Hal 9000 and Odyssey control panel

futurepast

Hey there, returning after 10 years, started making stuff again. But I only move when the spirit moves me so not hugely productive these days.

I had a fairly boring shelf full of semi redundant PC stuff I keep around for... reasons.
Anyway it was a little boring and needed to be spiced up a bit. I had Recently made the Hal 9000 Moebius kit which worked really well as a centerpiece for my new PC setup. The old stuff looked very dated so I pushed that envelope and used a set design feature from a movie made in 1968. I've always had a thing for retro super computer design and this was the perfect excuse.

The panel itself is MDF/Craftwood, 3mm face plate, 12mm middle support panel, 6mm rear panel. 3mm Leds for small buttons, 12 volt strips for the larger lights. Used a drop saw and Jigsaw for the middle and back and just a Stanley knife to cut the 3mm sheet holes by hand. The rest is just paint, little tiny letters, masking tape, patience and attention to detail. Hope you get a kick out of it. Other build pics available.

IMG_E7865.JPG
IMG_7949.JPG
IMG_8078.JPG
IMG_E9958.JPG
IMG_E9982.JPG
IMG_E9981.JPG

Cheers for looking!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back