Jurassic Park Jeep

Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

I don't mean to hijack Boomer's thread, but I wanted to show off the project I've been working on over the summer. Boomerjinks jeep is what inspired me to convert my YJ.

I originally wanted to to a screen accurate Jeep, but that shifted to me doing a more custom job to my liking. It's not as pretty as some other JP Jeeps, but I love it.

JPJeep001-Copy.jpg

JPJeep004-Copy.jpg

002-Copy.jpg

So when I first built started my Jeep and posted in on SA, practically the whole internet went freaking nuts. In the original SA thread I was contacted by a fellow named Ben Garbe, who had recently won a nerd rap talent contest on another part of SA. His song was about a rapping, time traveling, down-on-his-luck dinosauar scientist - and it was ******* BRILLIANT. This song immediately went on my first Jeep mix and it's been a prominent fixture ever since. We play that song at least once whenever we're out and about Jeeping around. Anyway, Ben contacts me and asks if I'd ever let him use the Jeep in a music video. For anyone who owns a replica car, this -along with fanfilms- is a fairly common request that usually doesn't go anywhere. The guy making the video or film lives too far away or never follows up on things, anyway that's how it usually goes. So I say "absolutely" and I don't hear from him for a few months. Suddenly in fall of 2008, Ben calls me up and says he is touring with MC Frontalot and will be in Colorado Springs in November, and he'll be visiting family in Castle Rock. He tells me that he is bringing some camera equipment and would like to shoot pickups with the Jeep. I happily oblige and wait for his arrival.

I don't remember exactly when the shoot was, I'm pretty sure it was the first week of November though. We took the Jeep out to the foothills and around some very large open spaces without buildings near the Denver Tech Center. The grass was all brown, but we got some pretty good shots, especially out at Chatfield Reservoir. I tell ya, wearing that dinosaur head while driving 30-40mph through a field filled with natural gas access pipes was terrifying, but fun as hell!

Anyway, Ben took off and filmed additional scenes back in his hometown of Chicago, using a DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine to complete the picture. The end result has taken two years to produce, but it's finally done and it is AWESOME!

Check it out, and please please send to your buddies on facebook or youtube or wherever. We adore this song and Ben is a great guy, please show him some love!
YouTube - Former Fat Boys - I'M A DINOSAURus (Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Music Video)
CAREFUL: Lyrics are NSFW

Last edited:

Nah, the only direction I'd ever take the jeep in for a road trip would be west. I would LOVE to take it up the PCH, but I haven't yet decided if the 30 hours spent driving through Nevada and Utah round trip would be worth it, blegh!

Apparently, you've never really driven through Utah. There aren't five national parks in Utah for nothin'. From I-15 or western I-80, I can understand but Utah is no Eastern Wyoming or Nebraska! Head up to Flaming Gorge, the High Uintas, down to Lake Powell, Moab, Zion's, Bryce, Escalante, Canyonlands, Park City, any ski resort, and countless valleys and mountains throughout the state. As Dan Akroyd put it so well in Spies Like Us, "We mock what we don't understand."

Last edited:

Apparently, you've never really driven through Utah. There aren't five national parks in Utah for nothin'. From I-15 or western I-80, I can understand but Utah is no Eastern Wyoming or Nebraska! Head up to Flaming Gorge, the High Uintas, down to Lake Powell, Moab, Zion's, Bryce, Escalante, Canyonlands, Park City, any ski resort, and countless valleys and mountains throughout the state. As Dan Akroyd put it so well in Spies Like Us, "We mock what we don't understand."

haha, don't get me wrong, Utah and Nevada are quite scenic, I was merely referring to driving through the desert in a vehicle without air conditioning or cruise control for 30 hours, with a top speed of 70mph....

I have a full Ultimate Southwest Road Trip plan somewhere, including Goblin Valley, the Nevada Test Site, Meteor Crater, Hill AFB, Bonneville, and the Very Large Array!

Ordered a set of new, much-larger, BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/As from a re-treading company in South Dakota (TreadWright). Same wording, brand new tread, at slightly less than half the price of what is essentially the most expensive off-the-shelf off road tire there is (spared no expense).

I got three All-Terrain T/As and also this.
v9vMw.jpg

I AM DISAPPOINT.

I'm on the cusp of getting one...now I just need him to take my offer.

pics068.jpg

FYI this appears to have gone from AZ to SoCal and is now here in Oklahoma (mine)

I say that because a) its almost identical to mine and b) the backdrop I believe is the same as the historical photo's I got from the seller.
I'll have to check my history report to see but I don't recall it being registered in AZ.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back