Kick-Ass 2 (Post-release)

Man was this a disappointing sequel. The cast was game but the script was lame. It seemed like they were making it up as they went along. It was either horrendously violent or boring as hell. I know HG using the sick stick on those girls was supposed to be funny, but everyone wanted to see her beat the snot out of them. And the whole high school queen bee nonsense is another entry for the "Things You're Tired of Seeing in Movies" thread. It's 20 years old. Hit Girl really stole the first film and using that character like this took half the fun out of the film. A stinker.

I saw this the other day and haven't been able to find much more about it:

Maybe Vivek can chime in, he always knows what's going on in the film world! :)
I'm pretty conflicted on the idea, Chloe and Cage nailed the roles, and had great on screen chemistry in the 1st film. Recasting HG with another young actress is very risky, I doubt they'll catch lightning in a bottle again. I think they'd do better to use the deleted scenes from KA that are between BD & HG as flashbacks during a KA3 film.
On another note: THEY ARE STEALING BACK THE IDEA I STOLE FROM THEM! :lol:lol:lol:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, but I wasn't aware of this. Though I guess it will be a while before the prequel happens and they will definitely end up recasting then.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back