Halloween costumes air mag conversion

I know! Seems like people are bidding on anything mag related right now....hyped up beyond all reason right now for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that pair is a one off made by a member here. Whilst I don't agree with the asking price, it is 2015 after all and the MAG is pretty hyped now.

Prior to October 21, most people didn't recognize my shoes. Over the weekend, sales people in sports shoe stores asked where I got them.

Pretty sure that pair is a one off made by a member here. Whilst I don't agree with the asking price, it is 2015 after all and the MAG is pretty hyped now.

Prior to October 21, most people didn't recognize my shoes. Over the weekend, sales people in sports shoe stores asked where I got them.

Yeah it does say in the listing that it was created by an RPF member.

Amazing the effect "future day" has had.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015/11/nike-air-mags-and-yeezy-boosts-dipped-in-paint

Did anybody hear this HORRIFIC, IDIOTIC IMBECILE that calls herself an "artist" that DESTROYED a legitimate pair of Nike Mags by dipping them in black paint for "art"?!?!??? Are you freakin' kidding me? Someone needs to teach her a lesson on common sense. She openly admitted she paid $8,000 for them just to go ahead and ruin them for the world to see. What an absolute bitch. I'm more upset about the fact that these were limited to only 1,500 pairs then her ruining an extremely expensive shoe.

Hey guys heres the interest thread for my EL upgrade full diy kits
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249727 Nike EL mod Full kit

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Is there a difference between a heat gun and a heat embossing tool?? I personally have no experience with either but my roommate has an embossing tool I can use. Would this be suitable for removing the sole

A heat gun usually melts paint and stuff, they get VERY hot. If you use one, test it on some no-name shoes first or some other thing with material and / or rubber. You can get hair dryers for very low price, and they are much safer for the Mags. They still get hot, but not hot enough to ruin things. Might take longer to remove the sole though.
Don't know about embossers, never used them.
If you have a "box fan" heater, that worked for me to do the toe slim on mine years ago. I wet the toes and put them in front of the box fan heater and carefully pressed the toeboxes down. Still good up to now. It also worked for removing the yellow soles. sit the shoe in front of the box fan heater (sideways, so the grip is facing the fan) and leave it there for a while. Then get a paddle pop stick or something with a flat edge and pry up the yellow sole from the grey midsole. It gets easier when there's enough free for you to grip with your fingers, but because of the heat burning my fingers, next time I do this I'll be wearing leather gloves.

Just before I get into it, do you guys have any video that shows the deconstruction of the shoe, just wanna know the most efficent method.

wow Cavx that embosser thing sure gets the glue soft quicker than the way I was doing it. Mine took ages of on-and-off work with the soles. :D

Just before I get into it, do you guys have any video that shows the deconstruction of the shoe, just wanna know the most efficent method.

Not sure if these will help you as they don't actually show me tearing these down, just how I got there.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow Cavx that embosser thing sure gets the glue soft quicker than the way I was doing it. Mine took ages of on-and-off work with the soles. :D

I had both soles off the shoes about an hour later. Technique is still the key, but good tools really help too.

Some great videos there cavx. Makes me think I might actually be able to do the sock toe mod as it doesn't seem too difficult using the method you suggest I.e only removing some of the sole and then tucking the material under afterwards.

That is the thing. The amount of material is correct, just the shape of the boot toe is wrong. Take out the toe box and you now have both the correct size and shape.

What would be a good place to get paint to paint the mid soles? Does loews or home depot do paint matching or something like that? Also what would be a cheap spray gun I could buy that would work. I don't want to buy an expensive one if I'm just gonna use it for this.

What would be a good place to get paint to paint the mid soles? Does loews or home depot do paint matching or something like that? Also what would be a cheap spray gun I could buy that would work. I don't want to buy an expensive one if I'm just gonna use it for this.
I used angelus shoe paint...

And i got a $10 spray gun from harbor frieght..
Check out my video, i show my set up.. same username on youtube

I used angelus shoe paint...

And i got a $10 spray gun from harbor frieght..
Check out my video, i show my set up.. same username on youtube

Which kit did you order from angelus? Or did you order one of their premade paints?

I made ot myself.. i ordered black and white..

The other two im not sure i can take pictures of them when i get home..

I made ot myself.. i ordered black and white..

The other two im not sure i can take pictures of them when i get home..

I already have nike mag emblems. But if you can find out what you ordered for the splatter on the mid soles I would appreciate it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back