Hi! I have boobs and I make...

Dark Galadriel (construction details here)
darkgaladriel.JPG

This is an interesting choice. I've seen plenty of Galadriels but this is the first Dark Galadriel I've seen. When I saw the pic I immediately had the scene go through my head :lol
Weeping Angel (original thread here, though I've improved it since)
dc-2010-varjohaltia-2.jpg

Eek! :eek

This is absolutely amazing, and I'd have never guessed this wasn't a prop from the actual TV series. Awesome sauce

I did the "first" Dark Galadriel over a decade ago ;) But it really is not as glorious as Gen's, by a long shot :) In fact I am finally, finally, tossing the thing to make room for other projects. I am sure she can relate to how much room and fabric making the torn cloak and dress is ;) It's a full 40L container of torn shreds (the breastplate died after a house fire in 07. I still have the wire work so it's not that much of a big deal to part with.

I know we have dealt with a few big topics in a really good way in the past, so I'm hoping for a spot of help.

Extreme enui. I have totally lost the inspiration to make anything. Still loving seeing the glorious work of others, just feeling totally unmotivated to make or fix anything. Much of the problem is a fantastic sinus infection (that apparently is going to stick around another two or three weeks) sapping energy to even sit here and type.

Hmmmmm...... that said this thread makes me happy so I'm ging to go buy some clay and a pot (to heat the clay t mix to a shade I want). And see about starting that Female Turian that's been leaked all over Tumblr and Facebook.

So nothing mammary related but yay for a thread of awesome and sharing :)

XD Well I did actually go out and get the clay and a new headform so yay for getting butt off couch and doing something ;)

I also thought I ought to actually post something here:

So I may love making alien headpieces ;) Turian sculpt is going to be more complex (layers and full face!!!) But... So. Much. Fun.

*edit* Holy cow! Saw the full length pic of her and yes! Most definitely making :)

Last edited:
Ooh, looking forward to seeing how you do the female turian :) I've been toying with the idea of attempting a Garrus costume for a while now.

Thank you :) And Mass Effect nearly killed me ;) No, but I got a first hand experience with the US medical scene. I won, but it was a near miss ;)

Anyway..... I have started Nyreen XD First slap of clay just to get ideas of how much goes where so proportions are all off. Not sure if I want to start a new thread or post updates here. It's like a lovely cozy blankie here full of mutual admiration and support XD

There is a possibility of racing through this to get it done for a super close event. Or I could be sensible. ;) Right! Off to get clay under my nails and lose the rest!

Actually is it just me or does plasticine soften nails to the point of them just peeling off? I have soft nails as it is but I'm sure the plasticine oils are doing soemthing...

Seriously guys, this thread solved the enui problem almost by itself. So thank you everyone who has posted their work here. It is inspiring. In some cases the sheer beauty, in some cases a good reminder to get off my a** and work :)
(Although luckily I am not so tempted to trive any sculpting tools into my face any more, sinus problems are relenting!)

Another lady costumer here! I sew costumes, make accessories and props and attempt to style/build wigs. I've been at it for about 14 years now. I've gotten away from costuming a little bit since buying a run down house 4 years ago but I'm trying to ease back into it.

Honestly, you wouldn't ;) Really. I had no good photos of it except in progress anyway. I'm proud of what I acheived at the time, but it is best left to the mists of time. it may be on my old site though.

This reminds me though, time to see if wordpress is compatable wth the php version my host uses.... I loved having a dynami site for a while there.

Last edited:
Hi!

I'm Danielle, and I'm Iron Man!

LoL

I totally love working in Pep, fiberglass resin / bondo, and foam. Currently collaborating on Rescue Armor for myself as well as bracers for my Jedi. I'd love to learn how to sew to expand my costume making from props and armor to cloth, but for now I'm keeping busy with these...and love being a part of the active costuming community.

See you guys at the cons!

Just saw the MArio Mad Max mashup. Excellent!

What Borderlands costumes are you working on, Arkadia?

Two days in to the sculpt and I am happy. Still some planes to flatten or lengthen but getting there :) Two days with a few days between sadly. Today was a day off. Didn't trust myself with loopy drugs and pain to not just wind up hacking that apart ;)

Hey new peeps :) Settle in and share :) And thanks for the links to your build threads! There are what 900pages in this subforum alone....

So my threads, I have only few due to a tendency to use blogging platforms:

Witchblade
older costumes
Shaak Ti
SHae Vizla, bounty Hunter

It's looking really good! Thanks so much for sharing your links. When I start making a costume again I'll be sure to share - kind of in a slow spot right now fixing up my house...

You have made so many beautiful costumes, it's almost overwhelming! I have to say, of those you've just posted here, this one from ever after I especially like:

ea1.jpg

And you look so pretty in it too!! :)

Two days in to the sculpt and I am happy. Still some planes to flatten or lengthen but getting there :) Two days with a few days between sadly. Today was a day off. Didn't trust myself with loopy drugs and pain to not just wind up hacking that apart ;)

Wow. Just... wow. Forget 'mutual admiration' - this is all-out awe with minor jealousy :p
Really looking forward to seeing more of this - I'm curious as to how you're going to do the back of the head where there's those little scaley bits that turians have - is that just going to be on a balaclava or similar, or are you going to scultp all that too?

Just saw the MArio Mad Max mashup. Excellent!

What Borderlands costumes are you working on, Arkadia?

I'm currently interested in making Gaige's costume. I would also love to make an accompanying Death Trap (maybe as a puppet) to go along with the outfit. But I'm taking it one step at a time. I'm currently in the research and patterning stage, so I don't have much to show yet!

Two days in to the sculpt and I am happy. Still some planes to flatten or lengthen but getting there :) Two days with a few days between sadly.

Man, one of these days I would love to tackle a mask of some sort. This is really off to a great start. Can't wait to see more!

Heh. My girlfriend is working on Gaige - I'm helping with the hardware.
She's thinking of doing Deathtrap as a plushie :D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back