Iron Man Mark VI Build........Yep another one! (Iron man walks the mall, Pics added!)

Re: Iron Man Mark VI Build........Yep another one!

Ah okay, thanks. I'm actually planning on going there to see if I can find some of the EVA foam people are using. I'd like to try a combination of the EVA and resin fiberglass. I like the look and feel of the resin parts, but the EVA is just so easy to work with. Either with predesigned parts from pepakura or even just free hand designing.

My shopping trips have yielded some good info! It looks like both Lowes and Home Depot carry the same brand of resin, fiberglass cloth, and bondo that you have for the same price. And Lowes carries four sheets of 2' x 2' 1/2 inch thick EVA foam for $19!

Well I have been really busy the past few weeks, I got sick and its been raining a lot. But i was able to do some sanding and dremel work on some of the pieces, nothing pic worthy.

I did find some new to me hands from Zabana and got one scaled and put together. Thanks a lot Zabana!!

2012-02-20_00-02-39_242.jpg

2012-02-20_00-02-18_966.jpg

It fits nicely! Just have to scale the fingers then build the other hand =) Ill post more when i get it done!

Nice work on Zabana's hands.. they look good but are a pain to pep.. I know since I am making those hands aswell

Nice work on Zabana's hands.. they look good but are a pain to pep.. I know since I am making those hands aswell

Yes they are :lol, I am putting up a video tutorial soon on how to finish them, for anyone peping these bad boys. Nice work on the pep job(y)thumbsup

Yes they are :lol, I am putting up a video tutorial soon on how to finish them, for anyone peping these bad boys. Nice work on the pep job(y)thumbsup

Thanks man! And I know that video will help a lot of people out. I spent a lot of time just figuring out how the pieces went. I normally have to pep things twice. First time to figure it out then again to make it nice and neat and the right size. Ill most likely pep that hand again, there are a few things I dont like about it.

Again, Thanks everyone for all the compliments and comments!

That is true and it was a pain to pep. Ill see how the other hand goes, if its way better then the first one ill have to redo it. Thats just the kind of person I am lol

With the helmet, you can make the back portion move up into the helmet if you keep the pep separate on the build so it's easier to get in and out of the helmet. It's not really designed to be slipped on too easily. I think the helmet is the hardest part of the build, even harder then building an arc reactor for the chest.

With the helmet, you can make the back portion move up into the helmet

Like with a motor? I was just going to cut it out after bondoing and use earth magnets to hold it in place.

Fantastic Work MTB! you got me all psyched up to complete my own Iron Man build - I appreciate how you included work progressing photo's as well as an example of the type of bondo/ fiber glassing materials that you are using - definitely starting a thread like this one once I finish my Halo Armor ~ Good Luck on your Completion

Fantastic Work MTB! you got me all psyched up to complete my own Iron Man build - I appreciate how you included work progressing photo's as well as an example of the type of bondo/ fiber glassing materials that you are using - definitely starting a thread like this one once I finish my Halo Armor ~ Good Luck on your Completion

Thanks Nite! Good luck with yours too!

Got the other hand done! I also sanded all the other parts and dremeled all of the insides so they wont poke me =) Im hoping to start the bondo next week. Ill post pics when i do.

View attachment 85094

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

nice work on the hands.

Thanks man!

Ok, I havent done much just been really busy with other things lately. I was able to fiberglass a few more pieces and I used the heat gun and fixed a few pieces that had warped but other than that nothing much. I was able to do a test fit of all the pieces i have done. Im really happy on the scaling and how everything is coming together. Please let me know what you all think! Nothing is connected together so some pieces were falling down but you can see how everything fits together.

2012-03-01_19-49-45_151.jpg

I love the stupid look on my face lol!

2012-03-01_19-52-27_315.jpg

My wife in the background pretending she doesnt know me. She keeps saying that she isn't going anywhere with me when I'm wearing this when its done. Little does she know, I'm wearing this thing every where!!! Ill just hide it in the car (I have a 4runner) and change into it when she is already in the stores!

2012-03-01_19-54-52_376.jpg

Thanks for looking, Im open to any feedback! I want this to look as good as I can make it.

I plan to wear mine everywhere too bahaha... Awesome build it's really coming together!

Thanks man! I'm going to have so much fun buying milk in it! Hahaha my wife is going to get so embarrassed its going to be great!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back