Inspector Gadget Costume - Halloween 2010

azknight, speaking as a Gadget fan since childhood, you are a ****ing genius. That Top-Secret Gadget Phone is bloody well done, mate :)

Probably a bit..."ambitious" but he did have one holding an umbrella if I remember right,what else?

*thinks hard*

Well I can recall these two:

Flashlight.
Squirting flower.

And he had a helicopter blade stored in there too.....

Heilcopter hat, water/regular ski boots/shoes

Thanks again for the compliments and ideas everyone!

I gave the thrift store coat a good wash and my wife finished up sewing on the new white buttons I ordered. I'm very happy with the end result. The white buttons and slightly darker belt really ended up being pretty darn close to the cartoon Gadget version:

coatbeforeandafter.png

Go go gadget big goofy grin!

Thats awesome. I'll echo the suggestion about maybe getting an inflatable life preserver to allow you to inflate the jacket. Might only work once..but itd look cool

precisionk, I'd suggest mocking up some leg springs and wearing them over your socks, from the top of your shoe upwards....that way anyone who gets a glimpse of leg will see a spring leg :)

Yeah, I actually had the same idea precisionk and RobWolf. I'm going to see what options I have at a local home improvement store. I thought about perhaps rolling up my pant legs just a tad, so that the "springs" showed as I walked around.

Yeah, I actually had the same idea precisionk and RobWolf. I'm going to see what options I have at a local home improvement store. I thought about perhaps rolling up my pant legs just a tad, so that the "springs" showed as I walked around.

maybe get the pants a bit short ala flood pants

Time for some updates! I've been spending some time working on my car and have neglected my Gadget project...tisk, tisk. I did manage to get some work done on Gadget this weekend though!

I've continued work on the right Gadget glove and included two more items along with the existing flashlight/laser/uv light combo. I added two momentary push-button switches to control the police light and siren in the in-progress Gadget hat. I'm going to finish off the right Gadget glove with a bottle opener in the thumb...because every good party host needs a bottle opener built into their Gadget costume! :p

Right Gadget glove in-progress:
rtglove2.jpg

rtglove1.jpg

In-progress Gadget hat with rotating police light:
hatandlight.jpg

Recordable voice memo unit that I've modded to be a siren sound wired up to the right Gadget glove:
siren.jpg

I've also completed one of the yellow hat gloves, which will be holding a magnifying glass. I had to remove the glass from the magnifier to lighten the load and replaced the lens with transparency sheet:
yellowhand1.jpg

This is truly epic! I can't wait to see this completed and neither can my girlfriend. She loves the Inspector. :thumbsup

Yea, I used to watch that show every morning before school, you're really doing it justice. I can't wait for Halloween, just to see how this turns out.

AWESOME! heres these, just in case you wanted to make the flyer, which upon closer inspection, i think is actually gatget's police ID card....:
2.jpg

3.jpg

1-1.jpg

This is a fantastic costume build....I loved this cartoon and its so great to see this character tackled the way you have. I can't wait to see more progress photos! I especially love the glove-phone :)

brilant work
iv always wanted to do Gadget
so if i ever do im stealing your Blue tooth idea XD
that was just genus

i sort of wish you could like wear on of thos life vests that automatically inflate when you pull a cord and make the cord one of the buttons
it would be a one time thing but would look really funny

Or instead of the life vests just get one of those Sumo costumes that you always see around Halloween that inflate with a fan a wear that underneath.

Glad everyone's enjoying the build progress! The inflatable coat thing would be really cool, but entirely unachievable as the trench coat is made to fit me and wouldn't inflate without getting a coat that's WAY too big. The difficult thing with this build is that some of the coolest accessories just aren't "wearable". I had come up with some awesome ideas for a working rotating Gadget copter, but trying to walk around with that thing on my head would have been dangerous and NO fun!

Haven't been very productive on the costume lately. This is the trouble with knowing I have until October 31st for this thing...lack of motivation! haha

I managed to order a metal "Special Police" badge and created an Inspector Gadget ID to go with it. This will be held in the other yellow hat hand.

photo-2.jpg

Keep it coming!
I know what its like to lose some motivation, especially once you reach a certain threshhold - maybe it will help to watch a few IG episodes to get you motivated again - and yes, a due date also help to motivate!
Looks great so far, can't wait to see it all together!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back