Green Goblin Movie Suit

After reading this post lots of times in the past, finally I have a really screen accurate Green Goblin helmet!! I have "belton flip flop effeklack spray" to paint it. I will upload any progress in it. Every suggestions, advices and/or tips are welcome. Thanks guys!!

IMG_20180928_225215.jpgIMG_20180928_225221.jpgIMG_20180928_225238.jpgIMG_20180928_225335.jpg

IMG_20180928_225215.jpg

IMG_20180928_225221.jpg

IMG_20180928_225238.jpg

IMG_20180928_225335.jpg

This is an extraordinary costume. I realize that some prefer alternate versions but as a child I found it rather fearsome, for the age group the film was targeting, I think the sculptors and designers nailed it.

I'm something of a paint collector and my interest tends to lie in how something is finished.

I'd like to ask if anybody has the definitive answer as to what the original paint used was?

I'd like to ask if anybody has the definitive answer as to what the original paint used was?

I was very curious about this for a long time, mostly for use on a different project, but curious nonetheless. When I worked at ADI, I asked Alec if he could recall the paint used, and unfortunately he didn’t. You’d have to try to get in touch with Eric Hayden, I believe he painted the original helmets. It has been so many years though, that info may be lost to time.

From what I understand they used a chrome or nickel silver base coat, and I believe they painted it green with the flip paint on top of that. I don’t believe the actual flip paint gave it the green color, but I could absolutely be wrong here.

Hello mates,

After long long time, I have had the time to almost complete the helmet (80%):

1572896030930.png
1572896015263.png
1572896003079.png

I painted it with car paint gun and vacuum formed the bubble lenses. I used Belton tornasol effect to achieve the violet paint tone.

Next step is backpart and putting a black mesh into the mouth.

I am going to open a forum because I want to create the full costume (99% screen accurate).
My idea is to set up a team in which people of (maybe) different countries can make each part of the suit, and then putting everything together and sell copies of our costume. Every person of the group will have their made part and the others, so everyone will have the full costume!

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't any seller that offers the full costume so... let's do it!!!

I have created a Facebook group to every interested people on the Green Goblin called "Green Goblin costumers and fans":

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I am going to open a forum because I want to create the full costume (99% screen accurate).
My idea is to set up a team in which people of (maybe) different countries can make each part of the suit, and then putting everything together and sell copies of our costume. Every person of the group will have their made part and the others, so everyone will have the full costume!

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't any seller that offers the full costume so... let's do it!!!

I have created a Facebook group to every interested people on the Green Goblin called "Green Goblin costumers and fans":

Thanks!!

Sounds like a good idea, I'd be in to help out.

open a forum?

a new domain name
hosting package
install 'forum' software..

all to work on a single suit design?

Lots of work.. cant it be done here in a new thread you create?

Thanks for your comments. Maybe yes, it's a better idea creating new thread because of the facilities. I'm about to create it!

IT IS READY!

Long text explanation, but I though it is necessary.

Let's take a look!

I've gotta get myself a helmet to finish up.

Does anybody know how I could acquire one?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back