 1st one but obviously they wanted to “out do” the action from the 1st film, (I went in expecting this) and they did. I really enjoyed Mindy dealing with the trials of High School peer pressure, and her “dance” routine.(y)cool There was more actual story than I thought there would be, and I loved it! CMP was stellar as The MFer,:devil I hope everyone stayed until after the credits ;):lol. We were only a block away from the theater driving home and my daughter asked when the 3rd one is coming out! :D
I finally got a good look at NB’s outfit; I can start picking up the missing components for my wife’s costume now! I’m thinking of building a replica SIC stick, and definitely the “Last Resorts”. This Halloween is going to be cool!(y)cool
attachment.php

attachment.php

When we stopped for gas on the way to the 2nd showing I put the JF on the back window of my truck. The whole way there she was trying to guess what it stood for! :lol After we left the theater I noticed she added her own graffiti. ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 031c.jpg
    031c.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 1,904
  • 029c.jpg
    029c.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 1,564
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 1,145
You are a great dad - I salute you, sir! :thumbsup
Yesterday afternoon my wife and I got a chance to see THE movie…. it Kicks ---!!!! (y)cool We drove 40miles to the theater, racing to get there by the 4:40pm showing, and although I don’t generally wear costumes in public (except Halloween) I did don my Big Daddy lid, and my wife borrowed our daughter’s Hit-Girl utility belt.:D On a side note, I got 2 large sodas; large popcorn and a Guinness: $14 plus $12 for both tickets! Not a bad price for such an awesome time. I got carded buying the Guinness, :lol funny thing is, I showed him my ID but never removed my cowl! There were only 3 other people in the theater, a dad with a 13 year old girl and a boy of maybe 8.:confused After the show we talked about it on the way to pick up my daughter and decided to take her to see it. My wife surprised me by saying “I’d go back tonight”. :cool So…we drove 40 miles back home, my daughter did a quick suit-up (no time for wig combing!;)), and we drove another 80 miles round trip to see the late show with her (she insisted on wearing her full costume the whole time even though it was over 80 deg F:love). Its’ the 1st time in my life I’ve ever seen a film in the theater twice in one day!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup (I could have watched it a 3rd time:D) and its’ a good thing the theater was cheap, because the gas for 160 miles in a V8 truck put a big dent in my wallet.:lol
On the film: It was better than I expected and hoped for.:) I made a conscious effort not to get my hopes up, or expect more than some cool action and funny lines. It delivered all that and a whole lot more! The Col was awesome and JC did a great job in the role.:) I loved Dave busting Marty out at the JF meeting! :lol Mother Russia was a bit over the top, but I can live with that (she’s got to earn that 50K a week; plus expenses ;) ). The movie had the “feel” of the 1st one but obviously they wanted to “out do” the action from the 1st film, (I went in expecting this) and they did. I really enjoyed Mindy dealing with the trials of High School peer pressure, and her “dance” routine.(y)cool There was more actual story than I thought there would be, and I loved it! CMP was stellar as The MFer,:devil I hope everyone stayed until after the credits ;):lol. We were only a block away from the theater driving home and my daughter asked when the 3rd one is coming out! :D
I finally got a good look at NB’s outfit; I can start picking up the missing components for my wife’s costume now! I’m thinking of building a replica SIC stick, and definitely the “Last Resorts”. This Halloween is going to be cool!(y)cool
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=225150&d=1377706823
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=225151&d=1377706835
When we stopped for gas on the way to the 2nd showing I put the JF on the back window of my truck. The whole way there she was trying to guess what it stood for! :lol After we left the theater I noticed she added her own graffiti. ;)
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=225152&d=1377706847

Awwwwww!!! That's such an adorable story BD! Where do I sign up to be an adopted Hit-Girl?! :lol Can't wait to see what you guys do with Night B*tch!

I went with a friend of mine for my second showing yesterday! No doubt won't be my last either (where's my complimentary dvd at this point?!)! :thumbsup I'll never forgive myself for missing out on seeing the first one in theaters.

:lol I discovered TNG 6 months ago (thanks to Orange Blend ;) ) and am 1/2 way through season 6, so I'm crazed on that too ;) :lol

Friday and Saturday my daughter and I sell at farmer's markets a few hours from home. Saturday she fell asleep in the truck after the market during the 4 hour drive (we start the day at 4:45am), I pulled up to an AMC theater, woke her up and said "if we hurry we can still make the 1:30pm show" she snapped awake instantly! :lol So that was my 3rd watch, I'll probably go again next week, can't seem to get enough of that story.
The NB vest is going to be tough, I found something similar online but it's leather, and has no zipper on the collar so it will need alot of modifying. Her boots have that ridiculous high heel on them :facepalm, I think we'll go with something more practical to allow a comfortable cosplay, and do some cool action shots without having my wife break an ankle! :lol

"I'll live forever, like an evil *****" that line busts me up everytime :lol :lol :lol
I haven't read any of the books yet, is the sequence KA, HG, KA2?

"I'll live forever, like an evil *****" that line busts me up everytime :lol :lol :lol
I haven't read any of the books yet, is the sequence KA, HG, KA2?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that line was pretty funny. :lol

The movie is a mix of the Hit-Girl comic (training Dave, dealing with fitting in at school) and the KA2 comic.

I saw this the other week and loved it. I never read the comics but was a big fan of the 1st movie and so I was glad to see the sequel be equally as awesome. I thought Chloe Moretz was great and was pleased to see her take on the trial and tribulations of High School.

My only real nitpick was the end fight. Hit-Girl mentioned that what they were doing wasn't a joke and that people would die. I would've liked to have seen someone, other than the baddies, bit the dust. I think it would've had a greater impact in that there were real consequences to their vigilantism; having being hit on both sides, family and friends. Also, I thought the end fight with Mother Russia was kinda weak and did a poor job in mimicking the end fight with the first movie. Throughout the two flicks Hit-Girl is portrayed as this bad ass little girl but can hardly put up a fight with Russia without resorting to the adrenaline.

In regards to Jim Carrey, I have no idea what he was bitching about. His character didn't even do anything all that violent compared with the rest of the movie. Hell, I thought his character was rather inspiring and would have loved to have seen more of a backstory with him. A spin off movie would've been great but I guess there's a fat chance of having him reprise his role. Ah well.

It was great to see Faison again, I've missed him since Scrubs. And I didn't realize that Night Bitch was Lindy Booth, aka Hawk from The Famous Jett Jackson. I had a bit of a crush on her growing up. :)

Oh, and Bigdaddy, I'll see your tailgate and raise you one of these reflective babies. ;):thumbsup :lol

IMG_2445.JPGIMG_2449.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to go see it yesterday, but Valdosta, Georgia didn't even have it listed as being shown at their theater. :(

I saw this the other week and loved it. I never read the comics but was a big fan of the 1st movie and so I was glad to see the sequel be equally as awesome. I thought Chloe Moretz was great and was pleased to see her take on the trial and tribulations of High School.

My only real nitpick was the end fight. Hit-Girl mentioned that what they were doing wasn't a joke and that people would die. I would've liked to have seen someone, other than the baddies, bit the dust. I think it would've had a greater impact in that there were real consequences to their vigilantism; having being hit on both sides, family and friends. Also, I thought the end fight with Mother Russia was kinda weak and did a poor job in mimicking the end fight with the first movie. Throughout the two flicks Hit-Girl is portrayed as this bad ass little girl but can hardly put up a fight with Russia without resorting to the adrenaline.

In regards to Jim Carrey, I have no idea what he was bitching about. His character didn't even do anything all that violent compared with the rest of the movie. Hell, I thought his character was rather inspiring and would have loved to have seen more of a backstory with him. A spin off movie would've been great but I guess there's a fat chance of having him reprise his role. Ah well.

It was great to see Faison again, I've missed him since Scrubs. And I didn't realize that Night Bitch was Lindy Booth, aka Hawk from The Famous Jett Jackson. I had a bit of a crush on her growing up. :)

Oh, and @Bigdaddy, I'll see your tailgate and raise you one of these reflective babies. ;):thumbsup :lol

View attachment 226600View attachment 226601

On the film: I agree with all those points :thumbsup
On the JF decal: OMFG! send me a pm and let me know how to acquire that! ;):thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
On the film: I agree with all those points :thumbsup
On the JF decal: OMFG! send me a pm and let me know how to acquire that! ;):thumbsup

^ Seconding this!! :thumbsup

Also you guys. Check this out:

Did you know that Big Daddy crossed paths with Colonel Stars and Stripes?

"He was only mentioned as "Sal" by Frank D'Amico's right-hand man Big Joe, who found his phone, and he was thought to have been killed during an assault by the vigilante Kick-Ass, although unbeknownst to his fellow gang members at the time, it was Big Daddy who carried out the assault. However, he survived, and at some point after this, he decided to turn away from a life of crime, and he became a born again Christian."

Mind ***king blown. WHY WAS THIS NOT IN THE MOVIE.

^ Seconding this!! :thumbsup

Also you guys. Check this out:

Did you know that Big Daddy crossed paths with Colonel Stars and Stripes?

"He was only mentioned as "Sal" by Frank D'Amico's right-hand man Big Joe, who found his phone, and he was thought to have been killed during an assault by the vigilante Kick-Ass, although unbeknownst to his fellow gang members at the time, it was Big Daddy who carried out the assault. However, he survived, and at some point after this, he decided to turn away from a life of crime, and he became a born again Christian."

Mind ***king blown. WHY WAS THIS NOT IN THE MOVIE.
I thought this at 1st as well, but in the 1st film Frank is shown Sal's phone, with a picture of BD, and told it was "Sal's phone, they found it in his hand, he must have taken that picture just before he died". I took this as confirmation that Sal in the 1st movie is dead and this is a different character. Is the theory of the "lone Sal" ;) confirmed in the books? I may have to start rewriting one of our films if so.

Last edited:

:thumbsup :lol

View attachment 226600View attachment 226601

I totally agree about Jim Carrey's Character and the popularity of the Colonel can support a spin-off.... But they need Jim to do it.
Also nice decal!

I thought this at 1st as well, but in the 1st film Frank is shown Sal's phone, with a picture of BD, and told it was "Sal's phone, they found it in his hand, he must have taken that picture just before he died". I took this as confirmation that Sal in the 1st movie is dead and this is a different character. Is the theory of the "lone Sal" ;) confirmed in the books? I may have to start rewriting one of our films if so.

There was a second Sal on the grassy Knoll.

Edit: A spin-off would be a great reason to have the Colonel and Big-Daddy back on the big screen. A flash back movie is the only way to bring those characters back to life.

Last edited:
Finally got around to seeing this, kinda knew it wasn't a good sign when my usual theater wasn't showing it at reasonable times :( I love the first Kick-Ass, partly because I went in without any expectations and the other part being it's actually a good movie. Now the sequel comes along, and man... the quality dropped off big time.

I went in with lowered expectations, having seen the RT score but not yet read a full review, but it was STILL disappointing. Quite literally NONE of the action scenes were on par with the first movie; HG van scene and Mother Russia offing a bunch of cops were close but no cigar. The violence also seemed held back compared to its predecessor. I never read the comics but this just seems like a rather boring progression of the first story, and to add insult to injury the pacing just felt rushed. A lot of the appeal from the first movie - characters you can relate with, humor, violent action, and an inspiring conclusion - were ALL missing in the sequel.

I'm still glad I saw the movie for the simple fact that I wanted to see where the characters went, but this isn't a movie I'd consider watching twice.

PS: X-Force fans better start worrying when Jeff Wadlow takes the helm.

Last edited:
Necro post....

Anyone looking to get this on BR when it comes out next week?

Loved the film. The best part of this and the first one is definitely Henry Jackman's score.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back