Green Goblin with Glider - Finished!

Re: Green Goblin Comic Verison Costume with Glider

Here is how the stencil came out. I will be using this as an outline to cut the wings out of sheet metal.

Been working on the metal sheets all morning. Here is what I have so far. Am considering mounting two small skateboards underneath and repositioning the wheels.

Very cool, have you considered cutting small studs and attatching them underneath the glider wings? This way you could attatch castors at 4 points and have the ability to move side to side as well as diagonally, just a thought

Very cool, have you considered cutting small studs and attatching them underneath the glider wings? This way you could attatch castors at 4 points and have the ability to move side to side as well as diagonally, just a thought

I have not thought about that. Definitely going to look into that. Thanks for the idea. Ultimately i want to be able to move in all directions.

That mask is probably the closest thing to the Green Goblin that Ive seen so far.... It literally looks JUST like the comic! I think it would be worth the price to buy!

That mask is probably the closest thing to the Green Goblin that Ive seen so far.... It literally looks JUST like the comic! I think it would be worth the price to buy!

I have to agree. That mask is pretty sick. I am waiting until I finish the glider before investing in it.

Here is my Goblin mask. I found the mask locally, around $20, I think. Then, repaint and added the hood. Starting to work on the outfit now.

I did manage to find a mask on eBay. It's not too bad looking. I am up and have finally started this project again. Only 28 days til Dragon*Con which this well make its debut.

Here is what I found on ebay for mask. This will tie me over until I can make or get a custom CFX mask.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 367

I would like to give a huge shout out to RPF Member carl9149 for assisting me on the goblin design for costume. I am aiming for the comic style version not the McDonald's happy meal version that we saw in Spider-man movie. The print was sent to Custom Printed Fabric - Fabric on Demand. Here are the images of the costume design again courtesy of carl9149.

- - - Updated - - -

I do need some assistance on gloves and boots. What it looks like is that the gloves appear to be satin material for the wrinkle effect. I found white satin gloves on amazon which could be dyed purple. The problem is matching the purple with boots and gloves. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2-2_zps712ee2b6.png
    2-2_zps712ee2b6.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 3-2_zps25de211e.png
    3-2_zps25de211e.png
    362.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 1-2_zps4a52aec0-1.png
    1-2_zps4a52aec0-1.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 648
  • 4-1_zps1fc42e5d.png
    4-1_zps1fc42e5d.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 160

if the costume hasn't been printed i'd suggest asking carl to make the the legs and glove section of the costume all scales and then printing the gloves and boots separate if the gloves and boots are separate they will wrinkle and sag slightley ust like the costume in the comics i have in mind the goblin being the villain in the sequel to my current spiderman show if i do it i would have 2 prints one scales all over and the the top trunks gloves and boots separate so that it would all move on the costume like real clothing i always picture the goblin as not wearing a full costume but osborn turns into the goblin skin wise and then puts the purple stuff on i know thats not how the comic book shows it but it's how i picture it almost a mix of ultimate and amazing
I would like to give a huge shout out to RPF Member carl9149 for assisting me on the goblin design for costume. I am aiming for the comic style version not the McDonald's happy meal version that we saw in Spider-man movie. The print was sent to Custom Printed Fabric - Fabric on Demand. Here are the images of the costume design again courtesy of carl9149.

- - - Updated - - -

I do need some assistance on gloves and boots. What it looks like is that the gloves appear to be satin material for the wrinkle effect. I found white satin gloves on amazon which could be dyed purple. The problem is matching the purple with boots and gloves. Any ideas?

Thank you. The design came in and it looks good on the lycra fabric. I just sent it to the tailor shop for stitching. Hopefully it will look good and be done on time. It suppose to be two weeks which puts in one day before we leave for Dragon Con. Talk about close. This gives me two weeks to complete the glider. I will post up pictures of the plywood in the next couple of days. I decided to draw the outline on plywood and cut it out. I am going to mount the plywood to the scooter. Already have the bat head cut out.

On another note, I need to start working on my pumpkin bombs. So much to do and so little time....sigh!

What's your plan for the satchel and belt? Gotta have some razor bats in the mix too bro!

Very interested in seeing how this turns out - love the comic costume on this and done well it should look like you jumped off the pages.

I have been on the search for a good side bag. It appears that it is a hip bag of some sort. There are many different color schemes that I can choose however, I am going for the original comic version where he is carrying a brown hip bag as well as wearing a brown belt. I have been up and down my town checking good will and thrift shops. Even been looking online for ideas. I might have to make something similar from scratch. On amazon i came across this one: Amazon.com: Genuine Natural Leather Wallet Bag + Starp Man Waist Pouch Sling Backpack Cellphone Hip Free Shipping !: Everything Else. I haven't been able to find a good close up picture of the bag to replicate it.

If anyone has any ideas for the hip bag please let me know. As for the belt that will be easy to find a leather belt.

I finally found my boots. The style is perfect. Now it is time to fabric them once they come in. The one thing that I need to be careful is that my purple fabric matches my gloves.

Although the stress level is going up, I feel that things are slowly starting to come together.

Attachments

• Green Boots.jpg
    Green Boots.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 250

Gloves are in. Now it's time to head to the fabric store to match the purple and make the boots and cuffs.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back