eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

:lol Please promise me you will never run a business... ;)
And I could buy 100+ used Honda Civics for the price of a Lamborghini and both drive down the road. You are comparing apples and elephants here. Those two things have very little to do with one another and have value for very different reasons. The reason the eFX scout helmet is $700 is not about how many troops you can get out of it. Heck... based on their license, it is not even technically supposed to be a wearable item! The value in the scout helmet is $700 all has to do with 2 things 1) the collector's market and 2) the pedigree of the helmet. If you dont' value either of those, then there are many many cheaper alternatives out there, but if you want something that has this lineage, from a licensed producer, $700 is what you are going to pay.

Are you arguing just to argue, or do you actually have an interest in justifying the statements you are making?

My business is the business of distastefully expressing my opinion on subject matters without much thought of consequence for the purpose of me being me. I told you my opinion and you don't agree. I don't agree with you so let's agree to disagree.

Or we can just duke it out in a ridiculous fashion and get it over with

I choose this for combat. A classic Miraphone 186 German CC Tuba. One of the better models available despite it's age. It's as beautiful as it is capable of crushing skulls indiscriminately. Denting only makes it sound better.

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_463928.944_4_valves_cc_V.jpg

Choose your weapon

Are distributors taking pre-orders from the 8th as well? Which reputable dealers are in the EU?

I cant argue with the price, I just hope the production numbers are plentiful enough and we get a fair shot overseas.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd say there's been a lot more quality and accuracy with fan-made items, some of which with the TKs, originate from movie-used suits. The logic that licensed replicas would be a higher pedigree as you put is a flawed logic. I have this debate with a co-worker often who argues that a Rubies TK should be 501st approved because it's licensed. There's a reason LFL/Disney asks the 501st to march in their parades and why their TK's aren't the Rubies $1000 craptacular spectacle.

Not to quibble, but I believe you misunderstood me. I wrote:

"Also, if eFX didn't have that access, this helmet would be little better than any fan-based helmet available. For a collector, that pedigree is easily worth this markup."

I'm speaking specifically about the pedigree with respect to the eFX Scout Trooper, reflective of the marketing language eFX included in their advertising.

I didn't intend that comment as a generalization that ANY licensee with access will always produce a superior replica compared to a fan / artisan. That, of course, is patently false. Everything, licensed or not, has to be considered on its own merits, case by case. For that matter, until there's a production Scout Trooper helmet from eFX for people to evaluate, all we have is marketing. That said, based on what I've seen eFX do, I'm reasonably confident their Scout Trooper won't disappoint. Of course, except for the fact that it's FG.

On a screen-accurate (shape) Scout Trooper replica helmet? Not to me. I'd rather it was vacuformed, but that's another post.
This. this x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

It can be "accurate" in shape and form, but it's fiberglass. Not how the originals were made. But you know what? Just as EFX did w/ the TK's, I can see them coming out with a vacuum form version for the "econo-friendly" poor folks like me.

I'm with you all the way there. Let's STORM THE CASTLE!!! "A - B - S!! A - B - S!! A - B - S!!"

Okay, well, maybe not. Anyway, I assume the Legend will be ABS, but will be bundled with something I don't want, making it that much farther out of my price range. I currently have a Scout Trooper ABS helmet made by Altmann. I believe it was one of the last he made. I'm fond of it, although it is too short.

Rgds,
Allan

Are distributors taking pre-orders from the 8th as well? Which reputable dealers are in the EU?

I cant argue with the price, I just hope the production numbers are plentiful enough and we get a fair shot overseas.

My distributor in Australia had it on Monday. I guess the pre sale early so they know how much to get of EFX. The limited # is determined by pre orders on the EFX website and distributor orders I guess. Which is good as everyone gets a chance to have one. :)

Ben

Im with you Gizmo. As soon as I saw the release date on RPF I called Popcultcha who had no info on it yet.

Couple of days later 'BAM' preorder was up and I placed my deposit ;)

Is the price for this helmet high? Yes. Is it worth it? For me I think it is, for others depends on many personal, financial, desirability etc. factors. Am I rich? Far from it!! How can you afford it then? Since it was announced years ago I saved a bit every month, and now I have the money for this lid ready. Am I an eFX cheerleader? Heck no, I hit them hard when they deserve (Legend Vader for international customers), but I also praise them when they deserve (TIE Fighter, LE Stormie, LE ANH Vader).

Why are you guys discuss about the price?EFX can charge whatever they want...when people are buying it it is a payoff.If not...they must lower the price or the retailers will do.
I would pay 1500$ for a really good Vaderhelmet...but not 700$ for a scouttroopermask.But that is only my personal opinion.EFX is a company..and companys wants to make money..and if enough people are buying this scouttrooper for 700$,the next mask could cost 850$ or higher?Hm...what will be the next one...a Snowtroopermask for 875$?:D;)

But its with everything in life..what is it worth for you?I think its very hard to say what a prop is worth.Because if you are a fan of something you will pay more.But if you wants to sell it in some years for the same or a higher price..that is another story.

Last edited:
Well I was expecting it to be about $100-$200 cheaper than it wound up being but I don't think it's out of the ballpark. I'm still potentially interested. I'm more curious to hear what they have in mind for the Legend edition. Someone mentioned perhaps including the holdout blaster and that doesn't seem too implausible to me. Perhaps they got their hands on an original one. They are pretty simplistic, iirc.

Yep, just saw that! I like that it's ABS and the blaster is a neat addition but I'm still on the fence about that weathering.

Isn't the material of fiberglass more expensive and difficult to work with over ABS materials? It looks like the cost would have probably been less for the legend, but instead made that pistol add-on to reach a higher premium price point. It's a shame you can't opt for the pistol separately. I'm also on the fence of the legend due to the weathering. I'm all for weathering a Biker Scout, but will it arrive over weathered beyond my liking? That's what's hard to take a leap of faith on. Final production helmet might be different than the photograph.

Love that pistol addition. Ugh I don't know...
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

I agree that the legend helmet weathering is a lil rough looking BUT isn't that how the weathering looked on the screen used helmets in RTOJ? If that's the case then I would rather it look like the screen used helmets as EFX have done.

I agree that the legend helmet weathering is a lil rough looking BUT isn't that how the weathering looked on the screen used helmets in RTOJ? If that's the case then I would rather it look like the screen used helmets as EFX have done.

Yes the weathering is correct to the movie. That legend looks awesome but I'm going to have to stick with the limited because of only direct ordering through EFX. It's not thier fault but I can't afford the shipping and taxes. :)

My hats off to Gino and Bryan for bringing this helmet in ABS as well. Nice one boys. ;)

Ben

I've already pre-ordered the limited edition with a UK dealer so I'm sticking with that, buying direct from eFX will get just too expensive. I don't like the weathering, even if it is screen accurate, but the abs construction is cool. Really wish they were all abs though :( The pistol I can happily live without.

But will the helmet be 100% ABS? I remember reading somewhere the visor might be made of fiberglass, is it not the case anymore?

I wouldn't mind seeing the blaster sold separately, but if shipping is as high as Vader Legend for Romania my friend who wanted a Legend will have to buy a LE too, so no blaster for me (he wanted to sell the blaster to me)...

I've already pre-ordered the limited edition with a UK dealer so I'm sticking with that, buying direct from eFX will get just too expensive. I don't like the weathering, even if it is screen accurate, but the abs construction is cool. Really wish they were all abs though :( The pistol I can happily live without.

Who was the UK dealer?

I wouldn't mind seeing the blaster sold separately, but if shipping is as high as Vader Legend for Romania my friend who wanted a Legend will have to buy a LE too, so no blaster for me (he wanted to sell the blaster to me)...

I'd actually be a little worried about the pistol being classed as an imitation firearm too, even if it's just solid resin. maybe I could get into trouble bringing that into the UK ha

Which UK dealer are you using if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the UK too, so am faced with the same issues. I'm unsure at the moment whether to order direct from EFX or use a UK dealer. The layaway plan offered by EFX is swaying me at the moment, since I don't have the cash up front to pay in full right now. I can imagine once EFX sell out the prices will rise steeply with third party dealers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back