Kick-Ass 2 (Post-release)

I loved the film. Favorite scene is with Mother Russia in the neighborhood, watching the other two bad guys freak out and realize why she was getting paid so much more then them

Excellent entertaining movie :) More or less on par with the first despite riding its coattails in a way. Will definitely see it again, add it to my collection, and will wait for the inevitable Kick Ass 3

I recommend it!

Saw it and liked it just like the 1st one. Beginning was great with Kickass and Hitgirl with the gun.

(Spoilers!)

Is nobody going to mention that lawnmower scene?! My jaw hit the floor because holy *****.

Overall, to me, not as good as the first, but still entertaining! The vibe of it was just different. Wish Colonel Stars & Stripes had more screen time, he was a great character. It made me sad knowing he never got to meet Hit-Girl. I think that would have been a fantastic meeting. I was disappointed in the HG vs Mother Russia fight, since it didn't stay true to the comic. The glass imagery was cool, and there was definite artistry to it, but man, I was really hoping for that decapitation.

Don't know how the hell they're going to handle a 3rd movie after the credits scene. They should have just kept that piece true to the comic.

(Spoilers!)

Wish Colonel Stars & Stripes had more screen time, he was a great character. It made me sad knowing he never got to meet Hit-Girl. I think that would have been a fantastic meeting.

Totally agree but then I am biased.
Think the message about don't try to be a super hero, if you're an adult, continues to be clear in the Kickass world.
The two greatest supporting charaters Big Daddy and the Colonel get knocked off.

Totally agree but then I am biased.
Think the message about don't try to be a super hero, if you're an adult, continues to be clear in the Kickass world.
The two greatest supporting charaters Big Daddy and the Colonel get knocked off.

Definitely agree here. It was such a bummer to see the Colonel get knocked off after Big Daddy's terrible death. Still gets to me when I watch the first movie. Apparently the characters that could be/are a father figure are just wearing some sort of bright red "X" on them.

Also what in the world is with the changes they made to the beginning of the big fight scene?? A clip was released earlier on showing how the fight starts, and I loved it. It had Eisenhower getting everything started (which was so awesome), and they adapted Hit-Girl's "Avengers assemble, a$$hole." from the comics (just a little different wording). I thought the clip was much better than what we actually saw in the film.

I knew the Colonel wasn't going to make it out of the movie. On the DVD release they need to have the Colonel's Greatest Hits montage where its just him going to town.
Yes, I liked the ending that was leaked but I guess for the final cut they wanted you to think MotherRussia also killed the dog for the pure feeling of evil.

No I wasn't able to see the movie in costume. We were and are about 700 miles apart.

Hi folks, I haven't read anything in this thread because I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet and I'm trying to stay spoiler free (I already found out about the Col by accident :facepalm) I've got an issue to deal with and could use some input from those that have seen it. Obviously I want to see this ASAP ;) however I'm short on a sitter. I could go by myself (haven't done that in 25 years!), but my wife is also dying to see it and the closest theater is 40 miles one way! :facepalm Now my daughter (11) is begging me to take her. She had a Hit-girl birthday a few weeks ago (toys, cake, film cells, etc :lol ) and is a huge Chloe fan. Keep in mind she has seen a slightly edited version of the 1st movie several times. I know it's violent and full of swearing, but how heavy is the sexual content?

Two girls topless in a pool, a fully clothed pole dancer and a risky looking cheerleader workout.
The Colonel said watch the language.

Don't forget the bathroom sex scene. No nudity in it, but probably still too much for an eleven year old. Oh, and the (sort of) rape scene. I would say that it's not appropriate for that age. Just my opinion.

Sounds like it might be a bit heavier than the alley scene from the 1st one, maybe I'll have to wait for her to see this on DVD so I can have the skip button ready. :) Hopefully I'll be able to see it this week, thanks for the input! :thumbsup

You went in costume?

You bet I did! :D

1173715_10200547890519974_1726633117_n.jpg1170834_10200547892200016_1163225258_n.jpg

On the DVD release they need to have the Colonel's Greatest Hits montage where its just him going to town.

Ok, this needs to happen. Yep.

I got HG, MF and KA for my daughter but didn't see the Col at the store. He wasn't listed on the back of the package so I guess I better start hunting! :)
I'm hopefully going to see this tonight (if I can bribe my bro to babysit for me).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back