Fathom Events

Just came back from Die Hard's 35th anniversary screening. Wow! Fantastic on the big screen, even noticed stuff I never paid any attention to. Ellis makes an offhand comment to Holly to show John her watch, which he dismisses with "I'll see it later." It's the same watch he unlatches to let Hans fall to his death. Obvious, maybe. But never caught it. 10/10, best excuse to see an old movie again in the theater.

Just came back from Die Hard's 35th anniversary screening. Wow! Fantastic on the big screen, even noticed stuff I never paid any attention to. Ellis makes an offhand comment to Holly to show John her watch, which he dismisses with "I'll see it later." It's the same watch he unlatches to let Hans fall to his death. Obvious, maybe. But never caught it. 10/10, best excuse to see an old movie again in the theater.

Nice I'm going tomorrow (y)

They always talk about Die Hard being a Christmas movie. How come they never talk about Lethal Weapon???

Also forgot to post this...

I would love for it to, but we had less people than The Marvels.

I'd love to see it in 4D.

It gets LOUD!!!

And be prepared to fall in love with the cutest asian baby in the universe!

The baby was adorable and mom was also beautiful. I wouldn't mind finding a wifey like her.

Nice I'm going tomorrow (y)

They always talk about Die Hard being a Christmas movie. How come they never talk about Lethal Weapon???

Because it is written, somewhere, that mullets and a joyous holiday season do not mix…

Crazy Riggs…

IMG_2427.jpeg

Earlier in the thread I said Back to the Future was a perfect movie. I think I would have to say that about Die Hard as well.

Because it is written, somewhere, that mullets and a joyous holiday season do not mix…

Crazy Riggs…

View attachment 1769368

It's too bad we never got a crossover between the two franchises.

"One's a rogue cop with a partner who loves Twinkies and driving in circles, and the other's a rogue cop with a partner who's too old for this ****. With their trusty Beretta 92s and even trustier Camel cigarettes, together they'll become... A Lethal Die Hard Weapon!"

"Welcome to the party in theaters Christmas '89"

Last edited:
Not a Fathom event but Queen Rock Montreal is playing in IMAX this weekend. The Cowboy Bebop movie is also playing.

Forgot to post this...

Still no Star Trek III: 40th Anniversary event announced, it seems?
It could get added at a later time. Seems like half of the Fathom movies are late adds. I think when they showed IV a couple of years ago it was a late addition.
David lynch Dune is in Feb sometime.
Yeah, definitely going to catch that. I'm most excited for The Neverending Story.

I really want to see Dune, on the other hand, I dont lol. It's such a gross movie at times, Im not sure I want to see that so huge.

Really? I've never watched it other than a random scene or two. As a kid, I caught the beginning of the TV version with the super long prologue not knowing anything about it. I remember at the time thinking what the heck did I miss to need all this exposition? I don't think I got past the first scene. I found out years later that was Dune.

I heard when the movie was first in theaters, pamphlets were handed out to the audience to help them get acquainted with the world. Imagine that now.

I really want to see Dune, on the other hand, I dont lol. It's such a gross movie at times, Im not sure I want to see that so huge.
How *YOU* dune?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205-190954_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205-190954_Samsung Internet.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 23
I caught Dune the other night. Is it fair to describe it as a beautiful mess? I could see where in concept it seemed like it could be epic but it's too big of a story to condense effectively into two hours. Even having never read the books, I could tell there was a lot of both plot and character building they had to omit. The costumes and set design are great. The miniature work is fantastic. The compositing is good for the most part. Cool soundtrack by TOTO. It's odd that for a major motion picture, it looks like a made for TV movie. Didn't realize there were so many famous actors in it.

All in all, its ambitiousness is endearing. I enjoyed watching it even though I couldn't say it's the greatest thing. It really made me want to read the books now.

Forgot to post this...

I noticed Regal Cinemas is showing classic movie screenings every week. Field of Dreams tonight and tomorrow. The Fugitive this Sunday, Matrix next month. For anyone interested, keep an eye out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back