Galileo

I just think it is humorous one particular person is trying to discredit the restoration as a "recreation " or whatever. It was clearly a restoration. And as Cessna Driver pointed out, the majority of the shuttle, by weight, is original. Yes CFR, what qualifies as a "restoration" is very broad when it comes to warbirds. Look at the rusted out hulks in way worse shape than Galileo with hardly any usable parts.

And since the museums we dealt with know what a restoration is, I think their opinion is a bit more credible than one fan, looking to take the luster off an incredible job.

I hate to even ask this as I created this thread as an appreciation thread but...
I am wondering what has happened to the original material taken from the prop. Was it scrapped?
I would hate to see original pieces of Galileo being placed in cheesy little glass containers with a COA that could be bought online that I would most certainly, most absolutely buy because I have to have one in my collection.

I hate to even ask this as I created this thread as an appreciation thread but...
I am wondering what has happened to the original material taken from the prop. Was it scrapped?
I would hate to see original pieces of Galileo being placed in cheesy little glass containers with a COA that could be bought online that I would most certainly, most absolutely buy because I have to have one in my collection.

He said they saved all the original wood above in his post.

What I mean in reference to this is the Masonite.

In this instance, I believe wood and masonite mean the same thing. And before someone posts they are not the same thing, I know they are not, but sometimes people will say something is wood when it is really masonite or the other way around.

You say shipped, but I'm gonna say she's gear up...

Houston approach, Shuttlecraft One Seven Zero One Dash Seven, 16 miles east, inbound for landing with information Echo.

"Dreams are maps." -Carl Sagan

You guys just saved one from being lost.

Can't gush enough in thanks.

QFT

What an incredible RESTORATION.... not just the physical ship, but also the memories and smiles she brings.

Looks great..............it is what it is and that's that.

Does remind me of:
"I have George Washington's original axe that chopped down the cherry tree, however the handle has been replaced 3 times and the head has been replaced twice."

Brings a tear to my eye (literally!) to see the Galileo back in action. I remember how sad and angry I felt when we all thought it had been bulldozed into oblivion in Ohio.

Just gorgeous! I know it's sort of like the TARDIS and Jupiter 2 in that the interior set wouldn't actually fit into the exterior--but it would have been cool if some sort of interior could be added. I wonder how different it would look to the actual (as shown) interior.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back