Jurassic Park Jeep

Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

Looks great. Makes me want to scour through the movie and see what else can be made.

I had no idea the JP jeep would be so popular. Yours looks awesome, boomer.

Heh, makes me want to add more stuff to my own Jeep! (not JP themed; it's a modern-day Hound from G1 Transformers.)

I got a pretty neat opportunity this summer. TellTale put out word that they were looking for a Jurassic Park Jeep, and I was one of the few who answered the call. After a few phone discussions we struck a deal. In exchange for enclosed, insured transport both ways, TellTale could have access to my Jeep for their booth at PAX!

I spent most of August sprucing up the Jeep so it looked "brand-new" for the Expo. Painted the wheels, installed new soft top hardware, new tires, new license plates, and a lot more. On August 19th I cleaned up the Jeep as best I could to get it ready for Seattle.

It was the best it looked for quite a while! I met up with the transport near my work, I was a little dismayed to see that the transport was not covered, but if I didn't let them take it then we would not be able to arrange proper transport to get to Seattle in time.

The following Thursday I flew out to Seattle arrived at the convention center to make sure the Jeep had made it. The Jeep had arrived earlier in the day, and a member of TellTale signed for it when taking the delivery. Unfortunately, the trip to Seattle was quite catastrophic and my paint job was toast. Here's what I saw during my walkaround.
9erp1l.jpg

zbc4fl.jpg

DH63dl.jpg

Op4fXl.jpg

gqadPl.jpg

Hardly ideal:(

But, that was when I got to see the booth for the first time. Absolutely INCREDIBLE! "Spared no expense," for sure!
298864_10150309662114609_501869608_7447265_5326118_n.jpg

304224_10150309661954609_501869608_7447262_5093005_n.jpg

320774_10150309662214609_501869608_7447266_6217981_n.jpg

One of my regrets is not getting a picture of the Jeep poking through that gate. Ah well.

i8Wo8.jpg

Great shot of Chaos Theory observing that "they" do in fact "move in herds."

310564_10150309662479609_501869608_7447269_4408714_n.jpg

See? Herds!

Soooo cool!
295799_10150309669314609_501869608_7447395_3116322_n.jpg

Great big, better view
DmhWY.jpg

Pretty interesting week. Looks like everyone that saw the booth thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler - Seattle Trip and JP: The Game!

Jeez i'm so freaking jealous of you. What's worse was that there was a running Jeep for sale down here for $1500. Damn my responsibilities!

That looks great! Overall cool display and the Jeep made it even better.

It was a neat chance, for sure, but the costs I'm facing to get the Jeep back to the state it was in before I handed it over made the entire ordeal anything but worthwhile.

So they didn't insure it? Or the fact that their guy signed for it caused the insurance to not pay?

I'm disappointed in Telltale for not picking up the tab to fix it if insurance won't...

I'm glad they got a Jeep but sad it was not treated respectfully in transit.
I'd be interested to see if TellTale will pick up the repair tab or if it wasn't in the agreement.

Glad I didn't send mine....but it would have been impossible to with work and cost.

I'd be interested to see if TellTale will pick up the repair tab or if it wasn't in the agreement.

Things are probably going to get messy there. They've been brushing me off for a month now, and they are the ones who signed the Bill of Lading when the Jeep arrived without inspecting for damage.

Re: Jurassic Park Jeep - Now with involuntary dino damage :-/

Don't give up. That's bull$hit!! Am I right in understanding they didn't even pay you to rent the jeep, just payed for transporting it? And now they don't want to fix the damage? They should be bending over backwards and apologizing.

Don't give up. That's bull$hit!! Am I right in understanding they didn't even pay you to rent the jeep, just payed for transporting it? And now they don't want to fix the damage? They should be bending over backwards and apologizing.

That's exactly right. My conditions were covered, insured transport, airfare, hotel, three con passes, and per diem. They covered all but the last two, but I wasn't butthurt about it. I didn't even order room service or charge anything extra to the account.

That's exactly right. My conditions were covered, insured transport, airfare, hotel, three con passes, and per diem. They covered all but the last two, but I wasn't butthurt about it. I didn't even order room service or charge anything extra to the account.
Get quotes to repair the damage and send it to them (return receipt requested). If you hear nothing in a set period of time (not sure if 30 days will be too much) then send it again noting 'overdue'.

If it wasn't in the agreement that any damages would be covered or 'taken care of' by TellTale then you may be out of luck.
Insured transport is one thing but as they signed for it with the damage then the insured transport portion will not cover it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back