Jurassic Park Cryocan scam???

Just an update.... I was one of the idiots that actually paid for one. After get a couple different tracking numbers and the ubiquitous item has been shipped please wait 30days type emails I disputed it with my CC and got the money back. My "order" was placed July 14th and had my money back by July 30th. Today August 14th to my shock I had a package in my mail box that I didn't remember ordering. Opened it up to find the Barbasol can inside. The can looked nice but the inside was a bit lower quality that the photos. It passes the 10 ft camera test. But, it is not anything but a fun toy to dazzle the nephews and nieces. Now I'm conflicted as I got my money back but also got a low quality item from them.... Should I pay or just call it good.
IMG_20230814_175716.jpg
IMG_20230814_175734.jpg

Just an update.... I was one of the idiots that actually paid for one. After get a couple different tracking numbers and the ubiquitous item has been shipped please wait 30days type emails I disputed it with my CC and got the money back. My "order" was placed July 14th and had my money back by July 30th. Today August 14th to my shock I had a package in my mail box that I didn't remember ordering. Opened it up to find the Barbasol can inside. The can looked nice but the inside was a bit lower quality that the photos. It passes the 10 ft camera test. But, it is not anything but a fun toy to dazzle the nephews and nieces. Now I'm conflicted as I got my money back but also got a low quality item from them.... Should I pay or just call it good.View attachment 1728865View attachment 1728866
That is surprisingly decent.

Just an update.... I was one of the idiots that actually paid for one. After get a couple different tracking numbers and the ubiquitous item has been shipped please wait 30days type emails I disputed it with my CC and got the money back. My "order" was placed July 14th and had my money back by July 30th. Today August 14th to my shock I had a package in my mail box that I didn't remember ordering. Opened it up to find the Barbasol can inside. The can looked nice but the inside was a bit lower quality that the photos. It passes the 10 ft camera test. But, it is not anything but a fun toy to dazzle the nephews and nieces. Now I'm conflicted as I got my money back but also got a low quality item from them.... Should I pay or just call it good.View attachment 1728865View attachment 1728866
What’s the internal mechanism made of? Injection moulded plastic? 3d printed? Metal?
The can looks like the standard “secret stash” can that you can buy off Amazon or AliExpress for cheap.

What’s the internal mechanism made of? Injection moulded plastic? 3d printed? Metal?
The can looks like the standard “secret stash” can that you can buy off Amazon or AliExpress for cheap.
I think you’re dead on about the stash can. Looks exactly like the barbasol ones on Ali with the Jurassic park internals glued to the bottom part that pops out.

Attachments

• IMG_2757.png
    IMG_2757.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
No its different, look at the number of lines intersecting "beard buster" , and where "original" intersects the stripes
Yeah, you're right. I have one of the stash cans and mine is pretty much identical to the one in the Aliexpress listing, while the one in SimonofTexas image is distinctly different.
The capital B in"Barbasol" is another big difference, it's positioned much further to the left.
The stash can is actually pretty close to the actual can (ignoring the white button and silver top of can, which is easy to paint)
Simon's looks to be even more inaccurate.
Given the price it does look halfway decent. However, there's a massive difference between what Simon is showing us and what WayneTech received on the previous page, so the whole thing still feels kinda weird and shady.

Barbasol.JPG

Hello all, just giving more update to what people seem to be getting. Firstly, the item is a cheap Chinese drop ship knock off using the Aliexpress stash can. The base of the cryo containment is heavy and probably made with cheap recycled soda can aluminum. The rings and the piece that is supposed to screw into something are def. Plastic. And none of the tubes are filled nor labeled. I completely forgot I ordered this thing aside from checking this post after a couple months post fb ordering when I saw the ad.

The tube rattle around, are not secure, it does not screw in, and there was a spit glue shortage thst that day because my base wasn't glued to the cryo cannister. I will check back to answer any other questions in few days.

Tldr: cheap Chinese dropship that is meh for the price and absolutely not worth the wait.

EDIT 1: I Have contacted PayPal to get a refund issued as this is not at all what was advertised on the website.

Attachments

• 16921360513248351612991918986055.jpg
    16921360513248351612991918986055.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • 16921361079137070592130068981441.jpg
    16921361079137070592130068981441.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 112
  • 16921361901768177018949940068274.jpg
    16921361901768177018949940068274.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hello all, just giving more update to what people seem to be getting. Firstly, the item is a cheap Chinese drop ship knock off using the Aliexpress stash can. The base of the cryo containment is heavy and probably made with cheap recycled soda can aluminum. The rings and the piece that is supposed to screw into something are def. Plastic. And none of the tubes are filled nor labeled. I completely forgot I ordered this thing aside from checking this post after a couple months post fb ordering when I saw the ad.

The tube rattle around, are not secure, it does not screw in, and there was a spit glue shortage thst that day because my base wasn't glued to the cryo cannister. I will check back to answer any other questions in few days.

Tldr: cheap Chinese dropship that is meh for the price and absolutely not worth the wait.

EDIT 1: I Have contacted PayPal to get a refund issued as this is not at all what was advertised on the website.
Not meaning to cast aspersions but another new member who joined 45 minutes ago to post this review does seem a little … strange.
What we’re being shown in these pics is actually a pretty solid if cheap and basic replica. It’s not up to the standard of Paragon but for the price it’s as good as or better than the plastic ones that the studio sold a few years ago.
The slightly deprecating “it’s good but not great, going to ask for a refund, here’s pics ” posts from new accounts make me a little skeptical. Especially when the pics seemed designed to make you go “hey, that ain’t bad after all, maybe I’ll take a crack”. Wouldn’t take much for a dodgy seller to make a couple of hero props for photos, post some fake reviews on a site like this and drum up a little more business.
I freely apologise if my suspicions are unfounded and the posters are legit, but the whole thing feels more and more suss to me.

Not meaning to cast aspersions but another new member who joined 45 minutes ago to post this review does seem a little … strange.
What we’re being shown in these pics is actually a pretty solid if cheap and basic replica. It’s not up to the standard of Paragon but for the price it’s as good as or better than the plastic ones that the studio sold a few years ago.
The slightly deprecating “it’s good but not great, going to ask for a refund, here’s pics ” posts from new accounts make me a little skeptical. Especially when the pics seemed designed to make you go “hey, that ain’t bad after all, maybe I’ll take a crack”. Wouldn’t take much for a dodgy seller to make a couple of hero props for photos, post some fake reviews on a site like this and drum up a little more business.
I freely apologise if my suspicions are unfounded and the posters are legit, but the whole thing feels more and more suss to me.
I hear you brother, against better judgment I put my can next to my pulled pork sammich

Attachments

• 1692139278677428105843463262952.jpg
    1692139278677428105843463262952.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
I hear you brother, against better judgment I put my can next to my pulled pork sammich
C’mon man. That pulled pork sandwich isn’t even close to accurate. The pattern of toasting on the bun is a different shade of brown to the Hero prop and is that even pork? Looks like chicken that’s been painted to look like pork! Way too many alarm bells on this!!!
Just kidding
Thanks for responding and sending more pics. No offence meant with the previous post.

C’mon man. That pulled pork sandwich isn’t even close to accurate. The pattern of toasting on the bun is a different shade of brown to the Hero prop and is that even pork? Looks like chicken that’s been painted to look like pork! Way too many alarm bells on this!!!
Just kidding
Thanks for responding and sending more pics. No offence meant with the previous post.
Listen I got my pork the same place I got this prop. Here are pictures or the pig prior to butchery

Attachments

• il_794xN.3720494374_390w.jpg
    il_794xN.3720494374_390w.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 72
So I am surprised to say I received mine as well. After bouncing back and forth oddly between shipping partners, it showed up in the mail yesterday. I was disappointed with the way it was packaged, and the outer can was a bit banged up. The bottom was also bent. The inner piece that holds the vials has some heft to it. I ripped the bottom off and might opt to pick up the Barbasol diversion safe off Amazon, so I can get a not bent version. The seller did contact me, saying they saw it was delivered. They offered a 5% refund, if I am willing to close the PayPal dispute.

IMG_2215.jpegIMG_2214.jpeg

What’s with all the people receiving this prop, being new here and this is their first comments.
Because like others we found this forum thread while waiting a long time for our cans, and got curiousof it was legit or not. It seems a bunch of people are getting their orders. You are welcome for the traffic and posts to help deduce that this was a knockoff dropshop 100%

Ok so a quick recap:

Ordered
Canceled my order (PayPal give me my money back)
Had a package shipped after canceling
Package said delivered but wasn't
Contacted them and they reshipped
Package arrived today!

Here is what it got:
PXL_20230824_023521948.jpg
PXL_20230824_023514477.jpg
PXL_20230824_023506771.jpg
PXL_20230824_023457924.jpg
PXL_20230824_023600834.jpg
PXL_20230824_023529694.jpg

As you can see it made of plastic and not even close to the original size hahaha. At least it was free and I got some free viles. The seem to be the correct size.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back