Hasbro Legacy Millennium Falcon Conversion

Hi there guys.

I've been working on my conversion too and I came to the conclusion that converting the Hasbro Legacy will result in a 1/53th scale Five footer.
The mandibles should be totally replaced because they are too big for the 5 footer look, so I am constructing styrene ones.

Junk Pilot said:
What's everyones thoughts on the ESSENTIAL donor kits for detailing?
1/35 Tamiya Matilda
1/20 Tyrell P34

I think some very cool donors you can get are the Bandai 1/48th tanks to go half scale of the 1/24th tanks used on the 5 footer. The Tamiya 1/20 JPS for the ford engine details of the 1/12th tamiya kit and some 1/48th aircraft kits to replace the Airfix 1/24th Hurricane, Messer and P-51D.
I have gatherend lots of very similar stuff. Although it is very difficult and really not of my interest to make it an exact replica, just to make it as "5 footerish" looking as possible:lol

I almost finished my cockpit for the conversion It is 1/48th scale, not 1/53 but it looks cool I think. I just have to cast some resin parts for the coolshade effect. I used a part from the Churchil Crocodile 1/35 Tamiya kit for this. I am missing also the pilot and co-pilot seat.
Here is a pic of my cockpit:

what do you think guys

Last edited:
Unbelieveable work, Rodmart. You have the Midas touch. Everything you touch turns to gold.

:thumbsup

Hi there guys.

I've been working on my conversion too and I came to the conclusion that converting the Hasbro Legacy will result in a 1/53th scale Five footer.
The mandibles should be totally replaced because they are too big for the 5 footer look, so I am constructing styrene ones.

Junk Pilot said:

I think some very cool donors you can get are the Bandai 1/48th tanks to go half scale of the 1/24th tanks used on the 5 footer. The Tamiya 1/20 JPS for the ford engine details of the 1/12th tamiya kit and some 1/48th aircraft kits to replace the Airfix 1/24th Hurricane, Messer and P-51D.
I have gatherend lots of very similar stuff. Although it is very difficult and really not of my interest to make it an exact replica, just to make it as "5 footerish" looking as possible:lol

I almost finished my cockpit for the conversion It is 1/48th scale, not 1/53 but it looks cool I think. I just have to cast some resin parts for the coolshade effect. I used a part from the Churchil Crocodile 1/35 Tamiya kit for this. I am missing also the pilot and co-pilot seat.
Here is a pic of my cockpit:

what do you think guys

that cockpit looks great.will use this as reference and inspiration when i get to the cockpit on mine.should be making a start in a few weeks on my hasbro conversion, i hope.gotta finish other projects first.

Thanks guys,
thanks Junk Pilot.

Here is an idea. If you see the pics I posted of my conversion you will see I constructed an styrene structure to support all that it is left after we start "slaughtering" that poor toy, jajajajaja:lol.
Well, at first I decided to use the Legacy mandibles and tilt them to the angle the mandibles are on the 5 footer, one of the more important differences for me with the ESB Falcon that has parallel mandibles.
Even with this arrengement they looked bad, they are to big, so I decided to design a new support structure for the Legacy hulls that include the mandibles at the right proportion between the Hasbro disc and the 5 footer disc and mandibles.
I hope I am making myself clear, is kind of hard to explain. Anyway here is the blueprint of the structure I am talking about.
The red circle is the Hasbro's hull size. As you can compare with the 5 Footer pic translucent behind I've scaled the mandibles to match the proportions of the 5 Footer with the Legacy hull.
I also give you the height of the side walls and mandibles that I scaled down to 1/53 scale. I've been studying the 5 footer with Gort, Stu, and all the cool guys on the 5 footer thread for months so I believe this measures could be very close to the original prop.

If any one wants this structure blueprint at a higher reso to print write me to hikaru84@gmail.com and I'll mail it.:thumbsup

bests:
Rod

So I think that I can tell that you used the guitar strings for the vertical lines of the koolshade, but what did you use as the tiny horizontal ones on the cockpit vents?

Hi kokkari, I used the same thin guitar strings :) It was a little hard on the eyes gluing on those tiny hair-like pieces. A magnifying lens and a good pair of side cutters helped a lot along with the tweezers. Someday I 'll get back to building mine. I got stuck at the armour-plating stage. I kept thinking how the plating should be cut from pieces of a vacu-formed hull to conform well to the dome.

0012Sizes.jpg

Finally got the Hasbro size print! AMT size on right. These ship out to Rodmart for correcting
and finishing and, hopefully, get myself back to building the half-size Falcon.

002Areastocorrect.jpg

Cute babies, aren't they : ) Just need to put those ridges, correct the shape of the curve a little
and round the tip a wee bit. All in all, though, they're a chip off the old engine block.

That's awesome, CJ.

My own conversion, as well as everythign else, is on hold for a while as my wife and I prepare for our new baby in Nov/Dec, and at the same time work on the house as we get ready to move out then rent it out. So basically lots happening and no time to do it in.

Last edited:
That's awesome, CJ.

My own conversion, as well as everythign else, is on hold for a while as my wife and I prepare for our new baby in Nov/Dec, and at the same time work on the house as we get ready to move out then rent it out. So basically lots happening and no time to do it in.

What's the due date Dean?

The full term date is 10 Dec but we know he'll (yes it's a boy) be coming before then and I can see it now he's gonna wanna play with "daddy's toys".

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back