eFX Reveals Stormtrooper Hero Legend Edition Helmet!

Yes I know, but if you paint a fiberglass helmet with a white gloss paint then it'll look like the ABS. And since we never saw the inside of a Stormtrooper helmet in the movie, what does that matter?

I think you are missing the point. We have "close enough" versions of this prop available already, we don't need another. We want was was originally hyped, a prop from original, made in the same manner as original as close to spec as the original prop used to make this offering. If other than that why bother? It'll look like just a money grab from EFX for the "close enough" crowd.

I still don't see why this has to go to China. You could do "in house" runs of 100 at a time and be fine. Hell, sign me up for trimming and assembly detail for the first 100, just pay me in product.

Doug

I think you are missing the point. We have "close enough" versions of this prop available already, we don't need another. We want was was originally hyped, a prop from original, made in the same manner as original as close to spec as the original prop used to make this offering. If other than that why bother? It'll look like just a money grab from EFX for the "close enough" crowd.

You're right, I don't understand the point. You want it made of the same inferior materials that the production ones were made of instead of a superior material that still has exactly the same features externally so you couldn't tell the different unless you picked it up and turned it upside down to look inside. Your'e right, I don't get it. :confused

If its made from fiberglass, it won't look the same inside or out. Every edge of every tooth hole eye socket, ears, cap edge where it meets the face won't look the same.

I would never want to own a fiberglass trooper helmet. I know Gino wouldn't either, or most of the true stormtrooper fans here.
I like the look (from a distance in photos) of the fiberglass "set for stun replicas", but i would NEVER want to own one. Not interested one bit!

I will say it again.... EFX should offer kits. Call them model kits or whatever they want. I would pay twice as much for an untrimmed kit than i would for a finished fiberglass helmet and the kit would cost EFX almost nothing to make. There are even lots of people who offer trim and build services for people who can't or don't want to build them.

Keith.

I will say it again.... EFX should offer kits. Call them model kits or whatever they want. I would pay twice as much for an untrimmed kit than i would for a finished fiberglass helmet and the kit would cost EFX almost nothing to make. There are even lots of people who offer trim and build services for people who can't or don't want to build them.

Keith.

but then comes the recast factor, no company will ever offer untrimmed kits, you know how easy it would be to recast!

GFollano

You're never going to see kits.
Not because of recasting though.

Yeah I imagine EFX would have to get special rights to produce "models/kits" and some other company already holds the contract on those rights. = not gonna happen.

Doug

You're right, I don't understand the point. You want it made of the same inferior materials that the production ones were made of instead of a superior material that still has exactly the same features externally so you couldn't tell the different unless you picked it up and turned it upside down to look inside. Your'e right, I don't get it. :confused

I guess you don't have the same standards as some collectors here,

as stated there's already accurate ABS helmets around, fiberglass will never have the feel and look of a vacuumformed helmet, I could tell apart ABS and Fiberglass without even looking inside the helmet.

YES we want it to be exactly the same inside out like it came off the movie set, but I understand it can't be made for the masses or EFX would have done it especially with Gino behind it.

The main selling point for the Vader helmet was that it's almost a 100% exact replica in both material used and mold origins, no sure people would have settled for a injection molded even if it was much cheaper

But again these will stli sell out no matter what.

GFollano

Last edited:
LFL won't let kits of any licensed "props" will they?

Still have very high hopes for eFx!

I know Gino wants the very best for the pieces AND what is best for the company.

The fact that it isn't set in stone... We'll just have to see! Def no reason to attack Gino.

Yes I know, but if you paint a fiberglass helmet with a white gloss paint then it'll look like the ABS. And since we never saw the inside of a Stormtrooper helmet in the movie, what does that matter?

No way, I could easily tell painted fiberglass from ABS white plastic.

GFollano

Agreed, but we do need to maintain the "squeaky wheel" so we are heard and to give Gino some ammo to work with.

I appreciate that Doug but you aren't telling us anything we don't already know.
All the complaining in the world isn't going to change the factors that go into making our decision.
It's not about needing to convince us, it's going to be more about practicality, time, and money.

Last edited:
It doesn't work like that.
All the complaining in the world isn't going to change the factors that go into making our decision.
It's not about needing to convince us, it's going to be more about practicality, time, and money.

Opinions always have impact even if it is minor and ultimately doesn't effect outcome. As a businessman myself I totally understand the bottom line, so that is not lost on me either.

Doug

Well if efx should be interested on the belief of there customers, why not make a poll here on the RPF?
If no one wants this fiberglas helmet, they not need to make one:lol
Imho as so many also said,with a fiberglas hero helmet the legend line is dead.
If you want a fiberglas hero helmet buy this one:
http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/eFX/IMG_4691.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back