Give me your favorite 2019, 2018 and 2017 film for a chance to win The Making of Star Wars

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I have a used (but not abused) paperback copy of JW Rinzler's The Making of Star Wars. It is a big book and a great look at SW. I will randomly choose someone from this thread on Wednesday, 04.15.2020 and send them this book. To enter, all you need to do is post THREE movie titles, your favorite movie from 2019, 2018, and 2017.

IMG_1024.jpg

Very nice - thanks Art!

2017 - Darkest Hour
2018 - Solo
2019 - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Very difficult, though - for 2017 especially (War for the Planet of the Apes ties for personal favorite in my mind - amazing character development work).

Dan

2017 - Blade Runner 2049 (no luv for 2049?)
2018 - Ready Player One (VR junkie!)
2019 - Avengers Endgame

2017: Spider-Man: Homecoming (Logan close second)

One of the best Marvel movies to date (even going back before the MCU). It captured the spirit of Spider-Man so well and it featured a compelling villain. I could nitpick some things but overall it was great.

2018: Mission: Impossible-Fallout (Infinity War close second)

In a world of superheroes, it was nice getting a good old fashion action movie done right. Tom Cruise can still bring the goods.

2019: Ford vs Ferrari (Joker very close second)

A very underrated movie. Even if you know the story of Le Mans '66, you'll still be on the edge of your seat.

I'm all good on the book, Art, thank you(y). Just felt like participating.

Last edited:
Thank you for making this contest, very generous.

2017 Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi
2018 Solo: A Star Wars Story
2019 Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

Boring list compared to the variety in the others, I know, but while I enjoyed many other films the past few years whether it be from Marvel or elsewhere, I always come back to Star Wars. They are by no means "perfect" films, with these last three being more critical than ever before, but I love to pull them apart and debate all kinds of small stuff and "they should've done this" type of conversations. MYFBWY!

im gonna throw my hat into the ring too,
i love star wars, but not the new ones

so heres my stand out films

2017 Valerian and the city of a thousand planets
2018 Antman and the wasp
2019 Alita battle angel

2017 - Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (its a guilty pleasure movie, it makes me chuckle)
2018 - Ready Player One (I waited soooo long for this one and it was pretty terrific)
2019 - Avengers Endgame (I cheered in the theater. When was the last time you cheered in a theater?)

First thanks for doing this, is very cool!

2017 blade runner 2049

I liked a bit mora than the original, is really good

2018 infinity war

One of the most expected and did not disappoint

2019 joker

A freaking masterpiece of DC comics characters

thanks for doing this Art, it was fun, to be a part of (y)
interested to know what those films you havn't seen are,

I am Mother - never even heard of this
Mission Impossible: Fallout - not sure how I missed this one
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - just didn't seem interesting from the trailer but if someone (you) is willing to put it as their film of the year, I am willing to give it a shot

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back