Green Goblin with Glider - Finished!

Jellyhugo

I am attempting to make the green goblin comic style costume with infamous glider. This could either be epic or epic fail. Green goblin has always been one of my favorite villains. Obliviously #1 being Magneto. I would definitely would like any insight on how I can bring this costume to life. I already started work on the glider.

Last edited:
Re: Green Goblin Comic with Glider

I spent about two hours at Lowes today trying to figure out how to make the glider. I was trying to think in my mind how I was going to be able to maneuver it as well as make it like the goblins. Here is what I got.

I will probably have to make it flat. However, I am thinking about either mounting wheels underneath to move it like you would on rollerblades. Another idea that I had was possible somehow mounting an electric scooter so I can move it around where the bat's head would be.

Will the glider be angled up or flat?

I will probably have to make it flat. However, I am thinking about either mounting wheels underneath to move it like you would on rollerblades. Another idea that I had was possible somehow mounting an electric scooter so I can move it around where the bat's head would be.

Here is the start of the construction. If you noticed the small cut 2x4. I was planning on mounting it near the wing to block my boot from slipping off. It's strong enough that if I moved my legs back and forth "ride it like on skates" it should move just find. Obliviously this is wishful thinking at the moment.

Last edited:

:0 that looks AWSOME! Good luck with the glider man, I'm gonna be watching this thread VERY close, not often you see a cool GG suit let alone with a glider.

You could use two scooters, one under each wing, and operate it as you would a zero turn mower... activate both to go forward, only the left to turn right, and vice versa. Foot stirrups with a magnetic contact with leads that go up the legs and back of the suit with controls in the gloves. That way you don't have some clunky remote and the glider is only able to be operated by The Green Goblin.

EDIT: It's just a theory I've seen in repeated Iron Man builds using earth magnets to interrupt and complete circuits... on paper it looks good anyway lol

:0 that looks AWSOME! Good luck with the glider man, I'm gonna be watching this thread VERY close, not often you see a cool GG suit let alone with a glider.

Thanks man I really appreciate it. Between my Doc Ock and Mr Freeze this will be my biggest challenge.

Last edited:

You could use two scooters, one under each wing, and operate it as you would a zero turn mower... activate both to go forward, only the left to turn right, and vice versa. Foot stirrups with a magnetic contact with leads that go up the legs and back of the suit with controls in the gloves. That way you don't have some clunky remote and the glider is only able to be operated by The Green Goblin.

EDIT: It's just a theory I've seen in repeated Iron Man builds using earth magnets to interrupt and complete circuits... on paper it looks good anyway lol

LOL. That is an interesting idea none the less. I will write that down as well. A few other thoughts was mounting rollerblades or skates underneath the wings to move but, I also thought about mounting two small skateboards and repositioning the wheels for easier movement. Working on my stencil for the "bat" right now.

I love this concept. I was really let down when I saw the live action Goblin wearing armor. Norman's original Goblin is one of those iconic characters that just shouldn't be messed with unless they're gonna do it justice. I think Defoe had the character down, but the costume sucked. Just my opinion. Keep the updates coming cause I'm subscribing!

Re: Green Goblin Comic Costume with Glider

Thanks bustermedic. I should have a stencil for the bat wings by Monday. My first attempt at stenciling the batwing failed miserably. When I started to make the cuts, I was picturing it my head however I was cutting the entire glider out instead of the wings. I blame the rum and cokes that I had the night before.

Last edited:

I would use two remote control motors and rig up the board to be used with the pedals where you would stand. You would have to build chassis that would be able to support the weight of you and the board and motors strong enough to move you forward of course, that may be more of a challenge.

Couple ideas

I would use two remote control motors and rig up the board to be used with the pedals where you would stand. You would have to build chassis that would be able to support the weight of you and the board and motors strong enough to move you forward of course, that may be more of a challenge.

Couple ideas

I appreciate the ideas. I thought about either mounting a wheel to a 1" PVC pipe and mount the other pipe to it to give an "angle effect". Or buy a razor scooter and cut it in down for a stronger support. Trying work on stencil some more today. (Been busy with my master degree, work, & relationship issues). There is not too much more that I can cram in a day. Lol

Re: Green Goblin Comic Verison Costume with Glider

Construction has finally begun. Today I created a stencil to use for the glider. I used construction paper that I found at my local dollar store.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back