There were already two official replicas. Unobtanium made one in 2002. Then Gentle Giant made one in 2007 for Spider-Man 3. I have the Gentle Giant one and it's very oversized. The Unobtanium bomb looks nicer but it's very hard to find.

View attachment 1524455View attachment 1524456
Thanks, yeah I was aware of those back when the Raimi trilogy were released. I meant an updated release to coincide with No Way Home. Let's be honest Sony are going to milk the merchandising to death for their first ever $1 billion Spidey film (thanks to Feige and Marvel's creative input). Just wondering if there had been whispers of another official replica anywhere?

After more research, it looks like the bottom ring either wasn't there or was painted copper for the hero prop/special effects back in 2002.

Shots of Sam Raimi rolling around the hero prop
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.03.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.03.35 PM.png

Shots of what seem to be the stunt prop (you can see the bottom ring is white in this one shot, perhaps not yet painted or perhaps worn down from use/rehearsal— although I'm skeptical of this since the top rings are ALSO painted copper, so not incredibly reliable for the hero prop.
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.00.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.00.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.01.33 PM.png

And these seem to be the same hollowed out prop as this:
EUYzs5ZXgAYXfh-.jpeg
EUYzs5XWoAETnjU.jpeg

And again the bottom is painted copper, but then again so is the top.

So the stunt props had the ring on the bottom, but the real question is if the hero prop does— the stunt props could have the ring, and they painted it copper because it's not supposed to actually be there.
I'm gonna assume the bottom has the ring unless proven otherwise.

lf.jpeg

Also, the more I look at that bomb from the Heritage auctions site... the more I think it's actually from Spider-Man 3. The screws don't match 2002, the rings have a height and taper not seen on the original prop, and the green ribbing between the cracks is a detail from 3, but missing from 1.

Noticed these haven't been posted so here's some more reference shots of the NWH bomb from the villains vignette
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.25.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.26.03 PM.png

Love that this looks scuffed up.

The NWH lightsaber is sort of like the graflex lightsaber in force awakens— the saber is a combination of the New Hope and Empire Strikes Back hilts, and this is a nice combination of the 2002 and 2007 bombs.

Thanks, yeah I was aware of those back when the Raimi trilogy were released. I meant an updated release to coincide with No Way Home. Let's be honest Sony are going to milk the merchandising to death for their first ever $1 billion Spidey film (thanks to Feige and Marvel's creative input). Just wondering if there had been whispers of another official replica anywhere?
I haven't heard anything yet, but I've been checking around because I, too, would love an official replica. Unfortunately, as far as about half an hour of google searching will take me, it doesn't seem as though anything is in the works.

Just chiming in for the updates to the thread. I want to get a very accurate model to print. I will run this on one of my resin printers so I don't have to deal with layer lines. I just want the most accurate 3D model I can get!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back