Great movies almost wrecked by co-stars.

Hugo Weaving as Elrond in the Lord of the Rings.

I don't know why he just seemed so out of place cast as Elrond. I couldn't get the image of Agent Smith from the Matrix out of my head.

I'd also add Christian Bale doing Batman's voice. I always cringe. He makes a great Bruce Wayne, but I personally find when he is in costume doing the Batman voice it is embarrissing

Christian Bale in general hurts a movie, T salvation might have been salvageable if not for him. I'd love to hire Kevin Conroy to dub all of Bale's Batman lines with his batman voice :lol

I thought it was great casting. Reiser was the harmless seeming guy no one suspected of being evil, and then when he turns around as the corporate ******* and tried to implant Ripley and Newt (but who wouldn't want to implant Ripley?) and when he bailed on the Colonial Marines and ran face first into a warrior. Meanwhile, Ash was setup as maybe being the bad guy from the previous issues with the synthetics, and the way he was studying the facehuggers, but turns out he saves both Ripley and Newt from the platform just to get spiked by the *****.

The character as written was fine, the actor himself was a horrible choice.

Doug

Rob Schneider in Judge Dredd!

The movie starts. Nice Sets. Stallone seems to be doing a good job. Then Rob Schneider appears. Major Cringe of Hatred. Oh well, he'll just be there a few minutes, says I.

HA!

Ever time he appeared he destroyed that movie.

Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom.
I blame Spielberg and the writers for that; Capshaw just gave them the performance they wanted. But, yeah, Willie Scott ruins the movie for me every time, and it's my least favorite of the Indiana Jones quadrilogy.

Rob Schneider in Judge Dredd!

The movie starts. Nice Sets. Stallone seems to be doing a good job. Then Rob Schneider appears. Major Cringe of Hatred. Oh well, he'll just be there a few minutes, says I.

HA!

Ever time he appeared he destroyed that movie.

YES! Its almost as if you have to look away from the screen and cover your ears.....car crash!

lee

I blame Spielberg and the writers for that; Capshaw just gave them the performance they wanted. But, yeah, Willie Scott ruins the movie for me every time, and it's my least favorite of the Indiana Jones quadrilogy.

Agreed. Capshaw is fine, it's the writing of her character that is awful. The whole script is weak.

I agree, let's not forget how annoying Shortround is in the entire movie too.
Thank the maker someone else feels this way. That character is ridiculous. Indy's life is threatened on a regular basis, and he kills people wherever he goes, so, yeah, he'll bring a little kid along for the fun. Again, nothing against the actor, but Shortround is an unbelievably bad idea. "You call him Dr Jones, doll." Oy! The Jar-Jar of the Indy flms.

Thank the maker someone else feels this way. That character is ridiculous. Indy's life is threatened on a regular basis, and he kills people wherever he goes, so, yeah, he'll bring a little kid along for the fun. Again, nothing against the actor, but Shortround is an unbelievably bad idea. "You call him Dr Jones, doll." Oy! The Jar-Jar of the Indy flms.

I find kids in movies obnoxious 99% of the time and he for sure was thanks to that writing. I would laugh if they brought him back in the next indy movie all grown up.

Sharlto Copley in District 9. NEVER have I enjoyed a movie so much despite absolutely loathing the star of the film. I feel like his CG alien-self evokes more conviction in the last few moments of the film than he does the previous 130 minutes.

Totally agree!

AND she wasn't even hot in the last 2 movies! atleast in the first one she looked pretty good with that vibrant red hair and some curves...she looked anorexic in 2 and 3.

I agree about Natalie Portman. She didn't wreck it, but it was a poor performance. She's a research scientist, but then gushes like a school girl whenever Thor is near.
She acted more grown-up in Leon, when she was 12.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back