Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

Re: Helagaks Iron man Mark 8/42 model and Pepakura files. COMPLETE RE BUILD!! new fil

looking good but are you going to do it for fiberglassing as well

Re: Helagaks Iron man Mark 8/42 model and Pepakura files. COMPLETE RE BUILD!! new fil

as i wait for helagak's email :)

here's what i've got. .the v3 shoulders finished (both of them, left and right :D )

2vumseq.jpg

i added some screw foam details :)

hey ironmaided could you tell me the best place to measure for the chest bicep and shoulder using the distance between two points as im not 100% sure on it.

Hi guys, I am currently attempting to make the Iron Man Mark 42 (Featured in Iron Man 3) I just wanted to know which paint to buy? Thanks

Great build maided! Those look awesome. I just finished packing up the back and forearm. (including new hand plate) just waiting for my router to reset and the will be on their way.

As for measuring pieces, it depends on the piece. For example, on the chest, I would measure arm pit to arm pit so the chest fits you correctly then use that same scale on the back.
On the shoulders, I measured from the front of my shoulder to the back (adding some) and applied that to the depth of the piece.
On the forearm, I would measure inside your elbow to inside your wrist.
:)

hey ironmaided could you tell me the best place to measure for the chest bicep and shoulder using the distance between two points as im not 100% sure on it.

thanks for asking. . .here's what i'm doing when scaling pep parts. . .it works for me :thumbsup

i measure the distance of the width of the chest using "measure the distance between two points" tool on pepakura designer 3

999329_483856501696814_594370701_n.jpg

as you can see here the distance between left point (A) to right point (B) is 349.61mm (13.7" according to my conversion program) . . . i measure my chest using a measuring tape and well the scale of it was just right for me, i just added a couple of inches to it for some space (BTW i'm using jackieisrockin's chest but i edited helagak's new model to somewhat scale just like jackie's)

then i measure the height using again the said tool on pepakura designer

1044788_483856605030137_1181553729_n.jpg

top point (A) to bottom point (B) measures 330.08mm (12.99")

i didn't changed the scale here because i wanted everything to fit perfectly. . .i don't like the shoulders flare out like hell or else i will look like a football player

1010974_483856705030127_984061705_n.jpg

by checking the default scale . . . the scale of the chest is 418.50105 something. . .if you changed the value of the height using your own measurement. . .the 418.50105 scale of the chest will (a: increase if you increase the height measure) and (b: decrease if you decrease the height measurement) . . .once you get the final scale for the chest. . .paste it on the "change pattern size" window of the shoulder file

1012681_483857031696761_67267630_n.jpg

thus the shoulder will fit on the chest using your final scale. . .

i really don't know if this will work on you but i hope it helps :thumbsup honestly i hate scaling :lol

looks awesome

thanks Mig407! :)

Nice little tutorial, ironmaided.
The files are sent! And the first post is updated. This is starting to look like a real pep building thread! =P

Nice little tutorial, ironmaided.
The files are sent! And the first post is updated. This is starting to look like a real pep building thread! =P

luckily i'm able to crack up that little tutorial lol

i'm building the biceps (yeah the left and the right) now. . .i'll put a little tutorial again for some "complex" parts of the file

p.s. : i think you haven't attached the files on the email :lol

Last edited:

I'm an idiot.... Hold please LOl

haha lol you must have missed to click it lol it's ok :)

anyway i'll be unfolding the underarmor portion of the bicep. . .i'm having an interest on making those if i'm too lazy to where a complete suit on a convention

----update--------

just received the back and forearm files :) gonna start modifying it now (gonna pause building the bicep) and unfold it for you guys :D

Last edited:

Ok, they are sent. Question. Are these files set for A4 or letter size paper?

The under armor parts in the bicep and forearm are not based off the movie model at. Just for functionality. So I'm not sure how great they would be for wearing alone... Haha but go for it, if you like. :)

Ok, they are sent. Question. Are these files set for A4 or letter size paper?

A4 :thumbsup (a tip for noobs: just be sure to set the printer paper settings to A4 before printing) :)

and an update. . .texture adding and rescaling

992877_483903418358789_846949950_n.jpg

behold. . .the abs are jackies. . .i just used them as render reference (i love rendering :D)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i'm still unfolding :(

1044301_483910308358100_1429371361_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lol yeah, there are alot of parts! I would suggest just putting the left side parts on the page.

These new files look great, HelagaK and Ironmaided. Don't get me wrong, the originals are pretty nice, but the new ones are such and improvement and look fantastic so far. I might have to wait just a bit to put these together until all of your pieces are molded (I just hope there's enough time before Halloween).

Between your parts, Jackie's and the few others floating around, there's going to be pretty sharp army of Mk42s on this forum.

These new files look great, HelagaK and Ironmaided. Don't get me wrong, the originals are pretty nice, but the new ones are such and improvement and look fantastic so far. I might have to wait just a bit to put these together until all of your pieces are molded (I just hope there's enough time before Halloween).

Between your parts, Jackie's and the few others floating around, there's going to be pretty sharp army of Mk42s on this forum.

thanks! i think Helagak's files (mod by me :p) we're really meant for foam building, jackieisrockin's files are for both paper and foam, and because of that i'll use both of them on my current mark 42 build :) to show my deepest respect and appreciation for their hard work on these babies :)

------------update-----------------

it has began. . .i'm working on the back right now. . .i'll post some progress on my foam works thread (see my signature for the link)

i just wanted to share that i'm currently working on 5 suits slowly. . .starting with this mk42. .then mk17. . .mk39. . .mk7 the mark 22 . . .target date will be this october :thumbsup . . .after that i'll retire from costume building to focus on studies :angel

993604_484046608344470_87497531_n.jpg

Last edited:

Those look great maided! I can't believe how fast you work! x_x
It would take me a week to build that chest! :lol

Anyone working on paper unfolds of the new files?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back