Kick-Ass 2 (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Kick-Ass 2 movie discussion with spoilers.

Kick-Ass 2 Official Red Band Trailer #1 (2013) - Aaron Taylor-Johnson Movie HD - YouTube

Release Date: August 16, 2013

Synopsis: The costumed high-school hero Kick-Ass joins with a group of normal citizens who have been inspired to fight crime in costume. Meanwhile, the Red Mist plots an act of revenge that will affect everyone Kick-Ass knows.

Director: Jeff Wadlow
Writer: Jeff Wadlow, Mark Millar (comic book) & John Romita Jr. (comic)
Cast: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jim Carrey

IMDB: Kick-Ass 2 (2013) - IMDb

Amazon.com: Kick-Ass (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) Available at 50% off for $7.50

Kick-Ass: Creating the Comic, Making the Movie: Mark Millar, John Romita Jr, Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn: 9781848564091: Amazon.com: Books

Kick-Ass - Volume 1: Mark Millar, John Romita: 9780785184010: Amazon.com: Books

Kick-Ass 2: Mark Millar, John Romita: 9780785152460: Amazon.com: Books

Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl: Mark Millar, John Romita, Tom Palmer, Dean White: 9780785165972: Amazon.com: Books

Amazon.com: Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl (9780785165989): Mark Millar, John Romita: Books

Amazon.com: Kick-Ass 2 (Score - Deluxe Extended Edition): Music

Amazon.com: Kick Ass 2: Music

Amazon.com: NECA Kick Ass 2 - Series 1 - Kick Ass 7" Action Figure

Amazon.com: NECA Kick Ass 2 - Series 1 - Hit Girl 7" Action Figure

Amazon.com: NECA Kick Ass 2 - Series 1 - MF'ER 7" Action Figure

9517269504_cc6251beb1_c.jpg

Previous update:

First Official Image From Kick-Ass 2! | Superhero Hype
This is the first official photo, though lot of similar photos from the production shoot have already been online in the last few months.

kickass2_EW_photo.jpg

Attachments

• 9517269504_cc6251beb1_c.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 9517269504_cc6251beb1_c.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 113
  • kickass2_EW_photo.jpg
    kickass2_EW_photo.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 115
  • kickass2_EW_photo.jpg
    kickass2_EW_photo.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
It was the dog's idea so his buddies wouldn't recognize him and laugh at him. That soldier guy doesn't have much of a costume lol

It was the dog's idea so his buddies wouldn't recognize him and laugh at him. That soldier guy doesn't have much of a costume lol

Definitely not, just a Multicam uniform with a Multicam cape, mask, leather belt with what looks like Mauser ammo pouches. Pretty simple to do and fairly cheap too if you get a set of Chinese made Multicam knockoffs, the only problem will be finding some Multicam fabric that will match the uniform to make the cape with.

So what your saying is that studios/networks film in Canada, using Canadian cities & suburbs as stand ins for those found south of the border?! :confused Now that's a trip.

It's generally cheaper to film in Canada than it is to in the US, less so now since the US dollar has weakened so much but I think that subsidies and incentives still make a difference.

Where's the Night B***H? I need some reference shots for my wife's costume :). I imagine they'll be changing those signs in post. :lol

Hey thanks Riceball! I had a similar shot of her, but this is big and shows some good detail on the mask and gauntlets, definitely do-able! :thumbsup I'm going to have to do some research on the goggles, but this is going to be a cool costume to make :), she's going to be NB and Leeloo all in the same weekend :lol

So what your saying is that studios/networks film in Canada, using Canadian cities & suburbs as stand ins for those found south of the border?! :confused Now thats a trip.

Yep. Kept me employed for a good number of years. :thumbsup

Always fun to see familiar buildings in "New York". :lol

If it looks like Seattle it's Vancouver. Any Eastern metropolis is Toronto. Quite often Maritime films are Halifax or St. John's.

Some of the best in the biz live up here. Not to mention even with the dollar it's still cheaper to hire a Canadian crew and location than shoot on a backlot in California.

Yep. Kept me employed for a good number of years. :thumbsup

Always fun to see familiar buildings in "New York". :lol

If it looks like Seattle it's Vancouver. Any Eastern metropolis is Toronto. Quite often Maritime films are Halifax or St. John's.

Some of the best in the biz live up here. Not to mention even with the dollar it's still cheaper to hire a Canadian crew and location than shoot on a backlot in California.

Most, if not all of SyFy's shows were/are shot up in Canada including all of the Stargates and I think Eureka was and Warehouse 13 might be too. X-Files eventually moved up there by the end IIRC and I suspect that Fringe was filmed in Canada too with just a small crew to film some location shots in Boston & surrounding areas.

Last edited:
So what your saying is that studios/networks film in Canada, using Canadian cities & suburbs as stand ins for those found south of the border?! :confused Now thats a trip.
Scareb is correct, this has been common practice for decades. One big city looks pretty much like any other big city, so production companies film wherever it costs less or is less problematic for them.

For example, the Showtime series Dexter takes place in Miami, Florida, but the vast majority of the show is filmed here in southern California. They'll "dress the set" if necessary (i.e., hang fake signs and such), edit in a quick "establishing shot" (i.e., footage actually filmed in Miami), and most people don't know the difference when they watch the show.

BTW, yes, the guy in the military fatigues in the photo Vivek posted is Jim Carrey. His character's name is "Colonel Stars and Stripes". :rolleyes

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back