Great movies almost wrecked by co-stars.

I agree about Natalie Portman. She didn't wreck it, but it was a poor performance. She's a research scientist, but then gushes like a school girl whenever Thor is near.

What, scientists aren't allowed to have libidos?

Natalie Portman as the love interest in Thor is WAY worse than Kat Dennings, in my opinion. I just got ZERO chemistry between her and Chris Hemsworth. Like, really, this is the woman you consider giving up your godly powers for? THIS woman? Portman's a talented actress, but she's just....wrong for that part.

Whether as written, directed or performed, her characterization was inconsistent--when Kat Dennings was ogling half-naked Thor, Natalie rolls her eyes....then is all hot for him later?! She falls for him AFTER he puts on a shirt? :lol

What, scientists aren't allowed to have libidos?

It certainly wasn't the case for Peter Venkman...

Whether as written, directed or performed, her characterization was inconsistent--when Kat Dennings was ogling half-naked Thor, Natalie rolls her eyes....then is all hot for him later?! She falls for him AFTER he puts on a shirt? :lol

I think it's a mix of the writing and the acting. The character just...annoys me. She seems so pointless. It's like, Thor's off kicking frost giant ass, then gets demoted to Earth-bound service, and THIS is the woman who convinces him to change his ways? The part's not written that well, but Portman just isn't believable in the role either.

I find kids in movies obnoxious 99% of the time

So do I, but somehow I don't hate Shorty. His introductory scene is lame, (with the Little Rascals gag of the blocks on the shoes and all), but he grew on me after that. Mind you, I also object to the character being there in the first place, but as executed, he mostly gets a pass from me. And they got me on the paternal thing they had...and I don't even want to be a father.

But would rather have had Wu Han along for the ride.

Oh holy crap, yes. Whoever thought Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder could share a screen with any of the actors in that movie needed someone to talk some sense into him.

Richard E. Grant, who played Dr. Stewart in Dracula, was interviewed in the UK and was asked if he used any special acting techniques to keep from laughing at Keanu Reeves' British accent.

So do I, but somehow I don't hate Shorty. His introductory scene is lame, (with the Little Rascals gag of the blocks on the shoes and all), but he grew on me after that. Mind you, I also object to the character being there in the first place, but as executed, he mostly gets a pass from me. And they got me on the paternal thing they had...and I don't even want to be a father.

But would rather have had Wu Han along for the ride.

Good point. There are some good moments between Indy and Shorty. The card playing scene for example.

And let's be honest, if any co-star 'ruined' ToD, it's Kate Capshaw and her incessant screaming.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back