Hi! I have boobs and I make...

Thanks for your kind comments here is a photo of the main costume with my horse lookalike! :lol
462431_347910658582234_1842136046_o_zps82fe8cda.jpeg
[/IMG]

Here is a link to my Facebook page with more photos if your interested :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-Warrior-Princess-Lookalike-Jo-Marriott/194547977251837

DAMN>>>That's a great picture and beautiful horse..looks like a behind the scenes or screencap from the show...VERY WELL DONE....Maybe latter you can do Lucy's character from Spartacus.

I've been asking my friends where I should get started on this forum, as you can imagine on first view it's a little overwhelming, and have been unanimously told to get started in the "I have boobs" thread XD

I have been costuming for perhaps 12 years and sewing for longer... I mainly do things with fabric and beads but am hoping to expand my skill sets into props and make-up. I started in mostly Star Wars costumes and love fantasy and historical, but recently hit the costuming jackpot with the new star Jennifer Lawrence, whom I resemble just enough to pull off her costumes well, she does sci-fi with gorgeous/badass costumes, and characters I love. (So I seriously hope she gets cast as Han and Leia's daughter, I'd be set for life!)

This was my pride and joy from last year:
vgof002.jpg

Hi, I'm Jayn & late to the party. I has boobs & I make costumes & props.
Rockin' dwarf costumes this year. Great thread!

Well, that would be a win. As long as Volpin and GSTQ are collaborating entries, most people consider topping the class category a MAJOR victory. Which it's something to be proud of anyway. Scott and Freddy are friends and business partners of mine and are VERY picky about construction detail.

Well, that would be a win. As long as Volpin and GSTQ are collaborating entries, most people consider topping the class category a MAJOR victory. Which it's something to be proud of anyway. Scott and Freddy are friends and business partners of mine and are VERY picky about construction detail.

Oh, I do consider it a victory, I've never placed in that contest above Honorable Mention :) I made the thing based off of two pictures and a spinning gif image and had to make a lot of guesses, and one judge, Cheralyn, told me she worked on the Hunger Games costumes and that I had done it right... and because of the difficulty of working with all that silk satin. I do love that contest because I have a lot of respect for the judges, and they always run a great track :)

Woooo! I just started crafting earlier this year. I made my first Dovahkiin Helmet, which I intend on remaking and I'm working on the dagger.

But currently I am working on my Gears of War armor which isn't turning out like planned but hey, I'm learning! Next up, Spartan armor!

....400?! HOLY. CRAP.

Which character you making from gears? I did anya stroud last Halloween :)

Hi ladies! may name is cody tiger and i do some costume and prop work. so far i only have two costumes, very few hand tools and little know how. what i do have is a few woodworking, CAD, metal working, glass working and auto classes from high school. i also do graphic design and photography on a small scale. im looking into learning to sew and deeper scratch builds! looking forward to reading more about the women here!
IMG_1167_zpsb80abb79.jpg
IMG_1553_zpsb3b4d317.jpg
IMG_1519_zps91321fa5.jpg

Hi everyone! I haven't been on these boards in a good long while! Went back to school (after 20 years) last year and it's consummed every waking hour! I'm getting back into costuming finally. I have some big plans for DragonCon this year but I need some help. On this massive amazing forum - where would I find info on making foam look like rigid plastic (metal) on the cheap? I've seen tutes on using EasyFlo (roto polyuerathane) but I don't think I can afford that. Is there an easier cheat? The item is going to be pretty large. Thanks all!

Hi everyone! I haven't been on these boards in a good long while! Went back to school (after 20 years) last year and it's consummed every waking hour! I'm getting back into costuming finally. I have some big plans for DragonCon this year but I need some help. On this massive amazing forum - where would I find info on making foam look like rigid plastic (metal) on the cheap? I've seen tutes on using EasyFlo (roto polyuerathane) but I don't think I can afford that. Is there an easier cheat? The item is going to be pretty large. Thanks all!

There is a video on youtube that shows how to make shrunken heads and the "skin" is made out of liquid nails. I haven't tried it but it looks like it could work.

Oh, this is embarrassing. I've been a member of the RPF for years, but mainly keep quiet due to crippling fear of the internet forum. That, and I was away on tour for a few months at the end of 2012. So I'm kind of treating this as a fresh start, I guess? I lurk a lot. And then I get wrapped up in a project and forget to do things like check up on the internet ...or eat. But I love seeing other folks create. I tend to fall more on the sewing side of things. It's hard to do a whole lot of prop work out of a NYC apartment!

As far as costuming goes, I'm currently working on a Brienne of Tarth for Dragon*Con.

Past costumes include Lady Loki, Effie Trinket, Idris (the Tardis in human form), Bellatrix, Scarlett & Giselle (from Pirates of the Caribbean), and Silk Spectre I.

8535412619_3947b30432_c.jpg

Hi ladies! may name is cody tiger and i do some costume and prop work. so far i only have two costumes, very few hand tools and little know how. what i do have is a few woodworking, CAD, metal working, glass working and auto classes from high school. i also do graphic design and photography on a small scale. im looking into learning to sew and deeper scratch builds! looking forward to reading more about the women here!
IMG_1167_zpsb80abb79.jpg

I've never seen a female Hunter S Thompson. That is way too cool.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back