Halloween costumes air mag conversion

Any one have the intructions on how to put markpoons light straps togather I got them and mis placed them

Not bought the kit, bit from what I can tell from images, it is coin cell battery powering a 3V inverter and a small sheet of EL. There seems to be a switch in there as well.

The EL sheet does not seem to care about polarity, the inverter will not work if fed power to the negative terminal. You can switch either the positive of the negative battery line. Makes no difference.

after a lot of reading and learning about the Air Mags here in this Thread, i finally started to mod my pair :)

i also buys Mark´s Decal & Lightning Kit - but first i wanted to change the Color in a more authentic movie paint.

sanded it with 400 Sandpaper and used TAMAIYA Sprapaint , its perfect for this type of rubber material

what do you think , does is look better with the new color and splash effects (made with my finger & short Brush)

IMG_3462.JPG

Basecoat 3 times - then the Splash Effect - then Finish matte coat

IMG_3467.JPG

original HC vs Custom Color

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

Done with the first one, already started the second :)

hi I kinda joined this thread late but I'm actually done modding my mags I used Cavx's clear sole and GITD straps and I also did the sock toe slim mod. I actually have a second pair and will do doing an el and led mod soon.:D For my sole during the day I use the default led that come with the shoe when it's night time I switch to the GITD stuff

IMG_2029.JPGimage.pngIMG_2014.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender1.jpg

Hey Guys, I know I kind of joined this thread late but i've been looking at this forum for over a year now (yeah a very long time lol) to make sure that I have everything I need to mod my hc mags. I want to repaint my soles as i'm waiting for my el tape to come in the mail for my soles / ankle buckle to come in the mail. I would just like advice on what paint I should buy.
Thanks. (Please take into consideration i'm new to the rpf and kind of a noob :unsure)

Hello! Just joined, I got a pair of Halloween costume Nike mags for a simple Marty costume I did this last Halloween, I recently ordered a set of rubber swooshes and lettering from Mark poon on eBay. Can anyone recommend a good glue to attach them? I first though superglue but I figured that would be a bad idea since it isn't really flexible.

Hello! Just joined, I got a pair of Halloween costume Nike mags for a simple Marty costume I did this last Halloween, I recently ordered a set of rubber swooshes and lettering from Mark poon on eBay. Can anyone recommend a good glue to attach them? I first though superglue but I figured that would be a bad idea since it isn't really flexible.

I used E6000 for mine on the swoosh and for the letters I used a gel type superglue but just a dab not too much.

I just used loctite superglue, a small amount, thinly applied to the decal and spread evenly. Those suckers are never coming off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, I know I kind of joined this thread late but i've been looking at this forum for over a year now (yeah a very long time lol) to make sure that I have everything I need to mod my hc mags. I want to repaint my soles as i'm waiting for my el tape to come in the mail for my soles / ankle buckle to come in the mail. I would just like advice on what paint I should buy.
Thanks. (Please take into consideration i'm new to the rpf and kind of a noob :unsure)

The EL tape sounds interesting, is it already connected and the Nike logo on it?

hi I kinda joined this thread late but I'm actually done modding my mags I used Cavx's clear sole and GITD straps and I also did the sock toe slim mod. I actually have a second pair and will do doing an el and led mod soon.:D For my sole during the day I use the default led that come with the shoe when it's night time I switch to the GITD stuff

View attachment 557471View attachment 557472View attachment 557473View attachment 557474View attachment 557476

Wow, the new sole lights look great!

How exactly did you do that? Do you need a whole new sole? And where did you get the lights from? Love the blue colour much better than the standard one which looks too purple!

Wow, the new sole lights look great!

How exactly did you do that? Do you need a whole new sole? And where did you get the lights from? Love the blue colour much better than the standard one which looks too purple!

hi Kevzie the sole were done by taking off the old yellowed soles and placing on Cavx's clear soles and using the glow in the dark stuff Cavx sells with the soles. The main idea of keeping the old electronics to charge the glow in the dark. When constructing the clear soles I cut the glow in the dark material in an el shape ! I looks just like el but it's just glow in the dark material.

hi Kevzie the sole were done by taking off the old yellowed soles and placing on Cavx's clear soles and using the glow in the dark stuff Cavx sells with the soles. The main idea of keeping the old electronics to charge the glow in the dark. When constructing the clear soles I cut the glow in the dark material in an el shape ! I looks just like el but it's just glow in the dark material.

Thanks Prime. I may have to get in touch with Cavx about the soles and GITD.

That's a great idea keeping the old lights in to charge them up, but how do you switch between the two?

That's a great idea keeping the old lights in to charge them up, but how do you switch between the two?

You don't switch. The GITD glows in the dark and needs a bright light to fully "charge" it. It fades down to a less intense glow but will hold that level for several hours. Having a light behind will just keep it glowing bright.

The EL tape sounds interesting, is it already connected and the Nike logo on it?

I haven't got the el tape in the mail yet but the plan is to feed it to the back of the strap with a nike logo on it, I'd have to print the Nike logo myself though.

Some pictures of the inside of the HC shoe :

0 - HC Inside 1.jpg 0 - HC Inside 2.jpg 0 - HC Inside 3.jpg

As you can see, there is 7 layers =
• Grey fabric
• Foam glued to the Grey fabric
• The toe box
• A white tissu that maintain the foam
• A grey fabric around the laces
• Another layer of Foam (Not as big as the first one)
• The inside Grey fabric

Basicllay the whole idea is to keep the every thing in the shoe buttons, leds, etc I use the LEDs during the day charging the GITD when it is night time I just turn off the lights

As you can see, there is 7 layers =
• Grey fabric
• Foam glued to the Grey fabric
• The toe box
• A white tissu that maintain the foam
• A grey fabric around the laces
• Another layer of Foam (Not as big as the first one)
• The inside Grey fabric

Wow, no wonder they felt so chunky. Goanna have to pull most of that out, I think.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back