Guardians of the Galaxy Chris Pratt Star-Lord Costume Build (pic heavy)

Love the Helmet btw!
So how did you bend the little peaces from the kit, Im a little scared to do anything with them but kinda have to.
I though about using a heat gun but not sure how it will react.
I do have the same kit, from, davey
I used a heat gun to bend the parts but be very careful it is easy to burn them or split them. The biggest problem I had was with the parts near the mouth because they slit easy along the seem in the center. The thing I took the most time with was getting the parts on the side to fit properly. Do lots of test fits with them and the aluminum rods. Thankfully Davy sends a few of those small parts because he knows there are going to be some mistakes.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

I just started putting together a Star-Lord outfit for Halloween and probably later con use, and this thread as been super helpful! The only things I've been having issues with are the boots and finding a good walkman to use without breaking the bank. I'm probably going to be heading to my local thrift store to see what I can find, or otherwise just find something that's close enough on ebay.

Anyway, I thought that anyone who got their hands on a good walkman that works too might be interested in this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/197970...galaxy-awesome-mix-vol?ref=shop_home_active_1

Hopefully I'l be able to find a working walkman! Being able to actually play the music would be too awesome.

Yeah, I'm still shopping around for more accurate things, but the pre-loaded music stood out to me. Though once it's in a player I'm not sure enough of the features that distinguish it as the wrong brand would be visible for it to annoy me that much, personally.

Someone asked me a while back about some better pictures of my Davy helmet so here you go :D
20140829_231011.jpg20140829_231051.jpg20140829_231024.jpg20140829_231031.jpg20140906_171504.jpg20140906_171450.jpg

Seriously getting quite defeatist about my Star Lord cosplay now. the con i want to take it to is less than two months away but I haven't found a solution to the coat/jacket issue yet. I really want to cosplay Star Lord with the long coat but the only one I've found is the cosplaysky one. I'm put off by the price which seems a little high for faux leather but also because I can't find any real reviews or pictures of what it looks like on someone. I could go the jacket way and order the leather one which would probably be more durable and maybe even cheaper but then I want some swoosh. The longer I wait to decide, the less likely it is that it will arrive in time too.

I wasn't overly thrilled with my foam helmet so I went with the cast mentioned in this thread. I've never painted a cast before, and I don't have an airbrush. Any advice? I'm not opposed to painting by hand, but I don't know if that is recommended.

Aside from that I have two early pictures of the trench coat I'm working where I modified an old Simplicity Matrix pattern. Although not screen accurate, I really liked the pants I found due to the dark metallic grey color that has a worn look with burgundy coming through.

FullSizeRender[1].jpgIMG_1827.JPGIMG_1837.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Hey DTLSchiller, Can you share what colors you used to paint the mask?
Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, but look at post #128 of this thread for the colors.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't overly thrilled with my foam helmet so I went with the cast mentioned in this thread. I've never painted a cast before, and I don't have an airbrush. Any advice? I'm not opposed to painting by hand, but I don't know if that is recommended.

Aside from that I have two early pictures of the trench coat I'm working where I modified an old Simplicity Matrix pattern. Although not screen accurate, I really liked the pants I found due to the dark metallic grey color that has a worn look with burgundy coming through.

View attachment 379839View attachment 379840View attachment 379841View attachment 379838
Looking Good, hope to see how it turns out!

- - - Updated - - -

Someone in another thread has the cosplaysky jacket. I can't remember who though.
I have the cosplaysky short jacket, but mine was their first one that I personally commissioned and then they changed it and put it on the site. Personally I thought the one they made for me was a bit closer but o well.

- - - Updated - - -

who did you buy the helmet from?
I bought a kit from Davy. I linked to his contact on post #92.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back