Old vs New Do3D Green Goblin Helmet comparison

PhantomForge

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently purchased the full suit of Goblin armor over at Do3D, and I already had their old model from years ago, so I thought I'd post a few comparison shots of their old helmet (that they now have posted for free), and their new helmet for anyone who's thinking about getting one of these.

You'd think that they'd just modify the old model, or at least use it as reference, but it looks like it's a completely new sculpt.

Old is on left, new is on right.
Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 1.49.03 PM.png

Old
Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 1.49.17 PM.png

New
Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 1.49.29 PM.png

And now a look at the one in the movie
97163f76d46f5a0fb6c3d981bc376759.png
Picture_044.jpeg
3nu0gtf6xd381.jpeg

This side by side of the differences is something I was looking for, so I hope this helps anyone looking at the models and trying to decide which to get, happy to provide more photos of different angles if requested.

I wonder if someone is going to offer casts of these. TJackFX here makes cast of the old version. Fingers crossed he or someone does a run of the new one.

Just to add to the comparisons, here are two more models that are available:

View attachment 1628384
Left is by LeonardoMn on Etsy and the right is by Vek3D.
And I was just about to purchase the Vek3D file after being sold on it, now I have another file to consider! What a time to be a Raimi Green Goblin fan.

Maybe I'll just have to buy them all, print them all, and do a printed side by side comparison of all of them (though I can guess what's going to come out on top in that comparison)

I wonder if someone is going to offer casts of these. TJackFX here makes cast of the old version. Fingers crossed he or someone does a run of the new one.
I guess that depends on if LeonardoMN or Vek3D would give permission to someone for that.

I think the new version has modelled in some parallaxing that makes it look a bit bloated in the face in the OP. That other models look okay but I don't know for sure. I think they may be more influenced by the NWH look (which I wasn't too crazy one either).

It's funny how the costume was nearly unanimously despised back with the first film came out and now people cherish it as "iconic." I'm still iffy on it myself to this day. Although, I'd love to do a real, old-school sculpt of this one day just to do the original justice (as it was a hand-sculpt itself).

I think the new version has modelled in some parallaxing that makes it look a bit bloated in the face in the OP. That other models look okay but I don't know for sure. I think they may be more influenced by the NWH look (which I wasn't too crazy one either).

It's funny how the costume was nearly unanimously despised back with the first film came out and now people cherish it as "iconic." I'm still iffy on it myself to this day. Although, I'd love to do a real, old-school sculpt of this one day just to do the original justice (as it was a hand-sculpt itself).
I'm glad it's grown on people. I loved it as a kid, and then later still loved the suit/gluider, but was a bit iffy on the mask (I still liked it but didn't like that we don't get to see Willem Dafoe's face as he performs as the goblin. It's a crime) and I always liked it better than the weird snowboard mask they went with in 3.

Green Goblin is an incredibly tricky costume/mask to do in live action adaptation, I appreciate what they were trying to go for in the 2002 movie and feel it's still the best of the Goblin depictions up until No Way Home.

Green Goblin is an incredibly tricky costume/mask to do in live action adaptation, I appreciate what they were trying to go for in the 2002 movie and feel it's still the best of the Goblin depictions up until No Way Home.

I say scrap the whole costume concept completely. I always thought it would be great to make the Green Goblin like Mr. Jekyll/Hyde (after all, that's what he's based on) and have Osborne actually physically transform into a green monster with yellow eyes, kinda like how some cartoons did it (Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends) and later the "Ultimate" comics, rather than it be a suit for military purposes but still keeping his glider and toys; the Goblin becoming a more fearsome and unruly creature the more he transforms. A creature of keen intellect without inhibitions and any concept of morals and ethics. That's just my opinion.

Still, love to make the helmet the old-fashioned way one day, just to get the topic back on track.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back