Hi! I have boobs and I make...

For single needles for leather, I buy the cheapest I can find and just replace them ~Not~ the most sustainable way to go... however, as repairs are often more costly than a new one, and I constantly push the machines limits with random materials it works best for me. If I had an expensive machine I'd be tempted to not try things in order to not break it :p

Ohoh I have an answer! I personally think any middle-priced machine (that is, in the $200-$300 range) will do all that just fine. There is no need to go out and purchase a heavy duty $800 sewing machine unless you plan to sew a lot of leather. A few leather pieces is not going to break a slightly more lower end machine. All you need is to get a proper leather needle. I've even seen a guy who does leatherworking full time just continuously replace $100 machines. The machine can do it, it just gets worn out quickly.

My own machine is a Janome SUV1122, it cost me about $220 (retails for a bit more, but I struck a deal by purchasing a Janome Four-DLG serger at the same time for combined price of $700). The sewing machine seriously lives up to the SUV in its name. It's crazy strong, and can blast through a dozen layers of denim.

I don't post much on here but it is good to see more ladies fab costumes and amazing costume making skills. I have been a Xena lookalike for many years and have made many costumes over the years.
530749_512581375448494_1741553270_n_zps03fa22c8.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't post much on here but it is good to see more ladies fab costumes and amazing costume making skills. I have been a Xena lookalike for many years and have made many costumes over the years.
530749_512581375448494_1741553270_n_zps03fa22c8.jpeg

Wow! I had to do a double-take! You look just like Lucy Lawless!

@Xenajo- OMG THAT IS AMAZING! I grew up watching Xena from the beginning, so I'm a huge fan. Have you done any other variations of her costumes that you can share?

@Xenajo- OMG THAT IS AMAZING! I grew up watching Xena from the beginning, so I'm a huge fan. Have you done any other variations of her costumes that you can share?

Yes, please show us some others! :D

I'm planning on doing Xena's main costume at some point (maybe later this year), but I look nothing like her, haha.

Hello, I have boobs and I make costumes too :)
Started putting together a blog with some of my stuff on it...
creativecostuming.wordpress.com

Your Bene Gesserit costume is wonderful. If I see you at Dragon Con this year I want a photo with my hand in the pain box! :lol

PetiteAltesse
awesome costumes! I think a lot of us like to do non-female costumes at some point. No reason to be limited if you don't want to be, right?

maeblade,
your costumes are cool and intricate! I agree your Bene Gesserit costume is wonderful.
Your blog is off to a good start, too. I'd like to see you put each completed costume, for example, on it's own page, though! Goodluck!

Xenajo, wow you definitely look like her!!

So glad to see this thread explode with activity again XD

I'm about to open my workroom to a group of people for the first time in ages and I am totally reorganising all my storage. This essentially means I am moving shelves to another wall, wardrobe to another wall and my industrial overlocker to yet another wall. Sigh.But it should be good at the end :)

And then I can get to work on actual projects XD

I don't care a thing about boobs, I'm just here for the cool props and costumes.

However, sometimes my statements are not completely accurate.

hi guys, i do make up and model for costumes for hybridconzepts, im yet to showcase my stuff- just building up the confidence while i watch the talented peeps here.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back