Hi! I have boobs and I make...

I would love to see how you approach the arm. Right now, I'm considering a combination of wonderflex and EVA foam. If you end up posting a build let me know!

I just googled Gaige, OMG! I can't wait to see your builds Arkadia and Scapey (and GF XD)

An now I may be googling Borderlands.... looking at Gaige's skill trees there is a level snark I really appreciate in a game.

Thank you Guri :) I almost brought that gown with me to D*C but wound up with an 18thC dress instead :) Good luck with your house :)

Blobfish and Arkadia: Thank you :) I will indeed be sculpting the back of the head :) It'll be a separate piece, in fact what I have here will be separated to allow the piece to fit a range of faces. including my own :)
My 5L of latex arrived today :) But it is a designated down day :) I need to order some ultracal, that will be next week due to finances :) And then by the time it arrives I'll hopefully be ready for casting!

Wow, mdb, the sculpt is coming along great! :D

And the other costumes posted are also really great. I'm looking at doing an elven style costume, but I can't decide on whether to get another fabric for the inside of my sleeves, or do it all in one color. Decisions!

I am a new member, I have always been creative but I am really getting in to building props/costumes and I am loving it! Great to know there are lots of ladies on here!

I'm a huge mdb fan. Love ya, girl! You're rocking that sculpt but I expect no less from you. I think we are long over due for another Skype chat, no?

Welcome Valentina :)

Thank you Lora :) I've cut the sculpt apart to start molding, it was a bit difficult to do emotionally but I did it! New photos are in my FB page in my sig. I have ummed and ahhed about starting a new thread here but I am uncomfortable doing so. There is some kersykology there as Nanny Ogg would say. Or similar. I used to know my Discworld quotes off by heart!

I hope you post photos of your Elven gown :)

edited to add:

FANGS! *Tackle* Defo need another Skype chat! (Your reply snuck in before I finished my own :)) Right now nap time though ;)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Kyrsten. I sew, craft and make my own costumes. I'm still really new at this, but I'm trying to challenge myself. I'm currently researching how to make the Mark VII from the Avengers for a con in September.

I haven't really worked on anything in a while, but I'm finally getting this Laura Roslin Season 4.5 costume done. <3 Not sure how recognizable it will be, but its a powerful scene and I want to do a fountain photo shoot soooo badly.

After I'm done hemming, adding in a zipper and putting the belt on, I'm gonna weft two different colored wigs together to hopefully get a good hair color for her. She dyes/wears wigs so regularly and I want a wig to wear with my Opera House costume I eventually intend to make.

Very nice, Vivianna. :D

Oh, I already stalk you on fb, mdb. ;) I just don't have a fb costuming page myself, only an album I occassionally add new photos to. I'll see about getting some pictures up. I've gotten pretty good at remembering to take lots of progress pics.

Stalker eh? ;) I've been to Denmark once btw :) To see Phantom of the Opera at Det Ny Teater. Such a beautiful theatre. Amazing show. Best version I had seen of it. Live or otherwise :)

I do have a few Pahntom costumes I wuld like to finish eventually.

Taking progress photos is a really good habit to get in to :) It really helps those moments of self doubt. Seeing how far you have come helps put a speed bump in to perspective :)

Welcome, Ashley! I've been there... haha! What are you building? Did you start a thread on it yet? This is for sure the place to get input from those who have been wrestling with the challenges of such builds. :D

Hey there, I'm Krystyn. I go by Pip, but either is fine.

I've been costuming since 2006. I only just started making my own costumes in 2009 and I still have much to learn. My amazing fiancee has helped and taught me so much. I owe much of my new found skills to him. Currently I'm working on Zero from Borderlands 2. I hope to do more female characters in the future.

Here's the costume I am most proud of:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/331/4/2/r_i_n_z_l_e_r_by_petite_pan-d4vmzpq.png
And here is my most well known costume:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/088/b/7/b7f43cf1d5d1533369e063bd9c7253de-d2udsoc.png

Also, to TheLadyNerd, how you doin' guuurl? I had no idea you were on here. It's Peter Pan from the Ren Faire.

Last edited:

I've been costuming since 2006. I only just started making my own costumes in 2009 and I still have much to learn. My amazing fiancee has helped and taught me so much. I owe much of my new found skills to him. Currently I'm working on Zero from Borderlands 2. I hope to do more female characters in the future.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/331/4/2/r_i_n_z_l_e_r_by_petite_pan-d4vmzpq.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/088/b/7/b7f43cf1d5d1533369e063bd9c7253de-d2udsoc.png

Also, to TheLadyNerd, how you doin' guuurl? I had no idea you were on here. It's Peter Pan from the Ren Faire.

Dig the Pan...

So thought I should probably say hi on here too though only just noticed this thread. Oops. I've been a lurker on rpf for a while but I do try and post on the odd occasion.

I'm Sam, 25, from the UK. I sew...a lot. I'm definitely not even half as talented as some of you ladies on here but I try my best. I take a few commissions from friends and I pretty much make anything I see and like. Been doing conventions since 2000, costuming since 2001 and pretty much making all of my own stuff since 2005-2006.

I'd love to make pepakura armour but at the moment me and pep don't get on too well. I'm learning though slowly.

Nice Rinzler!!

'allo!

Not really a lurker, just... don't really have a lot to say at the moment! I've been costuming since I was a kid -- tinfoil tiara and bracelets with a burlap rope! -- and, after initial attempts by my grandmother then, I finally picked sewing back up about ten years ago. Didn't take long to remember the basics, and so now I'm kinda just...stumbling through blindly. =)

My first big project was 2007: Abigail Whistler from Blade: Trinity, out of cordura, on a Kenmore machine older than me, *and* modifying a pattern for the first time in my life. It turned out okay -- really excellent considering I was little more than a novice when I did it. Still, when given time and inclination, I'd really like to do a better, more screen-accurate version.

More recently, I've done Victoria, in her evening dress, from "RED"; a "steampunk" version of Emma Peel (who ended up remarkably like Eliza Braun from The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences); and Beckett from "Castle". Next up are Black Widow (Avengers), and possibly Hawkgirl (JLU Animated), with Margo Lane (The Shadow) and a "real" Emma Peel lurking in the background. Construction on most are waiting until I lose a bit of the pudge I've gained since moving (temporarily) to Newfoundland. Ugh.

Needless to say, the WiP threads will have to wait a bit...

Thanks so much, guys! Glad you like them.

I know it's weird for me to comment when I don't do female costumes, but I have a few planned for the future!

- Tali from Mass Effect
- Jack from Mass Effect
- Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2

Those three are the only ones I'm 100% behind on making. I'm still trying to find others. I have to have played the game, read the book, or seen the film to choose a character. I only costume characters I can relate to or like. I guess I can be a bit picky. But I want to make sure I'll do my best work and have the most fun, and I just can't do that with a character I don't like or hardly know anything about. Oddly I can relate to a lot of male characters... which is odd considering how girly I am. :/ Hm...

Hi. I'm Lunar. I live in Delaware
While I've been watching this forum for a long while before I became a member, I really don't follow well since the seeming majority of the crafts/props are all things I have no clue about nor much interest in.
I'm very impressed by the work, in awe of the skill. My interests definitely focus on Fallout, Infamous, older horror movies, cyberpunk (not steampunk) and some fantasy elements. I just got back into crafting more, so maybe I'll be less quiet.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back