Iron Man MkIII suit animatronics

Gauntlet is done! Here's a test video- Iron Man animatronic gauntlet test - YouTube

If you watch the missile at the very beginning you can see it is retracted into the pod. I was using my servo tester so everything is moving at the same time. On the final version the sides will drop down first, then the pod will move up/back and then the missile will extend out from the pod.

You sir are a crafty individual with sick mad skills. Just had the pleasure of viewing a few of your vids. Man i would love to learn those. No i have to. Absolutely awesome work my friend...GM

You man
Are the man !
When done do you think you could post a list of parts and schematics
For us all

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Yes I will be posting a complete build tutorial with parts list, wiring diagrams, code, build photos, drawings, etc. It's going to take me a while to do due to my workload but it will be posted after the suit is finished- it's a complex build and will require a fair bit of explanation in order for someone to duplicate it.

The mechanics and electrical work is almost finished and the suit's owner has some parts at the painter. After everything is painted we will need to fit everything, make adjustments, check wiring, etc. to make sure the suit is ready for the opening of IM3 so it'll probably be another month before the tutorial is written. Right now we need to focus on finishing the suit and making sure everything is right.

For those interested I will also have a separate helmet tutorial that shows how to motorize your helmet. This will be different from the wireless helmet in Greg's suit. It will show how to have a simple push button system that opens the helmet faceplate and chin section.

For now I'll just keep posting pics/video as we move forward- one month to go! :D

For those who are interested in doing a build like this, Its been a year in the making . Jerome has spent months literally designing the build and rebuilding. The space is limited so he's had to be creative with what he has. The one agreement we had since day one is that this build was going to help all around us. He insisted that the RPF family would receive the knowledge to help further their builds. So this isn't amI'm taking my ball and im not going to share ironman. The end will amaze you, but in time there gonna be a better one. Also Coofunkcurly and finhead thank you for your awesome kit you'll be proud of the end results Thank you Jerome for all you've done.

Greg just sent a pic of the painted helmet- beautiful!

IMhelmetPainted_zpsee9afc83.jpg

Looking really nice guys, It'll be nice to see another one of my suits all done up. Specifically this one with all the animatronics. ;)

Clinton, it really is a beautiful suit- the shape on the helmet is just perfect and the suit fit for Greg looks great. I also figured out a new opening mechanism for the helmet that is much simpler and takes up less space. :)

Looking forward to seeing that helmet! I've been struggling with how I'm going to attempt hinges to the point that I almost decided to forget about it

Looking forward to seeing that helmet! I've been struggling with how I'm going to attempt hinges to the point that I almost decided to forget about it

I know a lot of people have had helmet hinge troubles. The system I've come up with is super simple in design but a bit of work to make due to the soldering involved. I'll have the helmet tutorial up before the full costume tutorial.

Once it's done I will be posting a complete tutorial with all source code, schematics, parts listing, etc. I make my own PCBs but I get most of my electronic parts from Sparkfun and Adafruit. I usually buy servos from Servocity. All of these companies have excellent service and support.

legend!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back