Halloween costumes air mag conversion

How i painted my shoes :) https://youtu.be/aI7_8yQTAKc
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nice. That looks really good. When I repainted my midsoles, I just used a brush to give multiple coats of a textile paint (made for painting clothes, so I knew it would flex) which I watered down so the brush marks wouldn't show. It took ages (doing in segments, thin coats so I wouldn't lose the material texture) and I never did bother with the splatter. Next pair I get maybe. :D

Hi all. New here too. I jumped on a pair of HC mags which I got today. After reading some posts on here I've done the toe box mod. Very happy with the results! 20151030_211959-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20151030_161105-1.jpg
    20151030_161105-1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
I am actually starting to like these smooth sides. Wish they would lose the stitching on the straps. I don't even mind that they don't have a SWOOSH.

Just watched your video. Job well done.
Thanks bro, appreciate it...
nice. That looks really good. When I repainted my midsoles, I just used a brush to give multiple coats of a textile paint (made for painting clothes, so I knew it would flex) which I watered down so the brush marks wouldn't show. It took ages (doing in segments, thin coats so I wouldn't lose the material texture) and I never did bother with the splatter. Next pair I get maybe. :D
Thanks bro... i used all angelus products, i figured if theyre good enough for jordans then they should be for my mags too lol.. and yeah i didnt want any texture besides rhe one the shoe has, so had to spray.

Hi all. New here too. I jumped on a pair of HC mags which I got today. After reading some posts on here I've done the toe box mod. Very happy with the results!View attachment 548031

Looks nice. , good job. With a decal set and el strap on they would look the bees knees.

I really want a smooth pair but not worth the lottery yet to order and see what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. , good job. With a decal set and el strap on they would look the bees knees.

I really want a smooth pair but not worth the lottery yet to order and see what I get.

Thanks. Yeah ordered the MP decal set and EL strap the same day but still waiting for those to arrive, hopefully next week. Will do some updated pictures along the way

Last edited:

So I ordered the sticker Nike strap decals and they look fine but eventually when I have the money is like to get the EL straps. Can these work with the stock HC straps? I don't mind the look of them personally so if I don't have to buy leather and create my own straps I'd prefer that route. Thanks!!!

PS my MP rubber decals are coming in the mail soon. Can't wait!

Thanks bro, appreciate it...

Thanks bro... i used all angelus products, i figured if theyre good enough for jordans then they should be for my mags too lol.. and yeah i didnt want any texture besides rhe one the shoe has, so had to spray.

Just note, the paint on Jordans still cracks. Might take between 6 and 12 months to do, so.

Just note, the paint on Jordans still cracks. Might take between 6 and 12 months to do, so.
Yeah.. i know...i need to reso them anyways..since i burned some when taking off the rubber to do the el lights

Hi all. New here too. I jumped on a pair of HC mags which I got today. After reading some posts on here I've done the toe box mod. Very happy with the results!View attachment 548031

Hi, seem that every new purchased shoes from HC are the ones without stripes on the side... I just got mines 2 days ago and they're the same.
And I did the same modification but the rest of the shoe it is still too bulky for me. Any advice to reduce this aspect ?

PS : my next modification will be the swoosh : but I can't find a tutorial on the method to fix it on the shoe.
After that, probably the strap work... :behave

Hi, seem that every new purchased shoes from HC are the ones without stripes on the side... I just got mines 2 days ago and they're the same.
And I did the same modification but the rest of the shoe it is still too bulky for me. Any advice to reduce this aspect ?

PS : my next modification will be the swoosh : but I can't find a tutorial on the method to fix it on the shoe.
After that, probably the strap work... :behave

The only way to slim these shoes will be to open the uppers and remove the excess foam. You won't be able to steam it as it will most likely crinkle.

The only way to slim these shoes will be to open the uppers and remove the excess foam. You won't be able to steam it as it will most likely crinkle.

Ok, that's what I was thinking of, but I'm too afraid of ruining the whole shoe as it is my first atempt
Do you have some picture of this operation or a link? By remove excess foam, you mean detach the entire shoe from the sole and get rid of all of it?
Isn't it too soft? I mean, it will be only fabric left inside?

Oh, and for the swoosh, any idea ? I've seen a lot of swoosh glueing on this forum but never find out the complete process :confused is it just appliying some glue?

Ok, that's what I was thinking of, but I'm too afraid of ruining the whole shoe as it is my first atempt
Do you have some picture of this operation or a link? By remove excess foam, you mean detach the entire shoe from the sole and get rid of all of it?
Isn't it too soft? I mean, it will be only fabric left inside?

Oh, and for the swoosh, any idea ? I've seen a lot of swoosh glueing on this forum but never find out the complete process :confused is it just appliying some glue?

So yeah, this is what you have to weight up. Do you want your shoes self supporting or soft and floppy, because if you take out the foam they will slump. To do this will require full removal of the upper. As for it being your first attempt, then join the club. Most of us learned by hacking shoes (the V2s) costing 2.5x these and managed to get them back together. what I have learned is not to remove the whole upper in one go, rather remove 2/3rds the first time, glue that back down and then remove the last 1/3rd.

Yes you just glue the swoosh on. Just remember that any split glue will leave a mark, so be sure you know where it is going first. I think back when I did the MP MAGs, my swooshes were self adhesive, but they still needed superglue.

The steam irom method works best. I recommend going slowly and having a few goes at it rather than trying to do it all in one hit. So in saying that do your first effort, leave for a few hours until completely set than run the iron over them again making sure you massage the shoes to your desired shape along the way. I did 2 runs in mine and very happy with how they turned out. It also depends on which part you say is bulky? I wouldnt mess around with the rest of the shoe too much, it is only a costume shoe so anything other than the steam method is going to take some serious mods

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back