Guardians of the Galaxy Chris Pratt Star-Lord Costume Build (pic heavy)

The maker for that is actually another RPF member offering those via Etsy and 501st and here in the forums. Talsiri's a great guy.

Due to the fragility of the 'struts' on the rockets, it's not able to be cast without some real problems. Therefore, it has to be 3D printed and assembled. $100 is understandable, if expensive.

Oh, cool--thanks! Yeah, I've never worked with 3D printed materials so I have no clue how much stuff costs. I'll probably think about picking them up from him, then.

Nice work, cant wait to get mine going.

Attachments

• pants.jpg
    pants.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 884
  • shirt.jpg
    shirt.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I just ordered my bucket from Davy and can't wait to get started! It seems you used a lot of filler! Were there that many imperfections? Bubbles? Rough spots?B-)

I figured I should post last nights work so heres what I got done.
I did pit filling with CA glue and a flat hobby blade then painted with a filler primer.
View attachment 352521After the primer dried I started sanding.

Istarted with a dry 220 grit and got all the rough surface of then started wet sanding.
View attachment 352522View attachment 352523
The sanding when as follows.
Started with a quick wet 220, moved to 320, 400, and I went up to 800.
View attachment 352524It took something like 2-3 hours of sanding to get the final finish.
I used a lot of sandpaper...:lol
View attachment 352525
The finish turned out great and I'll get more paint in the next few days to paint it. In the mean time I'll get all the little bits prepped and finish up the jets.View attachment 352526View attachment 352529
View attachment 352527View attachment 352530

Yeah where on earth do, you get the pants, and another issue is the rocket buttons on the pants, the circle thing on the jacket forearm
and there's something on the upper left arm I can't find pics of, and finding a way to get the belt buckle made

Where did you get the 3D printed kit from? Trying to source it but no luck yet [emoji22]
I got the kit from Kevin Gossett, he charged $40 I think. If you get it from him ask him to print in grey, some of my parts came in red and were a pain to paint over.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get the Pants?
The pants are just some good Levis. Here is the link:http://www.amazon.com/Levis-Mens-Sk...11&sr=8-1&keywords=511™+Slim+Fit+Line+8+Jeans

Yeah where on earth do, you get the pants, and another issue is the rocket buttons on the pants, the circle thing on the jacket forearm
and there's something on the upper left arm I can't find pics of, and finding a way to get the belt buckle made
The rocket buttons on the pants I haven't gotten to yet but I'm working on it, and the patches on the jacket I need to have made or get a different jacket. I had the jacket made from early pictures before the film came out and there were no pics at the time of the arm patches. There are a few people here on the ref that have made belt buckles already.

There are 3D models in the Project Runs forum by sauer33 of the buckle, rocket controls, and arm patch. I'm going to be mastering the buckle and rocket control soon to offer cold casts as well

Thought id post a photo to help with the pants and jacket of his flight suit setup. In the photo the hip holster is the same as on his black pants.
Jacket-pants.jpg

I just ordered my bucket from Davy and can't wait to get started! It seems you used a lot of filler! Were there that many imperfections? Bubbles? Rough spots?B-)
The helmet wasn't to bad, after getting rid of the flash and cutting out the eyes it had a few small holes from air bubbles in the casting but I filled those with a small amount of CA glue and then sprayed the whole thing with filler primer and gave it a good wet sanding.
All and all its a really good helmet and shows the quality.

Hey, I was doing the same thing and saw your post. I actually ordered a coat from fjackets and it just came today. I'm very happy with it. Real leather, nice fit and completely comfortable.
Just an FYI, I've been doing costumes for about 10 years, so I'm no newbie. Just thought that might help with your decision.
Have a good one.
Below are pics of my "budget helmet". I'd like to spend more on it, but I'm waiting to see if the movie does well enough to pump in more money.
The light for the eyes are $1.00 party bracelets from Walmart in the kids section.

View attachment 308779View attachment 308780

Fantastic budget work.....looks great.

Its been a day or too since I posted progress because I have been working on it and keep forgetting to upload the pics I've taken :lol so here is what the past couple days and an all nighted have gotten me.
So to start I got the rest of the jet parts in the mail and acetoned them and started building them. I also finished the first one.
View attachment 354153View attachment 354154
I also started painting the helmet and got a great color mix for the yellow.
View attachment 354155
Them painted the silver( flat aluminum)
View attachment 354156
got all of the small detail parts ready.
View attachment 354157These things were a pain! I wondered why davy sent 2 sets of these small parts and I now understand why. I broke like three different ones. And I still had to use ca glue to fill cracks and gaps on the good ones.
So after a two hour tape job… I got something pretty great!
View attachment 354158View attachment 354159
It looks good but it still needs some touch up painting, the detail parts, lenses, lights, and padding. but I am really happy with it :D
I'll be finishing the last painting today and I'm going to let it cure for 24 hours and then apply an automotive clear coat.
What do you guys think?

Love the Helmet btw!
So how did you bend the little peaces from the kit, Im a little scared to do anything with them but kinda have to.
I though about using a heat gun but not sure how it will react.
I do have the same kit, from, davey

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back