Galactica parts

bwayne64

Master Member
Hey, back with another installment of guess these parts, ; )

Obviously # 50 is a differential of some kind. Maybe a muscle car. Doesn't seem to be from a big truck.

Neck Portside # 50.jpg

# 33 is buried under the other part. You can see it peeking out a bit. Any
guesses ?

Neck Portside # 33.jpg

1 is a life raft from Lindberg LST or LSD either one works. Differential would be from the amt K123 cabover, or amt moven on truck. 51 is from the hasegawa leopold. 30 is from either the leopold or hasegawa morser karl. 31 is tamiya big scale 25th tiger 1, 32 is monogram b-29. 57 is a ladder from the same lindbwrg lsd or lst. 49 is probable from the amt moven on kit Kenworth I believe. I think there is a thread with part maps somewhere.

1 is a life raft from Lindberg LST or LSD either one works. Differential would be from the amt K123 cabover, or amt moven on truck. 51 is from the hasegawa leopold. 30 is from either the leopold or hasegawa morser karl. 31 is tamiya big scale 25th tiger 1, 32 is monogram b-29. 57 is a ladder from the same lindbwrg lsd or lst. 49 is probable from the amt moven on kit Kenworth I believe. I think there is a thread with part maps somewhere.
Thanks man I have all those. Just looking for #33 and # 50. I should have highlighted them. That's my bad, ; ) The differential isn't in the Movin on or K123. I looked in both of those. Might be from a muscle car. Still looking.

Incredible how you kit parts guys can discuss and identify. Greeblie DNA. Great help to this nearly lost art of studio scale space ship model building.
Working on the Falcon, I am slowly getting better at recognizing parts when I have the correct sprue in hand or the instruction manual or remember that color is a clue. Love the synergy of the back and forth sharing of detective work & discovery.

Too old to start another model when, if ever, finished with the Falcon. Galactica would then be next. The concept of a space ship aircraft carrier is really unique. But it’s kit part I.D. seems much more difficult give the passage of so many years vanishing knowledge. Congratulations on your work. I do understand the labor involved and the addiction.

Incredible how you kit parts guys can discuss and identify. Greeblie DNA. Great help to this nearly lost art of studio scale space ship model building.
Working on the Falcon, I am slowly getting better at recognizing parts when I have the correct sprue in hand or the instruction manual or remember that color is a clue. Love the synergy of the back and forth sharing of detective work & discovery.

Too old to start another model when, if ever, finished with the Falcon. Galactica would then be next. The concept of a space ship aircraft carrier is really unique. But it’s kit part I.D. seems much more difficult give the passage of so many years vanishing knowledge. Congratulations on your work. I do understand the labor involved and the addiction.
Let me know if you decide to build the Big G. There are parts maps that have a large percentage of the parts ID'd. I'm trying to get the parts that are still unknown. Any I can't find, I can 3d print. Wish 3d printing was around several years ago. Could have saved a crap ton on kits, lol. Oh well , such is life, ; )

I'm pretty sure 33 is these parts from the 8rad
That definitely looks like the one. It has some small parts added on the front. I think I saw those a while back. I'll put them here when I find them. They're from a small Esci or Nitto tank I think. To be continued, ; )

Turns out those small parts on the front of # 33 were close but no cigar. Easy enough to print those. Most people wouldn't even notice them. But my OCD forbids leaving them off, lol.

Last edited:
Last one for this map. # 19 is what I'm looking for. Kind of looks like an axle from a Volkswagen beetle. That's just a wild guess. Don't know if there were any Volkswagen models used by Apogee, ; )

Neck Portside # 19.jpg

I have what I call Greeble freeze. Or greeble snobbery

“Is this project worthy of that greeble?”

“Such a cool greeble—wish I had a hull worthy of it”

“No tool to split sprue in half so it lies flat?”

“Razors make great turrets”

I would be insufferable.

“No the Planet of the Titans Enterprise shouldn’t have Millennium Falcon greebles, they’re ugly…”

One step forward two steps back. Thought we had # 33 Id'd, but the 8 Rad part is below the part labeled 33. Here's a clearer pic of the part. If anyone recognizes it, shout it out, ; )

Mystery Part.jpg

It's the one mentioned above by chazzychaz, it's supposed to be behind the LSD part. Hard to see anything back there. I'm still looking for the part with the red arrow. The 8 rad part # A6 is supposed to be under that one.

# 33.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back