Fathom Events

Forgot to post this...

If there's such a thing as a perfect movie, it's Back to the Future. Thank goodness Gale and Zemeckis have enough sense to not let any Universal execs vulture in and reboot it.

If there's such a thing as a perfect movie, it's Back to the Future. Thank goodness Gale and Zemeckis have enough sense to not let any Universal execs vulture in and reboot it.

It will happen, eventually

Once “The Bob’s” are gone there will be a reboot.

Modern Hollywood cannot keep their greasy fingers off any franchise that they can reboot for a cheap buck.

It will happen, eventually

Once “The Bob’s” are gone there will be a reboot.

Modern Hollywood cannot keep their greasy fingers off any franchise that they can reboot for a cheap buck.
Oh for sure. You know they're DYING to remake it.

For the life of me, I don't understand the desire on the part of 'fans' to have a remake/reboot, not just with BTTF but, of any movie. If you really love a movie that much, why would you want a lesser copy???

I was happy to read a quote from Michael J. Fox saying he didn't like the idea of a remake either.

The only reason the studios crank out reboots is to retain the rights to the property. I heard it in an interview with a working actor. If the studio doesn't use it within a certain number of decades the rights revert back to the writers. It doesn't matter if it's good, or if it makes much money, so much as they bring in just enough money to whet the appetite of nostalgia hounds and this way they can use the IP again down the road if the reboot doesn't do well. If it does well, they make more right away until they stop generating money. Then it can lie dormant for a few decades again.

The idea of BTTF getting remade makes my stomach turn. I know it will happen once the Bobs are gone and the original cast is mostly gone, but it's still an awful idea. I will never understand the appeal to remake, or endlessly continue ANY series ad nauseum. As much as I love certain movies, I don't need 100 different versions or eternal sequels of them. Too much of anything isn't good for you. It's a natural law.

The only reason the studios crank out reboots is to retain the rights to the property. I heard it in an interview with a working actor. If the studio doesn't use it within a certain number of decades the rights revert back to the writers. It doesn't matter if it's good, or if it makes much money, so much as they bring in just enough money to whet the appetite of nostalgia hounds and this way they can use the IP again down the road if the reboot doesn't do well. If it does well, they make more right away until they stop generating money. Then it can lie dormant for a few decades again.

The idea of BTTF getting remade makes my stomach turn. I know it will happen once the Bobs are gone and the original cast is mostly gone, but it's still an awful idea. I will never understand the appeal to remake, or endlessly continue ANY series ad nauseum. As much as I love certain movies, I don't need 100 different versions or eternal sequels of them. Too much of anything isn't good for you. It's a natural law.
This is why ( after much thought, debate and soul-searching) I have come to the conclusion that the entire Film Industry needs to be lanced and drained like a boil, debrided and cleansed, and then sterilized and have the social equivalent of broad-spectrum antibiotics applied in quantities approaching The Great Flood.

It's that far gone; time to start over. Preserve the movies that have been made. Retain the actors that have talent and ability. But deep-clean the insidious and incestuous industry mechanics that have become mired in this apathy and remove those who perpetuate this mire.

This is why ( after much thought, debate and soul-searching) I have come to the conclusion that the entire Film Industry needs to be lanced and drained like a boil, debrided and cleansed, and then sterilized and have the social equivalent of broad-spectrum antibiotics applied in quantities approaching The Great Flood.

It's that far gone; time to start over. Preserve the movies that have been made. Retain the actors that have talent and ability. But deep-clean the insidious and incestuous industry mechanics that have become mired in this apathy and remove those who perpetuate this mire.

Okay, I may not be psychic, but I am sensing something here.

Maybe like...

...like a sense of being upset or disappointed.

Something about expectations.

But the post is a bit vague.

Don't sugar coat it. How do you really feel?

Maybe they just need to remake A Star is Born, or King Kong.

Y'know, never been done before *sillyness*

I don't forsee Better Off Dead or Rock n Rule being re'made anytime soon. Whew!

but that's just my two dollars.

...or live-action Macross, where they actually followed the vhs videos script you bought out of Starlog magazine! Though they have remade Star Blazers pretty dang well.

VOTOMs ...anyone? ...anyone?

Too bad Captain Power never didn't make Season 2

Top Secret. Firefly. The Wall.

Melancholia --JUST KIDDING!!!

Hopefully our faves are safe.

That Geeks and Gamers fellow has always seemed to me to be the “Farmer Ted” of “The YouTube Rage Peddlers” who are a bit myopic and hyperbolic about “modern content” with a perspective that only nerds in the truest and most negative sense hold in high regard.

IMG_1709.jpeg

Yes, while the Kathleen Kennedy character is seen as the root of the problem, the Geeks and Gamers fellow seems to be seeing only part of what South Park actually presented as the entirety of the problem.

Drink Water GIF

Last edited:
Hmmm, so is the upcoming 48 1/2 year anniversary of Monty Python's Holy Grail count?

Wik
Yay, verily it doeseth. As do the James Cameron re-screenings.

I would've thought Fathom would have had the January schedule up by now but nothing yet.

If you get the chance to see Godzilla Minus One...

Wow! Just wow.
I'm just waiting for IMAX to thin out a bit before I go. Can't wait. I just checked showtimes and I noticed the audience score is at 98% and the critics' score is at 97%. Makes me happy to see a critically acclaimed Godzilla movie, now back-to-back after Shin Godzilla. I just hope it translates to the box office.

I'm just waiting for IMAX to thin out a bit before I go. Can't wait. I just checked showtimes and I noticed the audience score is at 98% and the critics' score is at 97%. Makes me happy to see a critically acclaimed Godzilla movie, now back-to-back after Shin Godzilla. I just hope it translates to the box office.
I would love for it to, but we had less people than The Marvels.

I'd love to see it in 4D.

It gets LOUD!!!

And be prepared to fall in love with the cutest asian baby in the universe!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back