eFX Reveals Stormtrooper Hero Legend Edition Helmet!

Well if efx should be interested on the belief of there customers, why not make a poll here on the RPF?
If no one wants this fiberglas helemt, they not need to make one:lol
Imho as so many also said,with a fiberglas hero helmet the legend line is dead.
If you want a fiberglas hero helmet buy this one:
http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/eFX/IMG_4691.JPG

but unfortunately..many more people want fiberglass(also see other forums)..hardcore perfectionists are minority, no doubt..
for me, I don't need licenced thing thanks the Force there is so much wonderful fanmade stuff to get

Yes but the point is this Legend line was touted as something to cater to those that are hardcore perfectionists a whole new direction in licensed replicas.
Instead it turns out to be just the same old sanatized stuff for the casual collector again, nothing new.

yes I know that..this company is known already to "tease" people with incredible news and then....we get old waiting
this was obviously a new kind of tease..
I was so looking forward for scout, but that thing they tell it will come out now is so disappointing..although I know it would be hell of a work to produce it the way they are made originally(I already made lonewolf lid from 5(6) pieces so I know it's not an easy work..especially for mass production)

but unfortunately..many more people want fiberglass(also see other forums)..hardcore perfectionists are minority, no doubt..
for me, I don't need licenced thing thanks the Force there is so much wonderful fanmade stuff to get

That's true for sure.Many fanmade stuff are sometimes ways better as the licenced stuff.
Take a look on the RS props helmet.In 30 years of Star Wars no licensed publisher has made a AnH stunt helmet replica like this one.In 30 years.

Well i think the point is not that efx is not able to make a relay nice looking fiberglas helmet out of it, the point is more that we already have this kind of stuff.
The goal was to get the "ultimative replica" . Well, called a legend replica.
A prop which look and feels like that what was on screen , what was used on set. With all the bumps dents and made the same way out of the same materilas as the real thing. A 100% replica.
I think thats the point on that discussion here.

I'm sure efx would sell this hero helmet in no time also if they would make a cleanup and or made it symetrical .
That's for the masses, but nothing for a prop collector.
That's how to make only money for sure, not making real movie props for collectors.

The goal was to get the "ultimative replica" . Well, called a legend replica.
A prop which look and feels like that what was on screen , what was used on set. With all the bumps dents and made the same way out of the same materilas as the real thing. A 100% replica.
I think thats the point on that discussion here.

I'm sure efx would sell this hero helmet in no time also if they would make a cleanup and or made it symetrical .
That's for the masses, but nothing for a prop collector.
That's how to make only money for sure, not making real movie props for collectors.

Totally agree!

That is the difference between various prop collectors, I'd like my trooper helmets to be as accurate as possible, with all the dents, warps and roughness, but others would prefer them idealized, cleaned up and even symmetrical.

I don't normally comment in Stormtrooper discussions because I am the dreaded near enough guy, who is happy with the helmet if it looks reasonably similar to what was seen on screen.

I have watched years of you die hard fans, arguing and discussing the tiniest detail. it's been fascinating, and I admire your passion. I never got involved because I had trouble seeing the differences. I currently own the cheapest Stormtrooper helmet that EFX offered. It is on my shelf and I am happy with it. I buy my props purely for myself, not to impress anyone else, so if it reminds me of the movie I am happy.

My point is I think I am the majority customer, the sort of customer that replica prop companies ultimately target. I had absolutely zero interest in another Stormtrooper helmet, until I read about this one. I love screen used props, because I like seeing how they were made, and having a glimpse into the history of the prop makers and the movie production itself.

If this helmet had gone ahead as per the originals, in construction, and materials, with the history actually associated with the originals, as per the Legends series own criteria. I would have wanted one desperately and I would have purchased one.

Sure they can make it out of fibreglass and make it exact on the outside. Go ahead, I am happy to pass, I won't lose a minutes sleep. But if EFX make it as per the original, and I can put it on, see what the original prop makers saw, and see what the actors would have seen, then I will lose sleep at the thought of missing out on owning one.

Certainly they will sell what ever it is they do produce, and it will be a fantastic piece. But from where I sit, this is a chance to make a replica you know will be talked about for years to come and looked back on as the time replica prop companies took the bar to a whole new level. It really will be legend status in every sense of the word.

I don't normally comment in Stormtrooper discussions because I am the dreaded near enough guy, who is happy with the helmet if it looks reasonably similar to what was seen on screen.

I have watched years of you die hard fans, arguing and discussing the tiniest detail. it's been fascinating, and I admire your passion. I never got involved because I had trouble seeing the differences. I currently own the cheapest Stormtrooper helmet that EFX offered. It is on my shelf and I am happy with it. I buy my props purely for myself, not to impress anyone else, so if it reminds me of the movie I am happy.

My point is I think I am the majority customer, the sort of customer that replica prop companies ultimately target. I had absolutely zero interest in another Stormtrooper helmet, until I read about this one. I love screen used props, because I like seeing how they were made, and having a glimpse into the history of the prop makers and the movie production itself.

If this helmet had gone ahead as per the originals, in construction, and materials, with the history actually associated with the originals, as per the Legends series own criteria. I would have wanted one desperately and I would have purchased one.

Sure they can make it out of fibreglass and make it exact on the outside. Go ahead, I am happy to pass, I won't lose a minutes sleep. But if EFX make it as per the original, and I can put it on, see what the original prop makers saw, and see what the actors would have seen, then I will lose sleep at the thought of missing out on owning one.

Certainly they will sell what ever it is they do produce, and it will be a fantastic piece. But from where I sit, this is a chance to make a replica you know will be talked about for years to come and looked back on as the time replica prop companies took the bar to a whole new level. It really will be legend status in every sense of the word.

You know, you can do that with some of the best fan made helmets like CfO or RS PropMasters too ;)

All the complaining in the world isn't going to change the factors that go into making our decision.
It's not about needing to convince us, it's going to be more about practicality, time, and money.

I'm surprised you would say such a thing. If that is true and no matter how unhappy your core base is,..well that sure is something.

I could care less about this helmet. I'm an idealized fan. I love the PCR line, however nearly every post here is furious, disappointed and saying they don't want it in fiberglass. You also should have never claimed to be making it out of materials the originals were made out of unless that's what you were going to do.

It did NOT say we are hoping to use the same materials.

If your and EFX's attitude is no matter how unhappy your customers are your not going to take that into consideration it speaks volumes about EFX.

BTW for crying out loud update your website once in a while.

Last edited:
I tried to explain it in post #420 but let me try to say it again a different way.
We are exploring the ABS option.
If we find that it is not viable, it will be because of the practical reasons already mentioned in previous posts, not because people didn't complain enough.

So while complaining might make you feel better, it is not going to affect the outcome in which way things are going to go.

Last edited:
Stop posting then.

Actually I was pointing out that although this is not a product I am interested in I share the outrage the majority of you feel about EFX's behavior which I would think would be appreciated.

I can have a problem with EFX claiming something without it being true even if it's not something I am going to buy.

I realize that, but it also sounds like a lot of pot-stirring.

I am sorry if that is how it came off. I absolutely do not mean it that way. I was genuinely trying to support those of you who are angry because EFX is not being honest.

It's not their quality, it's their lack of information and in accurate statements.

I just checked and this is still on their website

"Our Legend Stormtrooper helmet will not only replicate the original helmet in process, but all materials, as well."

Saying that is wrong. If they can not do it from a practical stand point that is just the way it is. If that is the case or may be the case they should not advertise otherwise.

I really was trying to be supportive, as I may not be getting this helmet there are potential things down the road I would want and I would like EFX to address these issues.

if you are going to pay alot of money for a screen accurate prop, then it should be that. we as star wars collecters spend alot of money for these props and find out that what you got was not as accurate as what we paid for is not right. so all i am saying let people know the truth about what they are buying and then they can make the decision of buying it or not, just don't tell us it is all that and it is not. I hope they get it right!!!

Mark

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back