How to build sliders timer electronics

As a guy whose been after a season 1 Hero Timer ever since the show came out, I have to say - I'd would absolutely love to get in on a run if Mr. Genser decides to do one!

Well me being the Crying man, I'm definitely in, would be an honor to have the real quin Mallory's Timer in my home. Can't wait for the details! :)

I too was thinking with a modern Li-Poly battery this would be quite doable and remain self-contained.

Looking forward to what you come up with Steven.

A modded Micro TAC with "original" electronics and one of Thermal's kits with modern electronics sound like the perfect pair to me.

Reducing the current to each LED segment would easily offset most of the power consumption problem. And a small Li-Poly battery - technology which didn't exist back then - could handle it all anyway. Novelty?

SG

Last edited:
I'm a reasonable man, but it would have to be worth my while. Any thoughts?

Steven Genser
Rocket Visual Effects Ltd
Vancouver, Canada

I have absolutely zero skills in prop building, but I would be interested in the idea of your offer as a piece of "prop timer circuitry" :lol Of course, what I would really love (like most others) is an accurate hero prop of that original timer; but from my experience, that's out of reach unless a person can build it themselves.

Glad that you posted and shared here, and it's great to see that GEnSEr mystery solved! I love stuff like that. :)

That is what is so great about the RPF. Lots of talented people who are willing to share their techniques and information with others.

My skills in this regard are pretty ordinary but part of the fun with making props is having a go at making stuff and getting involved in the research. It's not always about making the perfect replica but having a go. Each time one makes something the skills tend to improve a little. Sometimes it's surprising just how well stuff turns out.

Of course it's great too if one afford to buy some of the fantastic pieces on offer from members. As I've said I'll get one of Thermal's timer kits but am going to try modding a real phone as well.

I have absolutely zero skills in prop building, but I would be interested in the idea of your offer as a piece of "prop timer circuitry" :lol

Last edited:
Original Timer phone on eBay...

Thought I'd let everyone know :)

I might sell mine because I'm not sure I'm comfortable modding it, hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
EverybodyelsE, I definitely know what you mean, there's the elevated fear of breaking it due to how damn difficult they are to get.

Thanks for the link, although I already have one, it's suffered some damage over the years it's been used (some nasty cracks and chips in some really inopportune areas, I might add) so I might just bid on that one and sell my existing one.

It's definitely worth perservering to try get the right model and colour, though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back