Fathom Events

Forgot about this...

Also I saw that all the Spider-Man movies are going to be shown over the course of the next 8 weeks.

Just noticed Cinemark is going to be showing a bunch of vampire movies starting with The Lost Boys on Friday, then Twilight, Dracula (1931), From Dusk Til Dawn, Interview with a Vampire, and finally Blade. Why they didn't save this for October I don't know.

I noticed about a week ago that the Lord of Rings extended trilogy had showtimes in June. I didn't know if it had to do with Fathom Events or if it was just random rescreenings. Looks like it is Fathom Events...

Great, right? Nope. For some reason, they've decided that one night each will do for arguably the greatest trilogy of all time. Instead of spreading the parts out with multiple nights each over the course of three weeks or more, you're forced to have to make time to watch them on back to back to back nights which isn't manageable for most people, especially if they have young children. The limited screenings also means it's going to be crowded. It's already frustrating when the showtimes for most Fathom Events aren't more flexible but in this case, it's doubly so.

Studio Ghibli shows their movies every year with multiple screenings each. Warner Bros. should take notes.

I noticed about a week ago that the Lord of Rings extended trilogy had showtimes in June. I didn't know if it had to do with Fathom Events or if it was just random rescreenings. Looks like it is Fathom Events...

Great, right? Nope. For some reason, they've decided that one night each will do for arguably the greatest trilogy of all time. Instead of spreading the parts out with multiple nights each over the course of three weeks or more, you're forced to have to make time to watch them on back to back to back nights which isn't manageable for most people, especially if they have young children. The limited screenings also means it's going to be crowded. It's already frustrating when the showtimes for most Fathom Events aren't more flexible but in this case, it's doubly so.

Studio Ghibli shows their movies every year with multiple screenings each. Warner Bros. should take notes.

Gundam Seed. Already have seats in May

The extended LotR are sooo much better than the originals. Longer, but they flesh out the story.

I was dragged to Fellowship... but soonly was happy to be there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gundam Seed. Already have seats in May

The extended LotR are sooo much better than the originals. Longer, but they flesh out the story.

I was dragged to Fellowship... but soonly was happy to be there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yup, you know I'll be there for Gundam (y)

New steelbook but no theatrical release:

Star Trek III

Yeah, I really don't get it. Half the time a movie is brought back to theaters, it's to promote a new 4k/steelbook/remaster/etc. When the ST:TMP remaster was released in 2022, they had a coinciding theatrical release. This would have been a perfect opportunity. Through Fathom, I've seen TMP twice, TWOK twice, and TVH once. For some reason, TSFS has never been shown.

Eh, we still have the rest of the year so there's a chance. They're always adding to the Fathom Events schedule.

Last edited:
Yup, you know I'll be there for Gundam (y)

Yeah, I really don't get it. Half the time a movie is brought back to theaters, it's to promote a new 4k/steelbook/remaster/etc. When the ST:TMP remaster was released in 2022, they had a coinciding theatrical release. This would have been a perfect opportunity. Through Fathom, I've seen TMP twice, TWOK twice, and TVH once. For some reason, TSFS has never been shown.

Eh, we still have the rest of the year so there's a chance. They're always adding to the Fathom Events schedule.

I know that it seems I am going on, and on, and on, with my complaints about SFS not getting a 40th anniversary theatrical showing—but, keep in mind that I am a member of the RPF and beating dead horses and not letting things go is what we do.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back